Firearm Enforcement Blitz Across Illinois

mikew

https://wgntv.com/news/wgn-news-now/firearm-enforcement-blitz-across-illinois/

ILLINOIS — The state saw extra enforcement of its gun laws from June 16 to July 31 during which more than 1,000 people had their firearms legally taken away.

Illinois State Police (ISP) Director Brendan Kelly, alongside Cook County Sheriff’s Department Chief Leo Schmitz, discussed the recent firearm enforcement at a Thursday morning press conference. Kelly stated more than 1,700 compliance checks were conducted across Illinois with about 25% of those being done in Northern Illinois alone which led to 223 people in the region having their firearms legally taken away.

-----------------

One example provided by Kelly involved a clear and present danger report made to the ISP from Batavia. The investigation determined that individual should lose their firearms rights and, upon searching his home, police even found bomb-making materials alongside multiple guns and approximately 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

The entire press conference is available to watch in the video

On 8/19/2022 at 8:58 AM, mikew said:

https://wgntv.com/news/wgn-news-now/firearm-enforcement-blitz-across-illinois/

ILLINOIS — The state saw extra enforcement of its gun laws from June 16 to July 31 during which more than 1,000 people had their firearms legally taken away.

Illinois State Police (ISP) Director Brendan Kelly, alongside Cook County Sheriff’s Department Chief Leo Schmitz, discussed the recent firearm enforcement at a Thursday morning press conference. Kelly stated more than 1,700 compliance checks were conducted across Illinois with about 25% of those being done in Northern Illinois alone which led to 223 people in the region having their firearms legally taken away.

-----------------

One example provided by Kelly involved a clear and present danger report made to the ISP from Batavia. The investigation determined that individual should lose their firearms rights and, upon searching his home, police even found bomb-making materials alongside multiple guns and approximately 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

The entire press conference is available to watch in the video

Any how many are in jail? 

On 8/19/2022 at 8:59 AM, mikew said:

I guess I'll have to watch to see if it was tannerite or something.

Probably just fireworks, cannon fuse alone will get that proclaimed charge, even if you have lawful black powder signal cannons to use the fuse on, not that fuse is illegal just to have anyway even if you don't have a cannon to use it on.  That or misc pipe fittings.

I know someone that was charged with intent to distribute drugs because they found plastic wrap, lunch bags, aluminum foil, wax paper and a kitchen scale in their kitchen drawer after they found a small personal use amount of drugs in the same house!  The po-po actually seized all those 'drug' items out of the drawers laid them out on a table and dropped the little baggie of personal use amount of 'bud' and 'pipe' next to it and snapped off photos to support their claims in court that they person was distributing drugs.

This is making the rounds on YouTube videos now, Langley Outdoors as well as Guns & Gadgets have covered it. I haven’t heard of anyone in my direct area being affected by it but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. 

Sounds like no due process is being exercised here at all. Also the comments on the Belleville article are mostly disgusting. 

On 8/28/2022 at 10:53 AM, milq said:

This is making the rounds on YouTube videos now ...

On 8/27/2022 at 6:02 PM, Euler said:

I'm starting to see YouTube videos about this issue, one yesterday and one today. I'm sure there are others. Unfortunately they get the same things wrong that I've seen on Reddit (and to a lesser extent here): they mistakenly identify Clear & Present Danger as IL's implementation of a "red flag" law, and they mistakenly claim it came into existence after the July 4 shooting.

It's nice that the problem is finally getting wider visibility, but if the problem is misunderstood, there's not going to be much, if any, progress.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:53 AM, milq said:

This is making the rounds on YouTube videos now, Langley Outdoors as well as Guns & Gadgets have covered it. I haven’t heard of anyone in my direct area being affected by it but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. 

Sounds like no due process is being exercised here at all. Also the comments on the Belleville article are mostly disgusting. 

What else would you expect from the Belleville News-Democrat ??

Archived