Aggravated UUW

Bush

On 9/14/2022 at 9:25 AM, Jeffrey said:

<---thought the same thing.  

Bobpistol, what 4 are so special?

The state of IL says so.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FAQ.aspx

Click on the "substantially similar"  survey.

If you are in those states you can apply for a non-resident CCL for $300 and carry in IL.

Looks like it is now 6 states that are substantially similar.

On 9/14/2022 at 11:36 AM, BobPistol said:

The state of IL says so.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FAQ.aspx

Click on the "substantially similar"  survey.

If you are in those states you can apply for a non-resident CCL for $300 and carry in IL.

Looks like it is now 6 states that are substantially similar.

That has to do with obtaining an IL non-resident license to carry a firearm. It has nothing to do with passing through the state, remaining in your vehicle while possessing a license to carry a firearm from your home state and having said firearm on or about your person. 

On 9/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, jim123 said:

Interesting. I thought you could have a loaded weapon in your car in Illinois if you have a carry permit from your home state.

You are correct.

First link is from some law office

Second link [ 430 ILCS 66/40 - 40 - (e) ] is the Illinois Concealed Carry act

Within a vehicle – Out of state residents can carry a concealed firearm in their vehicles as they travel through. Illinois so long as they meet the provisions of 40 (e) of The Act

(430 ILCS 66/40)
    Sec. 40. Non-resident license applications.

(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident:
        (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a

firearm under federal law;

(2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under

the laws of his or her state or territory of residence, as evidenced by the possession of a concealed carry license or permit issued by his or her state of residence, if applicable; and
        (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.
    If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.
(Source: P.A. 102-538, eff. 8-20-21.)

On 9/14/2022 at 12:29 PM, richp said:

This whole discussion is very short on actual facts.

Link to statute quoted:

(430 ILCS 66/40)
    Sec. 40. Non-resident license applications.

(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident:
        (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a

firearm under federal law;

(2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under

the laws of his or her state or territory of residence, as evidenced by the possession of a concealed carry license or permit issued by his or her state of residence, if applicable; and
        (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.
    If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.
(Source: P.A. 102-538, eff. 8-20-21.)

On 9/14/2022 at 1:32 PM, soundguy said:
     ... if applicable; ...

Not applicable for residents of permitless carry states.

All permitless carry states (except VT) do provide permit documents for when their residents travel to other states. While not technically required based on the IL law, it's probably worth getting it to satisfy the bureaucrats. Is it more expensive than the lawyer who will file a motion to dismiss based on the law?

On 9/14/2022 at 12:59 PM, Euler said:

Not applicable for residents of permitless carry states.

All permitless carry states (except VT) do provide permit documents for when their residents travel to other states. While not technically required based on the IL law, it's probably worth getting it to satisfy the bureaucrats. Is it more expensive than the lawyer who will file a motion to dismiss based on the law?

Absolutely!

Although no person should need a permit to carry, having that hard copy on my person may keep me out of trouble. I never leave home without it.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:19 PM, richp said:

Soundguy,

What I mean by that is we are presently having a lot of discussion on a situation about which we know very little, as to what actually happened in the encounter with law enforcement.

Until the poster is more forthcoming, all we can do is post the law.

I would like to know if he has a Missouri permit and if he had it on his person.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:53 AM, BobPistol said:

Only if the permit is from the 4 "substantially similar" states.   All other states permits are not honored. 

That is not correct.

Only states that are substantially similar is where those residents can obtain a carry license from Illinois.  

A resident from any state with a permit from their home state can carry a firearm in their vehicle. 

On 9/14/2022 at 2:02 PM, THE KING said:

That is not correct.

Only states that are substantially similar is where those residents can obtain a carry license from Illinois.  

A resident from any state with a permit from their home state can carry a firearm in their vehicle. 

Does it have to be in a case?  In the glove box maybe?  Locked.  Or can it be willy nilly laying behind the car seat accessible to you?

On 9/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, Bubbacs said:

Does it have to be in a case?  In the glove box maybe?  Locked.  Or can it be willy nilly laying behind the car seat accessible to you?

430 ILCS 66/5. Definitions said:

"Concealed firearm" means a loaded or unloaded handgun carried on or about a person completely or mostly concealed from view of the public or on or about a person within a vehicle.

On 9/14/2022 at 2:52 PM, Bubbacs said:

It's the same as with a Illinois permit, but you can't leave the vehicle with the firearm except to store in trunk. All other is exactly the same as an Il permit, just can't carry outside the vehicle.

On 9/14/2022 at 6:54 AM, Bush said:

Hey everyone, does anyone kno of a good attorney in da Wayne County area? Im from STL & was passing thru on my way to Kentucky, wen I was flagged & charged wit a Aggravated UUW

My advice is not to discuss details of the arrest on a public forum....a few posts have been removed from view. 

Please send me a private message.

Archived