Illinois General Assembly 1/6/2023

mauserme

I'm sure this will solve all of the problems in Illinois. God is gone from school; Dads have been replaced by a government check; students cannot read at a basic level (unless your parents sacrifice in order to send you to a private school) The feelings of suburban Karen's and repeat felons matter more than decent law-abiding citizens. 1 party has been in charge of this state since I learned to crawl. Maybe they and their voters should look in a mirror when they ask what's gone wrong. 

On 1/6/2023 at 1:58 PM, djmarkla said:

I'm sure this will solve all of the problems in Illinois. God is gone from school; Dads have been replaced by a government check; students cannot read at a basic level (unless your parents sacrifice in order to send you to a private school) The feelings of suburban Karen's and repeat felons matter more than decent law-abiding citizens. 1 party has been in charge of this state since I learned to crawl. Maybe they and their voters should look in a mirror when they ask what's gone wrong. 

Never mind the law says that parades have been gun free zones for 9 years already...

On 1/6/2023 at 2:38 PM, mab22 said:

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Illinois just hasn’t hit rock bottom yet. 

Well said. I would agree that we have not hit bottom yet but that slope is getting more slippery everyday.

On 1/6/2023 at 12:58 PM, Rangerdeepv said:

Kick the tires and light the fires............get the lawyers and all the case law from Heller, Bruen and other 2A decisions sharpened and ready for battle.

Get the guy handling the Naperville/NAGR case to write the briefs. That guy can argue!

On 1/6/2023 at 1:46 PM, jim123 said:

Then you're a bigot, racist, misogynist 223/556/300 ect who needs mandatory therapy to get your head on straight!

Thinks about it. I identify as a "high capacity" magazine... That makes me an illegal resident of the state. I can't be grandfathered in. I am forced to move, or cut off both my legs to the point where I might be considered 12 rounds tall. Either way, a civil/human rights violation. Opens up a new legal front outside the 2nd :)   Now, joking aside, in California this might actually be legitimate. Don't think Illinois is quite there yet, though.

On 1/6/2023 at 6:07 PM, Rangerdeepv said:

wow! now, according to the media, it's 15 rounds.  Do I hear 17?

On 1/6/2023 at 6:33 PM, mab22 said:

Don’t trust the media they are not on your side. 

Plus it's fox. So naturally they are going to play on conservative hopes/fears for ratings. heck they got me to click on it. 

If you check on CNN/Other Sites they make it seem like it's going to pass without a doubt, no law suits, sunshine and rainbows.

Not trying to sound biased. But take their articles with a grain of salt. They have their own bias for different reasons.

Archived