Highland Park calls for a ban on ALL semi-auto firearms

steveTA84

On 8/16/2022 at 3:49 PM, Molly B. said:

Advisory resolution - changes nothing.  Just exposes their true intent.  Good.

+1

These kinds of press releases and articles never phase me.  Their goal is abolition.    As soon as they get semi-autos, the assault pump shotgun will be next. And the same people talking about how they are okay with shotguns will be demonstrating how much more deadly 00 buck is compared to a bullet from an AR15.  

On 8/16/2022 at 3:57 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

+1

These kinds of press releases and articles never phase me.  Their goal is abolition.    As soon as they get semi-autos, the assault pump shotgun will be next. And the same people talking about how they are okay with shotguns will be demonstrating how much more deadly 00 buck is compared to a bullet from an AR15.  

They already classify semi auto shotguns and the ones that accept magazines as "assault weapons". Every weapon is an assault weapon to them and that's just the first step.

On 8/16/2022 at 3:27 PM, Sweeper13 said:

A Highland park mom was on the news the other night supporting HP ban. Then mentions, she bought her 2 kids backpack body armor. I say kudos for buying the backpack, but the people she supports wants all that stuff banned , and lets not even get into the schools and teachers. 

That's not news, that's propaganda from the controlled media in coordination with Bloomberg's and Soros's minions to take people's guns and the uninformed eat it up.

The Highland Park NextDoor app is oozing with irrational misinformed comments. These people have no business influencing public policy, but they use the intimidation of name-calling and ostracizing to strong arm their weak-thinking neighbors. It's mob rule, not the "democracy" they think it is.  I try to flag the worst misinformation and bullying, but NextDoor admins are probably just as liberal. 

I'm gonna catch some flak for saying this, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

I'm of the opinion that the gun control movement has effectively lost the fight over guns in the United States. And since they have nothing left to lose, why wouldn't they throw everything at us including the kitchen sink?

On 8/18/2022 at 8:55 AM, MrTriple said:

I'm gonna catch some flak for saying this, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

I'm of the opinion that the gun control movement has effectively lost the fight over guns in the United States. And since they have nothing left to lose, why wouldn't they throw everything at us including the kitchen sink?

I agree, that that seems to be what is happening.  They are throwing both a bunch of stuff and initiatives, and extreme stuff.  I THINK as a last ditch effort AND to hopefully get some less harsh against them rulings at lower court levels, to somehow mitigate recent rulings.  AND, to overload our side.  Those that fight in the courts DO have limited resources. 

On 8/18/2022 at 8:55 AM, MrTriple said:

...I'm of the opinion that the gun control movement has effectively lost the fight over guns in the United States...

Having the law on your side in the long term is of little comfort to us who have no money for lawyers to convince corrupt officials to follow said law in the short term.  Having a legal ccw confiscated or court costs to fight some silly towns "not based on the law" ordinance would be financially not available to all but a select few.

On 8/18/2022 at 9:08 AM, stigz said:

Having the law on your side in the long term is of little comfort to us who have no money for lawyers to convince corrupt officials to follow said law in the short term.  Having a legal ccw confiscated or court costs to fight some silly towns "not based on the law" ordinance would be financially not available to all but a select few.

If the case was big/important enough, you'd probably have support from others in our community.

On 8/18/2022 at 2:30 PM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I'm still a bit baffled how states or even congress think they can ban commonly owned firearms, wasn't the SCOTUS decision clear on that?

The judicial branch can't stop the legislative branch from passing or repealing laws. That's just separation of powers. The judicial branch has the power to review laws and can issue injunctions to stop the executive branch from enforcing them, though.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, Euler said:

The judicial branch can't stop the legislative branch from passing or repealing laws. That's just separation of powers. The judicial branch has the power to review laws and can issue injunctions to stop the executive branch from enforcing them, though.

That review should take about 3 seconds, no 3 months or 3 years and they need to b...h slap them. 

Archived