Not surprised at the idiocy of IL voters

vito

Pritzker and Duckworth re-elected, which tells me IL voters are supportive of the status quo. Crime in Chicago, economic opportunities disappearing as companies flee the state, property and income taxes undoubtedly going to increase are all fine with a majority of the voters. Any belief in the essential common sense of the American voter, and in Illinois voters in particular, is now gone and not likely to ever return. These are bleak days for sure for rational people. 

On 11/9/2022 at 9:44 AM, Jeffrey said:

Watch our population continue to decline after this.  Florida is just too fricken hot for my interest but looking better and better every day over high tax, high crime, high people.  I don't want to be the one responsible for turning the lights off any longer.

not Frick,  Frink.

Frink FL.

I like Florida, used to live in Tallahassee as a child.
My parents lived in Pensacola in the 2000's.

My wife has a close circle of friends here in Rockford, and three of my five grown children and their families are within an hour of us. I still want out of IL, but might only get as far as southern Wisconsin, which I am not sure is any better a place to live than is Illinois. If Republicans do take control of the U.S. House, or Senate, that might prove enough to keep things relatively stable and I might see my money in the stock market regain some of what it has lost in recent months. If despite everything wrong in the country right now the Dems retain full control of Congress, we will likely really see the SHTF. I think it is time to start stockpiling ammo if you have not already done so. 

On 11/9/2022 at 2:16 PM, vito said:

My wife has a close circle of friends here in Rockford, and three of my five grown children and their families are within an hour of us. I still want out of IL, but might only get as far as southern Wisconsin, which I am not sure is any better a place to live than is Illinois. If Republicans do take control of the U.S. House, or Senate, that might prove enough to keep things relatively stable and I might see my money in the stock market regain some of what it has lost in recent months. If despite everything wrong in the country right now the Dems retain full control of Congress, we will likely really see the SHTF. I think it is time to start stockpiling ammo if you have not already done so. 

I don't know all the politics of IOWA but they changed their insane graduated tax to a flat 3.9% tax and eliminated tax on retirement.  

I do know I went to a gun show with my nephew and he walked out with 3 new guns, it was then no wait if you had a license but its not now license required ;) 

In IOWA I guess CCL stands Cash and Carry Law. 

To me the other direction makes more sense Indiana is close, I've drawn my 4-5 hour radius maps heading east/south. 

On 11/9/2022 at 3:05 PM, TK 9mm said:

My retirement state will be one that does not tax retirement income, ironically Illinois does not for now and has to be 2A friendly(Not Illinois).

Florida and TX are too hot so it's either Wyoming or New Hampshire as my short list.  Loved Wyoming and have yet to visit New Hampshire.

I bet taxing retirement income is on JB's list, what does he have to lose, not any tax income.. 

On 11/9/2022 at 3:05 PM, TK 9mm said:

My retirement state will be one that does not tax retirement income, ironically Illinois does not for now and has to be 2A friendly(Not Illinois).

Florida and TX are too hot so it's either Wyoming or New Hampshire as my short list.  Loved Wyoming and have yet to visit New Hampshire.

No experience with Wyoming other than a buddy who recently left Hawaii due to the liberal policies on the island.  He was there for nearly 20 years and couldn't take it any longer.  All my in laws are NH.  Tough to find conservatives there in most area's.  No shortage of Fudd's however.

On 11/9/2022 at 3:09 PM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I bet taxing retirement income is on JB's list, what does he have to lose, not any tax income.. 

One of the things dems want to do is to tax retirement income and there is talk of applying an exit tax on public sector pensions.  People who leave IL will have their state pensions reduced. 

On 11/9/2022 at 3:26 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

One of the things dems want to do is to tax retirement income and there is talk of applying an exit tax on public sector pensions.  People who leave IL will have their state pensions reduced. 

Would the Illinois Constitution have to be amended to tax pension income?

Some IL judge and the appellate, and the supreme will find it unconstitutional, the only time they go with unconstitutional and not make everyone jump through impossible hoops first.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, steveTA84 said:

And (if it happens) it'll get shot down by the courts. But, it will make the Lefties feel good.

EDIT: How long until some intrepid reporter asks JB how an AWB flies regarding the Bruen decision? If ever.

On 11/9/2022 at 5:16 PM, springfield shooter said:

And (if it happens) it'll get shot down by the courts. But, it will make the Lefties feel good.

EDIT: How long until some intrepid reporter asks JB how an AWB flies regarding the Bruen decision? If ever.

Lol you think the communists will care about that? They’ve doubled down since Bruen

On 11/9/2022 at 5:16 PM, springfield shooter said:

He will deflect to point out the president Trumps appointed justices Kavanaugh and Robert's statement about states rights to limit some firearms.  Which doesn't conflict with the statement of commonly owned firearms but clearly will convince the uninformed. 

I’m thinking that reducing their state pensions would be against the IL Constitution.  But then it is the Democrats …..

On 11/9/2022 at 2:16 PM, vito said:

If you can't even get the "rational" people to vote, do you seriously believe they're going to do anything risky and strenuous???  

On 11/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, steveTA84 said:

These criminals need to be held accountable for flipping the bird at the Constitution and the SCOTUS and illegally stomping on our rights.

On 11/9/2022 at 9:36 AM, vito said:

Pritzker and Duckworth re-elected, which tells me IL voters are supportive of the status quo. Crime in Chicago, economic opportunities disappearing as companies flee the state, property and income taxes undoubtedly going to increase are all fine with a majority of the voters. Any belief in the essential common sense of the American voter, and in Illinois voters in particular, is now gone and not likely to ever return. These are bleak days for sure for rational people. 

Face it:  You could take a roadkill opossum, put a "D" on its picture, and Democrats will vote for it.  I give you, John Fetterman.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:22 PM, 2A4Cook said:

Face it:  You could take a roadkill opossum, put a "D" on its picture, and Democrats will vote for it.  I give you, John Fetterman.

In reality this election, Dems in PA did vote for a dead guy that died over a month ago, on top of the guy who can’t talk and is mentally incapacitated 

On 11/9/2022 at 2:43 PM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I don't know all the politics of IOWA but they changed their insane graduated tax to a flat 3.9% tax and eliminated tax on retirement.  

I do know I went to a gun show with my nephew and he walked out with 3 new guns, it was then no wait if you had a license but its not now license required ;) 

In IOWA I guess CCL stands Cash and Carry Law. 

To me the other direction makes more sense Indiana is close, I've drawn my 4-5 hour radius maps heading east/south. 

I am an Iowa native, and returned to the state in 2017.  Things went right in Iowa, literally.  We passed our 2A Freedom Amendment with 65% of the state supporting it.  We don't have oceans, sunshine, beaches, or any of that stuff.  We do need to build a wall on the IL and MN borders to keep them out.

Archived