Jump to content

Bailey or Pritzker


russ60477
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/1/2022 at 1:13 PM, Jeffrey said:

Dem's will maintain control of the city so don't expect those numbers to go away any time soon.

 

Democrats' big lie continues: "Republicans will take away your pension and Social Security".  Future generations have no say in what's bankrupt vs sustainable.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2022 at 1:54 PM, RECarry said:

 

Democrats' big lie continues: "Republicans will take away your pension and Social Security".  Future generations have no say in what's bankrupt vs sustainable.  

There's no way on God's green earth that Illinois can pay their pensions no matter how much they tax, all the state workers are in for a rude awakening at some point the state will have to default or seek federal bankruptcy.   That's not me that's what noble prize economists say of Illinois.    They also say "stop digging" but no-one is listening. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2022 at 2:35 PM, richp said:

Drives me crazy to see Pritzker's political ads claiming he has solved the state's financial problems, when what he did was shuffle around some of the Federal funds that were thrown our way for Covid.

 

All the structural problems remain, and he has shown no indication of being even slightly interested in tackling them.

Sadly it would take a real conservative capable of communicating that to the other half the state.  No such person exists that is willing to take the top seat away from the Illinoisian Big Guy.  In the meantime, dems will continue to lie and tell us what ever they want.  I actually heard them saying that abortion is on the line for the state.  They will say and do anything to maintain their power.  Adolf would approve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2022 at 2:35 PM, richp said:

Drives me crazy to see Pritzker's political ads claiming he has solved the state's financial problems, when what he did was shuffle around some of the Federal funds that were thrown our way for Covid.

 

All the structural problems remain, and he has shown no indication of being even slightly interested in tackling them.

 

Allow me to give an example of the mentality that JB's campaign seeks to attract. A few months ago, there was a commercial running down here in the United States (a.k.a. Downstate) that featured an individual bragging that JB had postponed the state's gas tax increase so that "we get the money instead of the oil companies". Exactly how the state postponing an increase in it's own gas tax serves to decrease oil company revenues is beyond me. But hey...like I said...it's the mentality his campaign seeks to attract..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2022 at 6:13 PM, MagSlap said:

I spotted a Bailey sign on the corner of a major intersection a few blocks from home....

We'll see how long it lasts before any dems do dem things...

 

(Yet...I'll say...'round here, havent seen any fatboy signs)

 

Just wanted to mention....

Those Baily signs? They were lifted a few weeks ago...

(Placed perfectly legal as far as I was able to look up....)

 

So...ya...democrats doing democrat things.....

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm mad.  Really mad.  Some months ago in an IC discussion of the R candidates for governor in the R primary, I and a few other brave souls advocated for a candidate (Irvin) who, at least, might be electable.  For a candidate who at least had a chance of peeling off some votes from the Chicago machine.  Because Chicago runs the state.  And unless a candidate can pull votes out of Chicago and away from the D incumbent, he has zero chance of winning come Nov. 8.  I thought everyone understood that.  Guess not.  The choice of commenters by far was Bailey because of his ideological purity.  Because he has always been pro-2A.  One person even essentially posted that it was more important to vote for ideological purity than for electability!?!?  WTH?  That makes zero sense.  And Irvin was not deserving of a primary vote because he just wasn't ideologically "pure" enough.  The grasp of realpolitik here is stunning.  And yes, that IS sarcasm.  /s/s/s/s just in case.

 

But, hey!  Congrats all.  Your ideological pure candidate just got a royal arse-whupping from ol' Jelly Belly.  Nice going.  Hope you really enjoy the next 4 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2022 at 10:32 PM, Prairie Pucker said:

I'm mad.  Really mad.  Some months ago in an IC discussion of the R candidates for governor in the R primary, I and a few other brave souls advocated for a candidate (Irvin) who, at least, might be electable.  For a candidate who at least had a chance of peeling off some votes from the Chicago machine.  Because Chicago runs the state.  And unless a candidate can pull votes out of Chicago and away from the D incumbent, he has zero chance of winning come Nov. 8.  I thought everyone understood that.  Guess not.  The choice of commenters by far was Bailey because of his ideological purity.  Because he has always been pro-2A.  One person even essentially posted that it was more important to vote for ideological purity than for electability!?!?  WTH?  That makes zero sense.  And Irvin was not deserving of a primary vote because he just wasn't ideologically "pure" enough.  The grasp of realpolitik here is stunning.  And yes, that IS sarcasm.  /s/s/s/s just in case.

 

But, hey!  Congrats all.  Your ideological pure candidate just got a royal arse-whupping from ol' Jelly Belly.  Nice going.  Hope you really enjoy the next 4 years.

Normally I’d agree with you but the democrats had such a strong showing last night (generally and also in Illinois) that I’m pretty sure JB was winning regardless of the GOP candidate.

 

A rough time on guns is coming in this state and the courts are the only backstop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2022 at 5:44 AM, Matt B said:

Normally I’d agree with you but the democrats had such a strong showing last night (generally and also in Illinois) that I’m pretty sure JB was winning regardless of the GOP candidate.

 

A rough time on guns is coming in this state and the courts are the only backstop. 

I agree. Even if Irwin did get the nod, the vote would be no different. There is no way any of those D votes would have changed because Irwin would have had an R next to his name, and that is all they needed to know. They wouldn't vote for an R even if it was a democrat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The majority of the people in this state are complete idiots.  I need to find a way out of here.  Even Pekau lost to a clown whose platform was climate change, abortion and gun control.  Yet, the morons will have the gall to cry when they pay for gas, pay for food, pay for utilities and get taxed out of their homes.  What do you do with people who enjoy getting repeatedly kicked in the nads?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stand with Prairie Pucker - I'm mad as heck.  As I wrote going into the primary, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Dems have that figured out - that's why they're kicking our red *****. For all the Green this and AOC that, did they not come together and elect the oldest, whitest guy in the history of our nation?  

 

Given the state and trajectory of our country, this mid-term should've been an absolute drubbing over that Senile Old ******* and his party. Instead, we cleanly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

 

And what will an empowered Pigster do now?!? I have a feeling we're in for a whole lotta you-ain't-seen-nothin-yet. 

 

Realpolitik, people.  You can't push your ideology if you don't have a place at the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My polling place had no waiting all day. People did not vote.  You can't win by staying home! Dead democrats somehow are able to vote. Why, other than being lazy or so arrogant to believe by not voting you are teaching someone a lesson can you not get off your butt and get to the voting booth? 

 

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing" Sir Edmund Burke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2022 at 7:25 AM, RedWrangler said:

And what will an empowered Pigster do now?!? I have a feeling we're in for a whole lotta you-ain't-seen-nothin-yet. 

 

Realpolitik, people.  You can't push your ideology if you don't have a place at the table.

We will get a AWB/mag ban (doesn’t matter if it’s legal or not), kids will be forced to take mRNA jabs (and the booster) to attend school, our taxes will go up and IL will become more D due to the fact that not all

of us can just move easily, but the ones that can will

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2022 at 10:36 AM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I remember when DuPage didn't suck, you couldn't find a Democrat in the county then they all moved into the county and screwed it. 

 

 

I moved into DuPage 21 years ago and at that time every single elected office was held by a Republican. 
Then the people escaping the crime and corruption of Cook County moved in and brought their ideology with them. 
Now it isn’t much different than Cook other than the court system.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2022 at 11:32 AM, Lou said:

I moved into DuPage 21 years ago and at that time every single elected office was held by a Republican. 
Then the people escaping the crime and corruption of Cook County moved in and brought their ideology with them. 
Now it isn’t much different than Cook other than the court system.   

Especially if your getting a divorce.  I know people (men) that have gotten appartments out of cook to file divorce papers. Men in cook get screwed in divorce court. Just a tidbit if you do live in cook and the unfortunate happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's always a court battle but "Banning a type of weapon that is commonly used by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes" is tough nut to crack. 

 

Has there been stand alone charge for owning a ghost gun yet?  

It'll cost the state a lot of money to loose that one, I doubt Paul Revere's rifle had a serial number on it. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...