Bailey or Pritzker

russ60477

Mauser, I agree with you.

However, in this case Pritzker is so bad that I thought we actually had a chance of tossing him out if we had fielded a more electable candidate.

And that would have been beneficial, even though we have a problematic example in Rauner. He was far from ideal, but he could have advanced some things that I think we all would agree would have been positive, had it not been for Madigan's iron grip on the General Assembly. No Democrat, particularly Pritzker, is going to do anything like that.

I often find myself voting for an unelectable candidate with the thought in mind that the more votes that person can get, the stronger their profile might be for the next election cycle. However in this case I don't think Bailey has any future to try to strengthen him for.

I'll vote for him, because I think generally supporting the Republican party - as imperfect as it is - is better than doing anything that resembles supporting the Democrats.

It just sad the people are just so ... stupid to think who they elect for ... governor makes any ... difference on abortion when the house and senate have democrat supermajorites. Unfortinarely makes no ... difference on a whole lot of things.  Every ... commercial is about abortion which is completely irreverent to the ... issues.  

I see he put another 15 million in the the people who play by the rules PAC.  If like to see some more factual commercials. 

No he didn't balance the budget - that's a big fat lie.  

Etc etc etc  

I see no way to donate to that PAC if there is point me at it. 

Sorcerer touches on something that's interesting and important.

Here in the northern corner of the state Democrats are focusing on the abortion issue; Republican ads are focusing on crime.

Of the two, I think crime is probably the more powerful issue, and hopefully will overcome some of the dramatic negativity injected into the campaign by the anti-Bailey ads.

On 9/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, SiliconSorcerer said:

No offense but name a stronger one...  ??? 

(Other than primaries) 

On 9/17/2022 at 7:44 AM, richp said:

However, in this case Pritzker is so bad that I thought we actually had a chance of tossing him out if we had fielded a more electable candidate.

As the ILGOP has moved farther and farther left, it has lost more and more seats.   

On 9/18/2022 at 5:03 AM, lilguy said:

My daughter is a dentist in DeKalb county. She has a Republican state senator patient who believes Jaba is a good governor whos easy to work with on Issues facing our state.

There is no hope, just keep voting Republican to make you feel better. It’s the only reason to do so.

Better to vote Republican then vote dem knowing I am a traitor to liberty loving Americans.

On 9/18/2022 at 5:03 AM, lilguy said:

My daughter is a dentist in DeKalb county. She has a Republican state senator patient who believes Jaba is a good governor whos easy to work with on Issues facing our state.

There is no hope, just keep voting Republican to make you feel better. It’s the only reason to do so.

No Democrats are Republicans, but some Republicans are actually Democrats. 
Make sense now?

Archived