Bailey or Pritzker

russ60477

We've got to stop thinking about who is electable. That's how we've gotten into this mess. When we win we elect 'electable' candidates only to see them at worst betray their own party platform and the will of the conservative electorate and at best work to soften the blows but we still get struck, every single time... until the significance of the R party has become inconsequential. Now republicans only run to get the title, not to actually fight.

It's time we started voting for what's right. If we lose then let the victors continue to destroy our state until people finally are forced to recognize the damage THEY've done.

It's too bad that's the way it has to be but we've done ourselves no favors electing squishes to represent our interests. Invariably they don't.

On 9/18/2022 at 12:39 PM, rmart said:

We've got to stop thinking about who is electable. That's how we've gotten into this mess. When we win we elect 'electable' candidates only to see them at worst betray their own party platform and the will of the conservative electorate and at best work to soften the blows but we still get struck, every single time... until the significance of the R party has become inconsequential. Now republicans only run to get the title, not to actually fight.

It's time we started voting for what's right. If we lose then let the victors continue to destroy our state until people finally are forced to recognize the damage THEY've done.

It's too bad that's the way it has to be but we've done ourselves no favors electing squishes to represent our interests. Invariably they don't.

I couldn't agree more.   

We should put forward our strongest candidates.  Gun rights are a part of the culture war that so many squishy rinos want to abandon. 

On 9/18/2022 at 12:39 PM, rmart said:

Exactly. I'm sure there are people here who remember what Jim Edgar did to us on concealed carry.

On 9/19/2022 at 11:38 AM, ryr8828 said:

Exactly. I'm sure there are people here who remember what Jim Edgar did to us on concealed carry.

For decades the Chicago machine successfully ran their dems on the Republican ticket. Thompson, Edgar and Ryan are some  examples. Rauner was a nice break.

I do see Bailey tied to the machine.

Some of the past RINO problem  was also Judy Baar Topeka. She is long gone.

Let us help give Bailey a chance. A southern farmer much more desirable then a big city fat cat.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:46 PM, Smallbore said:

For decades the Chicago machine successfully ran their dems on the Republican ticket. Thompson, Edgar and Ryan are some  examples. Rauner was a nice break.

Let us help give Bailey a chance. A southern farmer much more desirable then a big city fat cat.

I don't know if I can 100% agree. I might not have liked her stance on homosexuality but she assured me personally she would sign a concealed carry bill. I liked Judy, she'd remember my name every time I saw her and give me a big hug. Just a nice person.

Edgar would avoid me at functions after we had a short talk about his stance on guns.

Jim Ryan, I told him if you can't trust me with a gun I don't think I can trust you as governor.

George Ryan told us what we wanted to hear, we all worked our a** off for him against a guy who lived about 3 miles from me, then he immediately cut our throats with a lock up your gun bill. 

I didn't like Poshard, he might have done the same thing, but we'll never know.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:46 PM, Smallbore said:

I hope readers see I missed a "not" in " I do not see Bailey tied to the machine". Frustrated!

A survey done Sept. 8-10 for the current Republican nominee found Pritzker at 44%, Bailey 37% and libertarian Scott Schluter 8%.

The race is getting tighter.  

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/new-poll-shows-pritzker-bailey-in-tight-race-for-illinois-governor?taid=632916f13ebd6d0001da46e6&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

On 9/20/2022 at 7:51 AM, Lou said:

A survey done Sept. 8-10 for the current Republican nominee found Pritzker at 44%, Bailey 37% and libertarian Scott Schluter 8%.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/new-poll-shows-pritzker-bailey-in-tight-race-for-illinois-governor?taid=632916f13ebd6d0001da46e6&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

I couldn't say I've heard or know much of anything about Schluter but, what a jerk off for entering.  JB Privileged must have hired him to siphon some of the R vote.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:51 AM, Lou said:

The let them all out of prison act combined with the TV ad that shows some urban youths exiting a car and curb stomping a suburban woman is having some effect. 

That ad needs to run a lot more. 

On 9/20/2022 at 9:17 PM, mab22 said:

Sometimes these stupid poles are only to dissuade you from and others from turning out because you think your candidate doesn’t stand a chance.

Dont let it work.

Hey buddy, I'm Polish and I don't try to dissuade anyone from anything. But if you wanna talk about them stupid political polls, I'm all in. 😉

On 9/21/2022 at 4:35 PM, Smallbore said:

We all are free to vote for who we wish. A vote for Darren is a vote to help Pritzker. Simple logic

I can see how you might have felt that way in the primary, but the only viable candidates in the general election are anti-gun Governor Pritzker and pro-gun Senator Bailey.  A vote for anyone other than Bailey is a vote for the incumbent.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:35 PM, Smallbore said:

We all are free to vote for who we wish. A vote for Darren is a vote to help Pritzker. Simple logic

Of course we're all free to vote for whom we wish. Did I somehow portray otherwise in my post? How does a vote for Darren help JB? I'm very curious to hear your simple logic. Thanks

On 9/21/2022 at 9:21 PM, JDW said:

Of course we're all free to vote for whom we wish. Did I somehow portray otherwise in my post? How does a vote for Darren help JB? I'm very curious to hear your simple logic. Thanks

I suspect he interpreted "darren" as a 3rd party candidate instead of "Darren Bailey" the GOP candidate. That's the only way the logic works.

FWIW:  I truly felt voting for Bailey in the primary was a big mistake; but we'll see.  If the election margin is within 10%, I'll be very surprised and impressed.  If Bailey wins, I'll be as stunned (and pleased) as when Trump won back in 2016.  If Bailey won Governor and DeVore (who I can't really say anything positive about as a person; but might vote for) were to win, it would certainly be interesting times.

I will vote for Bailey. But I don't hold out any real hope of him changing the direction of things as long as the General Assembly is set up the way it is. A lot more work has to be done at the legislative representative level to change the direction of things in this state.

Between current demographic trends and the way our media operates, I don't expect to see necessary change in my lifetime. But I do support and encourage efforts to keep nudging things in the right direction. Anything that strengthens the Republican profile and presence in the state has got to be a positive development in the long run.

Archived