Commodity flow survey?

dday

On 8/5/2022 at 9:56 AM, cybermgk said:

Not just holster companies, it appears  Ammo too

I would not be surprised.  Saw a video on YouTube a day or so ago where the guy was saying people are starting to complain they aren’t getting all of their ammo shipments through ups.  Or if they get then maybe 2/3 of what they bought was missing.  Sounds like a good idea is buy local.  

On 8/5/2022 at 11:17 AM, illinois_buckeye said:

I would not be surprised.  Saw a video on YouTube a day or so ago where the guy was saying people are starting to complain they aren’t getting all of their ammo shipments through ups.  Or if they get then maybe 2/3 of what they bought was missing.  Sounds like a good idea is buy local.  

So if you receive only 1/3 of the ammo isn’t that a claim?  How are the shippers dealing with shipping out 1k rounds to joe snow and he only gets 350 rounds? Sounds sus.

Edit: Are there any first hand undelivered UPS packages?  Heard it from a guy who said and then no actual customer complaints still seems sus to me!

On 8/4/2022 at 8:54 PM, mauserme said:

There's been some talk of the Census Bureau asking holster makers for sales data.

Who didn't try at least 5 holsters before you got one you were happy with ;) 

Not sure the point of this, I know this is how they determined (or said to have) that at one time the S&W shield was the most carried firearm in America.

I'm sure being  a decent but cheap ($320) firearm had a lot to do with that.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:01 PM, DoYouFeelLucky said:

They might be amazed and shocked at who is on those customer databases.

I sold a two (antique) firearms to a well known person in NY (now deceased).  He used an alias name for three years before he told me the truth. He said he could not risk people finding out he had firearms even if they were antiques from the 1860's. 

p.s. I waited 12 years to acquire one of them and he waited 8 years to convince me to sell.  

Archived