Possibly the real plan behind the ban

G214me

IMHO I think the real freedom haters behind the bill / ban like Bob Morgan, his leftist ilk politician friends, and the pile of blubber know their whole garbage civilian disarmament dream will be knocked down by the Bruen decision. Your run of the mill "moms" and other nobodies supporting it are just useful idiots who don't know what's coming. I'm thinking the higher up are going for a nasty gut punch before they lose everything.

WHEN yes WHEN not if this passes we will have to take the long slow road to smacking it down in court, and we will. They know this but let's look at the damage it will do ( or what they hope it will do)  before it's dead.....

FFL's and gun stores will suffer losses of sales but will probably survive. But they will feel it.

They're hoping people will be scared and get rid of banned magazines, sell off certain firearms, get rid of parts / "attachments", etc.

They hope that people will actually register firearms and they can get some kind of list of owners going before the court knocks it down. this has not worked well in other states but they'll try it. This is a FUDD state with gun owners who collaborate or are sheep that vote for the enemy in many cases.

They hope to keep all kinds of 18 to 20 year olds delayed from exercising their rights. ( Anyone who wants to do that to young Americans is a dirty son of a _____ in my opinion )

They hope to turn the more non compliant types among us into felons banned from ever owning a firearm ever again.

They hope to ruin anyone who sells magazines, uppers, parts at gun shows. They'd be out of business and stuck with an illegal inventory.

And now the big one......

They hope to cause severe damage to gun owners nationwide and here's how..... Manufacturers like Rock River, DSA, Springfield Armory, and probably some I haven't mentioned are Illinois companies who would be screwed big time when the vast majority of their products would be illegal to manufacture. Gun buyers all over the country would have less choices to buy, gun stores nationwide would lose profit they get when selling these brands, lots of people who make the firearms could kiss their job goodbye ( the freedom haters despise them anyway ). How long do they have to wait until the courts kill the bill ?

Like I said the rank and file supporters are just imbeciles helping destroy their own rights but the higher ups know we will win in the end so they want to do some damage before they get knocked out. I think this is the underlying motive.

I agree with some of the points you make, but I suspect it's much simpler than that:

-Pritzker might try running in 2024, and an AWB under his belt would be useful in the primaries, especially since he can brag that "he got it done but Biden couldn't"

-For legislators who support gun control, it provides an opportunity to pursue the top priority for their movement 

-The moms get a big moral victory

I don't think it's much more complicated than that.

Good points, but maybe in the meantime 

1. just carry a different mag for awhile. I used it as an excuse to buy a new gun LOL!

2. maybe we can get IL manufacturers to make a stand and stop selling to the state/counties that enforce it

3. know you’re enemy. I have an event in Highland Park today. Should be a fun time 🤣

On 12/8/2022 at 1:43 AM, MrTriple said:

I agree with some of the points you make, but I suspect it's much simpler than that:

-Pritzker might try running in 2024, and an AWB under his belt would be useful in the primaries, especially since he can brag that "he got it done but Biden couldn't"

-For legislators who support gun control, it provides an opportunity to pursue the top priority for their movement 

-The moms get a big moral victory

I don't think it's much more complicated than that.

I'm with you on your comment. It's all about Fat Boy running in the 24 primaries.

I believe that long term the left will go after firearm ownership the way they went after cigarettes. The goal is to make the activity socially unacceptable. I know that smoking causes long term damage, so I am no fan of cigarettes. I am talking about the techniques used by media and "authorities" to curb the number of smokers. They first demonized the suppliers and caused financial losses and then worked on shame as a tool for social change.      

Does anyone doubt that criminals will continue to get whatever guns they desire despite all the new laws that restrict law abiding gun owners? I don't know if the Democrats pusing this "Safe Act" really believe that it will make Illinois safer, or if they fully understand how it will do nothing to stop crime but will succeed in increasing their control over the lives of the peasantry. And how many not too bright Illinois gun owners will say to themselves, "I don't own an AR-15, and I don't own any magazines that hold over 10 rounds, so who cares?" Or how many will think "Its a shame that gun rights are being done away with, but I will still vote Democrat election after election since the MOST important thing in the world is keeping it legal to be able to murder one's own unborn children without any impediment". The courts might save us, but only in the short run. With the way Americans are voting, I think that the "packing" of the Supreme Court is inevitable, and with it, the reversal of all of the pro-2nd Amendment rulings of the last few decades. 

On 12/8/2022 at 10:44 AM, djmarkla said:

I believe that long term the left will go after firearm ownership the way they went after cigarettes. The goal is to make the activity socially unacceptable. I know that smoking causes long term damage, so I am no fan of cigarettes. I am talking about the techniques used by media and "authorities" to curb the number of smokers. They first demonized the suppliers and caused financial losses and then worked on shame as a tool for social change.      

I didn't see a huge run on Cigarettes when they started attacking them, considering the rate of sales in Illinois I'm not sure how you make it socially available.  They report sales are down, yes for Christ sake if they were any higher than they were in 2021 (8.5 million nics in IL) everyone in the state would have to buy 2 guns!   

On 12/8/2022 at 8:19 AM, Longrange454 said:

I'm with you on your comment. It's all about Fat Boy running in the 24 primaries.

The very mention of the Fat Boy being in the White House one day causes my wife to start vomiting, the kids start crying, my dog runs and hides under the bed LOL. I truly think he'd be even worse than the Chi Com owned puppet stooge we have sitting there now.

On 12/8/2022 at 10:44 AM, djmarkla said:

That’s already being openly done. There’s even a national activist group for that purpose 

You would be unpleasantly surprised to find out how many politicians were and still are ardent anti-gun true believers.

To them being in effect for a few years is a win, and they hope that when it finally comes to trial they somehow can swing upholding it.

To them it is a wise use of their time.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:53 PM, markthesignguy said:

You would be unpleasantly surprised to find out how many politicians were and still are ardent anti-gun true believers.

To them being in effect for a few years is a win, and they hope that when it finally comes to trial they somehow can swing upholding it.

To them it is a wise use of their time.

How long would they be in effect for when upon signing legislation like this, injunctions will be filed, likely by more than one pro gun organization.  These morons are literally walking themselves right into a trap of their own making.  

On 12/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I didn't see a huge run on Cigarettes when they started attacking them, considering the rate of sales in Illinois I'm not sure how you make it socially available.  They report sales are down, yes for Christ sake if they were any higher than they were in 2021 (8.5 million nics in IL) everyone in the state would have to buy 2 guns!   

Only two! Punters!😊 (you have to laugh so you don't cry)

On 12/9/2022 at 9:30 AM, Jeffrey said:

If only there were a running tally on expenses paid out to lawyers and other scum of the earth types from tax monies.  Would that be enough to catch any of their attention?

Political Grandstanding is very expensive. 

Illinois needs a constitutional compliance board for review of all bills considered in this state. 

On 12/9/2022 at 9:33 AM, SiliconSorcerer said:

Political Grandstanding is very expensive. 

Illinois needs a constitutional compliance board for review of all bills considered in this state. 

What would that accomplish? 

Legislators already have their own ideas on the constitutionality of any bill. It is going to be brought up in debate.

Advisors and lobbyists are going to bring up doubts, especially, if they believe there is a constitutionality issue. 

The panel could only be advisory.

Archived