I just can't take it anymore - Jim Durkin

mikew

On 1/8/2023 at 5:47 PM, mikew said:

After more than 20 years in the Illinois House, GOP Leader Jim Durkin is planning to submit his resignation from the state legislature Monday, Durkin told NBC 5's Mary Ann Ahern.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/outgoing-illinois-house-gop-leader-jim-durkin-to-resign-from-legislature/3039792/

He should have done that before casting his anti-gun votes.   

As one final reminder, Mr. Durkin is the last of three people identifying as Republicans to vote against concealed carry in 2011 when it was offered as HB148.   Of the three, Sidney Mathias and Rosemary Mulligan were given the boot during the next election.  This has been a long time coming.

HB148 was model legislation.  We had the votes, until we didn't.

On 1/9/2023 at 9:16 AM, BobPistol said:

One marxist out the door.

To be replaced by...another marxist.

Here is the new boss, same as the old boss.

I wouldn't say that, he's just a member of what Dan Proft calls the "Surrender Republicans". Playing nice so that he gets invited to all of the good parties while ignoring what's important. 

On 1/9/2023 at 9:43 AM, countyline said:

I wouldn't say that, he's just a member of what Dan Proft calls the "Surrender Republicans". Playing nice so that he gets invited to all of the good parties while ignoring what's important. 

They had a long article in todays Libune on him.  He really is a RINO and made a point of his last vote being for the gun ban. 

On 1/9/2023 at 8:43 AM, countyline said:

All it takes to evil to triumph is for good people not to do anything about it.

What's the difference between helping evil people do evil or doing nothing about it?

This is one way Marxism goose steps forward - when opposition surrenders.

Really no loss. The guy has never been a friend to gun owners.  Ever.

from https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/outgoing-illinois-house-minority-leader-resigns-amid-accusations-of-being-too-far-to-the-left/article_395b0662-9137-11ed-ac47-6b6595a7784b.html

The Illinois Freedom Caucus, which Niemerg is a member of, released a scathing statement regarding Durkin’s departure, saying “we are in a mess not because of our principles but because of our leadership’s lack of commitment to our principles.” 

Archived