Illinois General Assembly 1/8/2023

mauserme

On 1/8/2023 at 2:22 PM, IH8IL said:

I know its hard but its been said so many times, there needs to be a stop to posting info cause it seems they’re listening and maybe even reading the forums, these are not gun people so how did they arrive at 15 rounds? It was probably brought to their attention.

Thanks for posting a reminder.

Several posts have been removed.

On 1/8/2023 at 3:48 PM, cito said:

I should already know this -  is there a video link to tonight’s proceedings? Thanks…

The link to audio/video is always in masuerme's signature:  http://www.ilga.gov/houseaudvid.asp for the house, and http://www.ilga.gov/senateaudvid.asp for the senate.  Today. we're interested in the senate.

Good idea in this instance not to help those who can't help themselves Mauserme. Glad you are still putting forth the 110% effort to save us from them.

* The Speaker’s spokesperson says this statement is about both the gun bill and the reproductive rights bill passed by the House last week…

Speaker Welch’s Statement on Senate Proposals

“As Speaker of the House I will stand firm in our values and principles as Democrats. I will fight for the needs of Illinoisans and I will not accept a watered-down version of legislation that falls unacceptably short of the comprehensive solutions that the people of this state deserve.”

https://capitolfax.com/2023/01/08/speaker-welch-flatly-rejects-senate-proposals-on-guns-reproductive-rights/

* The Speaker’s spokesperson clarified that this statement is about both the gun bill and the reproductive rights bill passed by the House last week…

Speaker Welch’s Statement on Senate Proposals

“As Speaker of the House I will stand firm in our values and principles as Democrats. I will fight for the needs of Illinoisans and I will not accept a watered-down version of legislation that falls unacceptably short of the comprehensive solutions that the people of this state deserve.”

* Background on Dr. Baum is here. The Senate Democrats have shown some reluctance to support the House-approved assault weapons ban as-is, so this robocall is just one aspect of the proponents’ advocacy efforts. Other things are happening as well, but the main message is that the advocates want the bill passed as-is. The Senate has balked at House language requiring FOID holders to disclose serial numbers of their grandfathered assault weapons, apparently because this would be too much like formal gun registration, which Illinois doesn’t currently have. Advocates say deleting or altering the House language would gut the ban.

Anyway, here is one of the calls targeting Democratic voters in every Senate district yesterday and today

On 1/8/2023 at 4:35 PM, Molly B. said:

* Background on Dr. Baum is here. The Senate Democrats have shown some reluctance to support the House-approved assault weapons ban as-is, so this robocall is just one aspect of the proponents’ advocacy efforts. Other things are happening as well, but the main message is that the advocates want the bill passed as-is. The Senate has balked at House language requiring FOID holders to disclose serial numbers of their grandfathered assault weapons, apparently because this would be too much like formal gun registration, which Illinois doesn’t currently have. Advocates say deleting or altering the House language would gut the ban.

Anyway, here is one of the calls targeting Democratic voters in every Senate district yesterday and today

It is formal gun registration. And they know it.

On 1/8/2023 at 4:19 PM, mauserme said:

It's good to see you here my friend.  Been meaning to text you about things.

Thanks. You and Valinda are the best. Most have no idea how much you give of yourselves and your time for us. A commitment to us that would have most others committed. Lol.

And now Pritzger is upset about the senate bill.. From CapitolFax

https://capitolfax.com/2023/01/08/pritzker-says-enough-is-enough-claims-senate-gun-bill-falls-short/

From Gov. Pritzker…

Every time a weapon of war is used to inflict the maximum amount of damage in the shortest amount of time we mourn for the lives lost and communities shattered.

Enough is enough.

The people of this state deserve a real assault weapons ban, one that has a real accounting of the weapons currently in circulation and a real chance at ceasing the flow of more weapons of war immediately. We need a bill that meets the urgency of now and the current version in the Senate falls short

Rich Philips calls the statement a blatant veto threat.

If you have owned a firearm and hunt, target practice, use it for self defense or any other legal means and IT hasn't committed a crime how does registration of it's serial number make it less likely for your FIREARM to commit a crime? My firearms say they haven't been violent. My firearms are chill. 

Archived