Not surprised at the idiocy of IL voters

vito

On 11/11/2022 at 10:42 AM, 2A4Cook said:

They made sure Lyndon LaRouche could never threaten their system again by locking him up on credit card fraud charges.

Uncovering a LaRouche scam

The LaRouchites' "fund raising" technique, the indictment said, consisted of approaching people in airports, shopping centers and post offices in seven cities to solicit contributions and sell subscriptions to such LaRouche publications as Fusion, New Solidarity and Executive Intelligence Review magazines. Donors were encouraged to pay with Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards. The card numbers were then recorded on what LaRouche followers called "contact cards," which listed a cardholder's name, address, telephone number and special interests. Later fund raisers used the cards to make further pitches by telephone. Some victims were called 30 times or more, often in the middle of the night. The fund raisers used what the indictment calls "increasingly insistent tones" to ask for loans or donations to the LaRouche campaign organizations. If the solicitations were refused, the indictment alleges, the LaRouchites went ahead anyway and charged unauthorized donations to the victims' credit cards. More than 2,000 unauthorized charges were made, the indictment said; one victim was taken for $8,200.

LaRouche, 64, who called the raids a "dirty trick run as a media stunt," was not indicted. He frequently denies any knowledge of his organization's finances, and he recently agreed to pay a $202,000 judgment to NBC in a damage suit rather than submit to a probe of his personal wealth. Nevertheless, the indictment says LaRouche discussed the credit-card case last year, telling a subordinate, "Just keep stalling, stall and appeal, stall and appeal."

Saturday, December 17, 1988;

A federal jury in Alexandria convicted political extremist Lyndon H. LaRouche Jr. and six associates yesterday of conspiracy and mail fraud in his group's solicitation of $34 million in loans since 1983.

LaRouche, a four-time presidential candidate who has promoted his controversial ideas internationally for almost 20 years, was also convicted of conspiring to hide his personal income since 1979, the last year he filed a federal tax return.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:42 AM, 2A4Cook said:

They threatened Ross Perot's daughter by sending him photos of dead bodies with his daughter's head superimposed on them, then tried to claim he was crazy and it never happened when he went public with it. 

Perot: Threats drove me out

Ross Perot said Sunday he decided to drop his independent presidential bid in July because the Bush campaign was threatening to use dirty tricks to smear his daughter.

In his first stump appearance since re-entering the race Oct. 1, Perot said he had received three reports that the Republicans planned to "publish a false photograph of my daughter" before her Aug. 23 wedding and to disrupt the ceremony.

Perot, who has made other conspiracy allegations without offering proof, provided no evidence of his contention that Republicans sought to embarrass his youngest daughter, Carolyn.

snip

Perot said he was told by a "prominent Republican friend" whom he refused to name, that the Bush campaign had used a computer to create a "fake photograph" of Carolyn that would have embarrassed her and the family.

He said he was told Carolyn's face was superimposed on the body of another person in an embarrassing situation and it was to be distributed to supermarket tabloids before her wedding. Campaign operatives also planned to be at the church to disrupt the wedding ceremony, he said.

Perot said he abandoned his campaign July 16 to protect his daughter, who encouraged him to rejoin the race after her wedding.

On 11/11/2022 at 4:40 AM, GTX63 said:

In Illinois, my 2k sf house on 5 acres was $4200.

That is actually a bargain for Illinois! 🤣

What I really like about TN is their Greenbelt property tax exemption, that allows you to possibly get a significant break on your property if you keep it natural and don't develop it, that aligns with what we want to do when we move to TN so it's quite appealing on it's own.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:49 PM, Flynn said:

That is actually a bargain for Illinois! 🤣

What I really like about TN is their Greenbelt property tax exemption, that allows you to possibly get a significant break on your property if you keep it natural and don't develop it, that aligns with what we want to do when we move to TN so it's quite appealing on it's own.

I'm in the Greenbelt program. You can use it for timber, agricultural or preservation applications. What impressed me was that they come right out and say they want the program utilized to preserve rural land and dampen urban sprawl.

Just an FYI, my $4200 tax bill was 5 years ago and in downstate Illinois. I believe the current owners ponied up $5600 for taxes on my old property last year.

On 11/11/2022 at 4:40 AM, GTX63 said:

Just for the sake of discussion, my Tennessee property taxes on 23 acres, 2400 sf house, barns, etc are $700.

In Illinois, my 2k sf house on 5 acres was $4200.

Yes, the sales taxes in Tennessee are what I consider high. I also will say I prefer being taxed on what I buy rather than what I own. In Illinois, it was as if they were taxing the crap out of me on land, fees, registrations, permits, etc but then telling me "Hey! You might be getting hit with a lot of taxes, but look at all of the freebies and entitlements we give you!" Illinois was like being in a no cancel contract with Satellite TV, ATT or a time share. I can say here in Tennessee, at least I can regulate my own taxation based on what I choose to buy via retail.

And, thanks to the lies about it being a "worker's rights" amendment, it appears that a constitutional amendment (Am. 1) has been added to the IL-ANNOY constitution.  The Illinois Policy Institute has estimated that the average - average - increase in our property taxes will be about $2200 within 4 years.

I have a 1300sf house and a 30' x 50' polebarn on about 1/3 acre in southwestern Illinois.  Despite the exemptions for "owner occupied", senior homestead, and "senior freeze", my taxes were almost $1800 for 2021 (pd. this past summer).

Don't bend over to pick up anything in this state !!

On 11/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, JTHunter said:

And, thanks to the lies about it being a "worker's rights" amendment, it appears that a constitutional amendment (Am. 1) has been added to the IL-ANNOY constitution.  The Illinois Policy Institute has estimated that the average - average - increase in our property taxes will be about $2200 within 4 years.

I have a 1300sf house and a 30' x 50' polebarn on about 1/3 acre in southwestern Illinois.  Despite the exemptions for "owner occupied", senior homestead, and "senior freeze", my taxes were almost $1800 for 2021 (pd. this past summer).

Don't bend over to pick up anything in this state !!

I thought it had to pass by 60%? 

On 11/14/2022 at 6:17 AM, Hatchet said:

I thought it had to pass by 60%? 

OR over 50% of the people that actually voted, a no response vote is a considered no vote. 

So if you have 100 ballets with 31 yes and 30 no, it doesn't hit 60% but it is over 1/2 voted yes.

Yes I think this is ... up, but I don't we will know for 2 weeks to allow that late mail in ballots. 

Unfortunately my guess, and I sure hope I'm wrong, is this will unfortunately pass. 

Archived