Another FOID debacle.

THE KING

What happened to the FOID cards?  When and where did this mess go wrong?  Yes we all know they are a blight on our rights etc. but now it’s just plain crazy!  We had a card and before it expired you were to renew it (even in the pandemic) and you’d get a fresh on.  You needed the FOID to get the CCL.  And the CCL was to be on you person when carrying. Seemed pretty straight forward.

Jump ahead and we don’t renew our cards?  We no longer need to actually carry these cards as we can now e-card these anytime any where.  So we lock our cards in our safes so we won’t lose them (laughable).  How?  How and why did they make it this stupid?

And why can’t we do better, yes us!  Why not just carry these cards, renew on time, be a good owner of the outlandish rules we had.

I see and read all these problems here and have to wonder why?  I and the students I taught have never had these problems.  Course I and I teach them that having these cards in order and on you will eliminate most if not all these problems.  This includes the single card being issued for both cards.  Apply, renew, get card, carry on your person.  To me, and I know some don’t like my positions, but to me if the basic rules were followed with a small dose of common sense, poof these problems would start to go away.

Archived