What does the XX Days remaining on a Renewal on the ISP Portal mean?

cybermgk

On 8/24/2022 at 11:16 AM, cybermgk said:

...  Is this the alleged time they have to finish?

Yes. It's days until ISP hits the statutory limit for putting a card in your hands. BTW plenty of people have gone negative (i.e., overdue). Also a game they play is that they consider the card to be in your hands the moment they tell the print center to print the card, but that actually takes about a month more.

On 8/24/2022 at 12:35 PM, Euler said:

Yes. It's days until ISP hits the statutory limit for putting a card in your hands. BTW plenty of people have gone negative (i.e., overdue). Also a game they play is that they consider the card to be in your hands the moment they tell the print center to print the card, but that actually takes about a month more.

TY.  Had a feeling that was what it was/is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 12:35 PM, Euler said:

The irony of this is that the statutory period pretty much didn't matter for the better part of the pandemic when per ISP's own numbers most people were waiting well beyond the limits for FOID and CCL.

Sounds like things have improved now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, cybermgk said:

... yet the CCL is now 5 years from the prior expiration date (still over a month from now).

Illinois FOID Application, Renewal & Appeal Process > JCAR CCL renewal not in sync with ILCS

What happened to you is the way it is supposed to be. When I renewed mine, I got bitten by the old JCAR (which is still the current JCAR). I guess ISP decided to follow the law instead of JCAR sometime between mine and yours.

Edited by Euler