Illinois to push hard to ban "assault" weapons

L.C.

I’m not surprised this is coming. The FOID System has only burdened folks that are law abiding to start with. Criminals with or without one will use a gun illegally so the system doesn’t work and now it’s time to go after the gun since controlling people hasn’t cut it.. When I bought my first hand gun over 50 years ago, at a long gone shop in Glen Ellyn, I asked about the FOID. the owner told me “it’s so they know where your are when they decide to take them” We live in a one party dictatorship, the voters double down on it every cycle. They pass a law in short order and we spend years hoping a judge will save us. They have the upper hand.

On 12/2/2022 at 7:36 AM, lilguy said:

I’m not surprised this is coming. The FOID System has only burdened folks that are law abiding to start with. Criminals with or without one will use a gun illegally so the system doesn’t work and now it’s time to go after the gun since controlling people hasn’t cut it.. When I bought my first hand gun over 50 years ago, at a long gone shop in Glen Ellyn, I asked about the FOID. the owner told me “it’s so they know where your are when they decide to take them” We live in a one party dictatorship, the voters double down on it every cycle. They pass a law in short order and we spend years hoping a judge will save us. They have the upper hand.

And no F... Democrats! 

I still say we should start massively reporting any lawyers voting for this to the BAR, clearly supporting illegal/unconstitutional laws. 

Impeachment proceeding must be started against any judge that attempts to rule against Bruen.

As stated in a previous post the Illinois  lawmakers are committing felony conspiracy by knowingly attempting to violate human rights under color of law. This is clear black and white law. They must be charged and arrested by a local sherrif today. Then held without bail because they are in effect committing sedention against the people and the laws of the the United States and thus are a clear and present danger to the citizens of Illinois. 

On 12/3/2022 at 6:53 AM, Sol-Invictus said:

Impeachment proceeding must be started against any judge that attempts to rule against Bruen.

As stated in a previous post the Illinois  lawmakers are committing felony conspiracy by knowingly attempting to violate human rights under color of law. This is clear black and white law. They must be charged and arrested by a local sherrif today. Then held without bail because they are in effect committing sedention against the people and the laws of the the United States and thus are a clear and present danger to the citizens of Illinois. 

I agree 1,000 percent but we will never see it happen

On 12/3/2022 at 6:53 AM, Sol-Invictus said:

That's what the cabal pays them to do, they could care less about higher court decisions or being sued. They are calling any weapon they want to ban an "assault weapon" which by the way was coined by Hitler for the Sturmgewehr 44 and is being used for propaganda to disarm Americans by a cabal that wants total control.

• mikew changed the title to Illinois about to push hard to try to ban assault weapons
On 12/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, G214me said:

Notice no mention of tougher penalties for actual criminals, things that go after gang violence, drug dealing, etc. Thats because stopping the violence isn't the goal. Disarming YOU is the goal.

The chicago dems aren't going to suggest any legislation that will put their voters in jail.  They just got the safe-t act nonsense that will keep most of them out of jail. 

If they start putting them in jail then crime will go down and they'll lose political capital to blame and ban the things they don't like. 

On 12/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

The chicago dems aren't going to suggest any legislation that will put their voters in jail.  They just got the safe-t act nonsense that will keep most of them out of jail. 

If they start putting them in jail then crime will go down and they'll lose political capital to blame and ban the things they don't like. 

you might want to check out rumble.com, it’s not the censoring YouTube.com.

• Molly B. changed the title to Illinois to push hard to ban "assault" weapons
On 12/4/2022 at 8:36 PM, Tvandermyde said:

here is a video I did on this 

if you like my commentary, please like and subscribe my youtube channel -- Freedom's Steel

I'll be trying to do a couple more shorter ones about smaller segments

Todd

Todd, great videos. I’ve been busy sharing them to help get the word out.

Chris

On 12/5/2022 at 10:51 PM, mikew said:

MSN scraped that from The Hill, who lists the author as a "opinion contributor".

The data says only 455 people a year are killed with rifles AKA "assault" weapons. More people are killed from hands, fists and feet.

https://eu.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2022/05/30/fbi-data-deaths-hands-fists-feet-versus-rifles/9960682002/

Will downstate Democrats vote against this bill? I get tired of hearing about how gun rights and gun control are NOT partisan issues, and that it is perfectly rational for a gun rights supporter to vote Democrat. I also get tired of hearing from the naive, or lazy, who say "I don't vote for the Party, I vote for the person". At the national level it is indisputable that virtually every elected Democrat votes in lockstep with what the Democrat leadership wants. While it has not be as true at the state level, I won't hold my breath waiting for downstate and possibly suburban Democrat elected officials to stand up for the U.S. Constitution and for sanity while crime is at epidemic proportions. 

If this passes, I wonder how many owners of so-called assault rifles, as well as owners of magazines with a capacity of over 10 will just willingly dispose of the now illegal items. When this bill passes it will be just that much easier to convince sane people to move out of this vile state. 

On 12/7/2022 at 1:15 PM, vito said:

If this passes, I wonder how many owners of so-called assault rifles, as well as owners of magazines with a capacity of over 10 will just willingly dispose of the now illegal items.

Check the compliance rate in ban states that enacted their laws a decade ago. It’s low, and it’s also rarely enforced (more or less add-on charges to crimes, not by themselves). Now, the weapons they want banned are even more prominent and normal, therefor.....

On 12/7/2022 at 1:23 PM, steveTA84 said:

Check the compliance rate in ban states that enacted their laws a decade ago. It’s low, and it’s also rarely enforced (more or less add-on charges to crimes, not by themselves). Now, the weapons they want banned are even more prominent and normal, therefor.....

How many bumpstocks got turned in, like a couple dozen.  I am sure that everyone else sawed them in half like they were supposed to of course?  

Archived