Illinois General Assembly 1/10/2023

mauserme

On 1/10/2023 at 3:09 PM, 357 said:

They even banned .50cal ammunition, more proof that is about "protecting Illinois communities" blah blah blah. It makes the tyrants feel safer.

Yep...you are spot on

Of course the G4’s major capability, shared by all Lenco armored vehicles, is ballistic protection. The basic vehicle will defeat small arms ammunition up to 7.62 x 51mm NATO ball, and it is upgradeable to handle .50 caliber M2 Heavy Barrel or 7.62 x 51mm armor piercing rounds.

SOR Magazine: Lenco BearCat G4 is "security big wheel" (police1.com)

On 1/10/2023 at 3:41 PM, EdDinIL said:

I assume the "Motion Filed to Reconsider Vote" is just a procedural thing for the Ds and not an actual attempt to prevent the bill's passage?

image.png.72465db374a4320fa498f748d877a1f1.png

Yes it's procedural.  It's a little hard to explain but it keeps folks that oppose the legislation from using that kind of motion to block the bill's progress.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, 357 said:

Also conspiring to makes thousands of business and small business owners and their workers go out of business and unemployed to advance the agendas of a billionaire, is this legal?

I don't remember which dem it was, but back when Les Baer said he was leaving IL, I asked a dem rep about the potential job losses, she said that it was collateral damage, and it is worth it. 

On 1/10/2023 at 3:31 PM, cybermgk said:

Pump action is excluded from being an AW.  However as written, it only excludes attached tubular mags for 22 rifles of any kind and lever action from the 10 rd limit, thus, as I read it even pump shotguns are limited to a 10 rd magazine.  AND, what is scary, is that with short shell rds, where does that leave a typical pump with a nominal 5-8 rd capacity, if using shorter rounds.  As written, technically they would be illegal, except at home, range, on road to range, or private property with express permission.

13       (2) "Assault weapon" does not include:
14           (A) Any firearm that is an unserviceable firearm or
15       has been made permanently inoperable.
16           (B) An antique firearm or a replica of an antique
17       firearm.
18           (C) A firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump,
19       lever or slide action, unless the firearm is a shotgun

with a revolving cylinder.

However,as written, it would

9       Sec. 24-1.10. Manufacture, delivery, sale, and possession
10   of large capacity ammunition feeding devices.
11       (a) In this Section:
12       "Handgun" has the meaning ascribed to it in the Firearm
13   Concealed Carry Act.
14       "Long gun" means a rifle or shotgun.
15       "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means:
16           (1) a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar
17       device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily
18       restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of
19       ammunition for long guns and more than 15 rounds of
20       ammunition for handguns; or
21           (2) any combination of parts from which a device
22       described in paragraph (1) can be assembled.
23       "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" does not
24   include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and
25   capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire

10200HB5471sam003 - 106 - LRB102 24372 RLC 42574 a

1   ammunition. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" does
2   not include a tubular magazine that is contained in a
3   lever-action firearm or any device that has been made
4   permanently inoperable.

This is where the lawyers come in. Without a cease & desist letter, I would argue that a pump action shotgun is not an assault weapon, so if I wanted to add a Nordic or Lancer magazine tube extension that would make my pump action shotgun have a magazine capacity of more than 10rds, that would be perfectly legal. I would look for an aggressive 2A lawyer like Bob Clement to represent me. It turns out that I am POOR and could barely afford a rookie attorney and would probably get my a$$ spanked...

On 1/10/2023 at 4:26 PM, ealcala31 said:

This is where the lawyers come in. Without a cease & desist letter, I would argue that a pump action shotgun is not an assault weapon, so if I wanted to add a Nordic or Lancer magazine tube extension that would make my pump action shotgun have a magazine capacity of more than 10rds, that would be perfectly legal. I would look for an aggressive 2A lawyer like Bob Clement to represent me. It turns out that I am POOR and could barely afford a rookie attorney and would probably get my a$$ spanked...

Sounds like a realtor and a moving van is the financially prudent decision. 

On 1/10/2023 at 4:27 PM, Mitch said:

Sounds like a realtor and a moving van is the financially prudent decision. 

Both, 2gther, would be much cheaper than hiring any lawyer...🤣

On 1/10/2023 at 4:26 PM, steveTA84 said:

Attorney with CRPA that is arguing in CA in front of judge on various gun issues 

This is all about Mike Bloomberg, money, and JB's Presidential bid. Money talks and pols can be bought. JB has to have this so he can say he is the king of the anti-gun rulers. He needs constant validation that he is the supreme ruler of Illinois. Just look at his never-ending state of emergency edicts over Covid. He is only interested in what is best for him and he doesn't care about anything or anyone else. The dems are already saying that they know this bill will not solve the problem and they still can't resist the opportunity to show everyone that they are in charge and ignore the people's will and the constitution, both federal and state. Illinois is a lost cause if these people don't get slapped down by the courts. Donate to the litigation fund of your choice and get ready for a long court battle.

The more quickly the bill is signed, the more quickly the 2A side sues. 

As for "them" knowing it's going down: of course they do, that's not the point. "They" get to both virtue signal, and please their gun-grabbing money stream. And JB gets to run for the Democrat nomination for president as a warrior against the evil gun nuts who actually both believe in, and revere, the Constitution of the United States.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:11 PM, hetzen said:

The sooner this **** passes and gets kicked out in court, the sooner the cook co AWB falls and I can finally get my fcking SBR. 

I'm a mix of resigned that this is going to happen, and looking forward to it getting struck down. It sounds like they know it won't pass court scrutiny. This feels a LOT like 2016, when they knew that AWB wouldn't get signed when Rauner was around right before the election and it was all a political stunt.

Depending on where in Crook you are, it might not be hard. As long as where you live is home rule. Fill out the form 1 and send in prints. The worst the ATF can do is say no. 

On 1/10/2023 at 4:52 PM, springfield shooter said:

As for "them" knowing it's going down: of course they do, that's not the point. "They" get to both virtue signal, and please their gun-grabbing money stream. And JB gets to run for the Democrat nomination for president as a warrior against the evil gun nuts who actually both believe in, and revere, the Constitution of the United States.

Jelly brains has ZERO chance of getting any nomination to run for president. One look at him and folks will barf

On 1/10/2023 at 5:29 PM, Monty80 said:

Depending on where in Crook you are, it might not be hard. As long as where you live is home rule. Fill out the form 1 and send in prints. The worst the ATF can do is say no. 

I am in home rule and they said no. They reached out to IL AG to confirm and after 6 months of waiting (when all other efiles are 30 days or less), I told them to cancel it. 

On 1/10/2023 at 4:52 PM, springfield shooter said:

I think it's a 2 for 1. On top of the brownie points for the AWB, he then gets to say "See, SCOTUS is crooked/extreme/etc and you need to vote me in".

Archived