Bailey or Pritzker

russ60477

On 9/26/2022 at 12:28 PM, Jeffrey said:

A vote for Bailey has nothing to do with making changes to our God forsaken state.  Just like Rauner, they are there simply to stop or slow the continuous carnage.  It wouldn't matter who got the spot if we are trying to make the place better.  We'll be detroit before we become Florida.

I'm not sure we can make another 4 years before looking to the feds for a PR style state bankruptcy and whoever's in charge will be blamed regardless. 

Passing Amendment 1 and start taxing retirement income may buy a few years. 

I mean so what if retired leave the state we aren't getting any tax from them anyway and they use more social services that we can use for illegals. 

Sounds like a Democrat win win. 

On 9/26/2022 at 6:25 PM, richp said:

Magslap raises an interesting point. In a west Chicago suburban neighborhood where there have been plenty of Biden signs in the past, I haven't seen a single Pritzker sign.

30 day political sign rule?

On 9/26/2022 at 6:13 PM, MagSlap said:

I spotted a Bailey sign on the corner of a major intersection a few blocks from home....

We'll see how long it lasts before any dems do dem things...

(Yet...I'll say...'round here, havent seen any fatboy signs)

I've seen one as well right downtown, I may have to stop and knock on the door to see how to get one, I have not been unsuccessful. 

I have 4x for Hood and I think a 4x form Pekau coming but I can't raise a sole in the Bailey campaign. 

It was interesting the one person I ran into when he was putting up signs said he can always tell the right house quickly because there's always an America flag out front.  I told him I have one out back as well ;) 

That's been happening to me too.

It's interesting to me that all of the Bailey ads that I see here in the northern part of the state focus on crime, and do nothing to answer the anti Bailey ads that focus on the abortion issue.

Apparently Bailey's people don't feel comfortable with responding. But for a large number of voters, abortion is something that they will take into consideration. So as useful as it for the Republicans to focus on crime, I think it's bordering on political malpractice not to do something to more effectively manage Bailey's position on the abortion issue.

On 9/29/2022 at 2:56 PM, richp said:

That's been happening to me too.

It's interesting to me that all of the Bailey ads that I see here in the northern part of the state focus on crime, and do nothing to answer the anti Bailey ads that focus on the abortion issue.

Apparently Bailey's people don't feel comfortable with responding. But for a large number of voters, abortion is something that they will take into consideration. So as useful as it for the Republicans to focus on crime, I think it's bordering on political malpractice not to do something to more effectively manage Bailey's position on the abortion issue.

Why waist the time and money. Those who believe in killing babies will not be changed.

Smallbore, that assumes there are no people who are ambivalent about the issue, or who are persuadable, if there are any nuances that could be explained.

It's those people whom the Republicans could potentially bring over to their side if a more well rounded ad campaign was conducted. Failing to rebut  those current abortion-related anti-Bailey ads lets them portray him as a one-dimensional candidate, when in fact there are many other attributes he would bring to the table if elected. They need to be highlighted, beyond what he currently is doing.

Not that I think the Chicago Tribunes Editorial board is worth a ... and I no longer have a subscription this is a excerpt from the publishing, JB refuses to meet with the Chicago Tribune Board..... 

Bailey, who opposes abortion except in cases where the life of the mother is in danger, has played down his views before a broader general electorate. He said he would push for a restoration of a law requiring parental notification if a minor seeks an abortion, but did not mention another goal to end taxpayer-subsidized abortions for poor women.

Instead, given the likelihood of large Democratic legislative majorities that enshrined a woman’s right to an abortion in state law, Bailey said if elected governor that “women are well protected here in the state” and that “nothing is going to change with the abortion laws.”

He accused Pritzker of using abortion as “fearmongering” among the electorate.

I'm not much of a Bailey fan, but I'll still vote for him because he is not Pritzker. I don't think he has a snowball's chance in heck of winning. He looks like a doofus, and has been portrayed as a bigot with his anti-Israel, pro-Palestinian comments. Fundamentalist Christians who are Israel's biggest supporters might not be able to get themselves to vote for Bailey. Personally, about the only thing keeping me in this awful state is the fact that pensions are not taxed. If that changes, I have to leave IL and leave quickly, probably to move north a few miles into WI. 

On 10/1/2022 at 9:16 AM, vito said:

[Bailey] has been portrayed as a bigot with his anti-Israel, pro-Palestinian comments. Fundamentalist Christians who are Israel's biggest supporters might not be able to get themselves to vote for Bailey.

Bailey is a fundamentalist Christian and loves Israel and the Jews, the Chosen People.
I think most of the fundamentalist Christians you are speaking of probably know this.

The fact that he met with Palestinians and American-born descendants of Palestinians speaks volumes, and I applaud him for it.
Including the picture of the map that had no Israel on it.

On 9/29/2022 at 2:30 PM, cybermgk said:

EVERY single video I have watched on Youtube, today (when I turn my VPN off), has embedded, can't cancel out of, anti Bailey ads on them  PARTICULARLY 2A related producers.  SOMEONE seems to be worried about Bailey.

Clinton, Bill, not cankels, was quoted as saying Republicans usually lead later in the game, I guess stupidity takes a while to wear off? 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/elections/ct-richard-uihlein-politica-contributions-20221010-3r3hdyuv5jghxhzqn57wfvva2y-story.html

Read it carefully.

No such $52M to Bailey.

Here's a snippet:

With a donation Friday, ultraconservative megadonor Richard Uihlein of Lake Forest, the founder of the Uline office supply and packaging firm, has given more than $52 million to back Bailey, primarily by being the chief funding source for a political action committee allied with the wealthy downstate farmer from Xenia.

The Play By The Rules PAC reported getting more than $13.9 million from Uihlein on Friday, State Board of Elections records show. With the donation, the PAC run by right-wing radio host Dan Proft of Naples, Florida, has received more than $42 million from Uihlein, including nearly $34 million since Bailey won the June 28 primary.

Uihlein, one of the nation’s largest donors for conservatives and conservative causes, has also given more than $10 million directly to Bailey, all but $1 million of it before the primary.

Uihlein has long supported other PACs and candidates backed by Proft, including Proft’s own 2010 bid for the Republican primary for governor, in which he finished sixth.

The billionaire’s decision to primarily direct his money to the PAC indicates a comfort level with Proft and apparent unease with the management of Bailey’s campaign against Pritzker, a billionaire entrepreneur and heir to the Hyatt Hotels fortune.

Maybe Proft  will put some teeth into the anti-JB  commercials,

while Bailey can stay the nice guy that didn't go negative like all this ODIOUS OFFAL and TRIPE JB is flooding the commercials with.

Youtube is getting really disgusting. I had been avoiding OTA TV for a while because of the upcoming election. Now that d..a..m..n. turd is intruding on  me again.

Archived