I received a second CCL after I already got mine a month or so ago..?

So as stated I just received A duplicate CCL from the ISP. 2 differences are... on my original from Late May, it says "Indicator: CCL" on the new one in the same top right corner location instead states "CCL: yes.

FOID # is the same but there is a difference in the "AL" number.. Also It came in an envelope with a generic ILLINOIS STATE POLICE with red print instead of the usual Fancy black print.. (may not be a factor but I'm just throwing it in there).

Also I am a rural carrier and delivered a few more of them the other day, the same day I received my second copy.

Any Idea why I would receive a second copy?

Thanks

On 7/31/2022 at 4:03 PM, DaveIL said:

So as stated I just received A duplicate CCL from the ISP. 2 differences are... on my original from Late May, it says "Indicator: CCL" on the new one in the same top right corner location instead states "CCL: yes.

FOID # is the same but there is a difference in the "AL" number.. Also It came in an envelope with a generic ILLINOIS STATE POLICE with red print instead of the usual Fancy black print.. (may not be a factor but I'm just throwing it in there).

Also I am a rural carrier and delivered a few more of them the other day, the same day I received my second copy.

Any Idea why I would receive a second copy?

Thanks

I got the same today, the only difference from one to another is the AL number... Which looks like to me some sorta date code.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 3:00 PM, rl_lp2 said:

I got two also.  There was a printing error on one.  The proper one looks like a FOID and has a CCL indicator at the top right hand corner.  I carry that one everywhere and threw the other card in my safe.

Shred.  The new official card is the combo looking card with the CCL indicator.  Anything else other than those who still have the OLD FOID and the OLD CCL will be the one card fits all card!

On 8/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, Bubbacs said:

Shred.  The new official card is the combo looking card with the CCL indicator.  Anything else other than those who still have the OLD FOID and the OLD CCL will be the one card fits all card!

My best friend that I took the ccw renewal class just got his second card too.

Both of ours are IDENTICAL except the AL number.

Archived