Physical FOID card shows expired, but it's actually not

My physical FOID card shows expired but it's now actually running in parallel with my CCL card which expires in another two years. This is because I renewed my CCL mid-term with my FOID card's dates. I'm started to get questioned and declined by ranges and gun stores, even though I can show my valid CCL card. I even can show my on-line FOID portal which shows my FOID card is active

How do I get an accurately dated FOID card? The IL State portal does not offer this option unless I go down the route of a "lost card". But this requires an affidavit which I'm unwilling to complete since this would be a false claim. Calling IL State HQ does not good, no one will speak live.

Any advice appreciated. 

The FOID card and CCL are now a computer based system within the ISP data base. Any new card/cards you receive will have no expiration dates. All stores and ranges are now required to check the data base to sale you guns or ammo to determine validity. obviously those you are dealing with don't seem to be keeping up to date with all of the new procedures of ISP.

On 8/26/2022 at 6:06 AM, sbennett3705 said:

Thanks to all for the advice.

Since I apparently have the older card, how do I get the new, combined card without an expiry date? Again, there's no way to order one on the website unless I declare it lost (which I won't do). 

Unfortunately that is a problem that can't be fixed. They will catch up eventually and you will get the combo card. I know of no short cuts for that.

On 8/29/2022 at 8:44 AM, Smallbore said:

The ISP views the FOID and CCL card no differently then our IL drivers license. They consider the cards themselves meaningless. That is why they run the cards every time the public has contact with the police. The info on the cards make it easier for them to check up on us.

Correct! The reson for all this is to prevent those with a revoked or suspended Foid from purchasing ammo after the revocation. Several hundred people are running around with revoked FO
ID and did not turn them in, Imagine ! As always, the law abiding are the ones who must pay the price. Price being major inconvenience in this case.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a new FOID card with no expiration date. I get that they want it validated online every time, but it seems that having the expiration date would just save sellers the trouble for the case when it's expired on the card. Also a good reference for the card owner so it's clear to them as well when they need to renew.

My new driver's license has an expiration date.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:27 PM, grainderson said:

I have a new FOID card with no expiration date. I get that they want it validated online every time, but it seems that having the expiration date would just save sellers the trouble for the case when it's expired on the card. Also a good reference for the card owner so it's clear to them as well when they need to renew.

My new driver's license has an expiration date.

Every time you look at it, you can remind yourself that having the same physical card forever and ever was the goal for which ISRA bargained away private transfers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 1:00 PM, Euler said:

Every time you look at it, you can remind yourself that having the same physical card forever and ever was the goal for which ISRA bargained away private transfers.

That would be the ISRA that I cancelled my membership with.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived