Pritzker aims to ban assault weapons

Molly B.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/pritzker-aims-to-ban-assault-weapons-expand-abortion-denies-bid-for-president/article_6e9ea91e-6068-11ed-991b-637c4f8be6be.html

Amid other issues, Pritzker aims to ban certain types of firearms and further enshrine access to abortion, even as early as next week when lawmakers return for veto session, if the votes are there.

“The fact is, whether we get it done in November, or we get it done in January, early in the session, whenever that may be, we are going to work on passing an assault weapon ban . . .” Pritzker said.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:23 AM, EdDinIL said:

They will comply, and they'll vote D again in 2024 and 2026. It's for the children.

I think the odds are that more of them would be supportive of any legal action required to protect their firearms.....THEN they'd keep voting D.

Please note the lack of purple.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:41 AM, steveTA84 said:

Heck, we have a D member here who voluntarily dumped all of their “evil” weapons a few years ago and still lobbies with the antis because that’s what the party wants 

Theres a few members here that are like democrat lite. When there was talk about doing away with the foid, some members here didn’t agree cause then how would they know they sold their firearms to good guys. They also went above what the law was to do a ftf sale.

On 11/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, IH8IL said:

Theres a few members here that are like democrat lite. When there was talk about doing away with the foid, some members here didn’t agree cause then how would they know they sold their firearms to good guys. They also went above what the law was to do a ftf sale.

Or keep their 10+ year old paperwork, fireplace she goes! 

On 11/10/2022 at 8:39 PM, crufflesmuth said:

I can appreciate JB's posturing. If he couldn't get it last year, let alone this year - it's going to be a miracle - especially with Bruen. The landscape has changed. Magazine limits and "Assault" weapon bans are dying, slowly, from California to CT. Oh well. I can't wait to purchase some more firearms. 

Yep, going to pick up another mag fed AK shotgun tomorrow just cuz lol

On 11/10/2022 at 8:35 PM, steveTA84 said:

Relevant?

That is some lawyers thinking outside the box, and I like it as it's a compelling argument.  S&W was exercising it's 2nd rights when making/selling the firearm they broke no laws while exercising those rights, thus they should not be liable, makes a lot of sense and is a very good argument!

That is a defacto declaration of war on the citizens. The introduction of that legislation demands an immediate federal inquiry and arrest of all the perpetrators for human rights violations. He must be immediately removed from his office as is demanded by all people who commit acts of sedition. He would legally have forfeited his rights as a citizen and could by all legal standards be considered an enemy combatant of the people and delt with by tribunal of the people. 

That is not a very wise move on his part. I do not and will not advocate violence. However I do advocate the protection of human rights and whatever course of action is required to maintain those rights, is morally and legally justified. 

On 11/13/2022 at 10:04 AM, DoYouFeelLucky said:

JB knows this will be challenged in court and IL will most likely not prevail.  However he is willing to spend the tax payers money like he is a drunk sailor in a *****-house.  Not like there are not other major IL problems that he and that money could be focused on.

Because this is less about local issues and more about him trying to push for a presidential run in 2024. He wants something to boost him in primaries. Maybe he'll campaign on reforming SCOTUS when it gets knocked down.

Archived