Rally Against Proposed Naperville Sales Ban July 16th.

Lou

The Aurora Sportsmans Club put out an alert about a rally tomorrow Saturday July 16th in support of one of the two gun stores that will be driven out of business if the law passes.  

Rally at Law Weapons
1539 N Aurora Rd. #119 Naperville, IL 60563
July 16, 2022 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty…

Nothing has exemplified that like the recent Bruen ruling from the Supreme Court. This is a decision the whole 2A community has been waiting for. It took a long time but for those who love liberty was worth the decades long wait.

In his majority opinion, Justice Thomas wrote:

Whether gun restrictions can stand must be measured by the nation's history, not by a state's assertion of urgent public safety interests…the Second Amendment "requires courts to assess whether modern firearms regulations are consistent with the Second Amendment's text and historical understanding."

This is a very high bar for the gun-grabbers to meet and replaces the most common standard of review applied to 2A cases in the past, “Interest Balancing” through intermediate scrutiny.

Under the new standard, the burden in EVERY 2A lawsuit is now that the government must prove that it’s restrictions are consistent with the text of the second amendment and within the historical restrictions in place at the time the Bill of Rights was ratified in 1791, not a compelling government interest in public safety or “Feelings” as we saw in the Deerfield case a few years ago.

This SCOTUS ruling has caused a huge uproar in the gun-grabbing community as they know that they have truly lost most of the legal leverage they had in past cases. It has caused them to become so enraged that it appears they have completely abandoned any pretense of respecting court rulings from what they now consider to be an illegitimate supreme court.

Emboldened by their rage against the court, a few days ago the city of Naperville published a proposed ordinance that would ban the sale of just about every semi-automatic firearm or magazine fed firearm within the city limits of Naperville. They are only banning the sale and not the possession of these firearms and accessories because the Illinois CCW statute prohibits them from instituting a new assault weapons ban, at least for now. This could put two firearms retailers in Naperville, Law Weapons and Range USA, out of business if it passes.

I am writing you today to urge you to participate in the continued defense of the Second Amendment in Illinois by attending a support rally Tomorrow, July 16th from 10 AM to 2 PM at Law Weapons in Naperville, 1539 N Aurora Rd. #119 Naperville, IL 60563.

There will be guest speakers, including our own Todd Vandermyde, talking about what is going on, and what the potential impact of this ordinance may be.

This event is being held in conjunction with the Rolling Thunder motorcycle event where Law Weapons is supporting veterans organizations. So come in a car or come on your bike but come to support the 2A in Illinois. Bring a Friend and share on your social media page!  Wear your 2A and ASC gear to be recognized as a supporter of liberty and the Constitution in Illinois.

I’ll see you there.

Eric

These people just never stop.  "If they can't buy them, they can't possess them."  If they do this, I hope these shops sue the crap out of them for their losses, along with a CA by a resident class representative for violating their 2A rights by essentially prohibiting them from purchasing these weapons in common use. 

There really needs to be some kind of enforcement arm with respect to these decisions (outside of the years long struggle of going back to court) in light of these lawless Democrats who flip the bird at Federal and SCOTUS authority and do whatever the heck they want to do.  They have no legal authority, for example, to declare "sanctuary states" and "sanctuary cities."  So, why are these people not individually civilly and criminally liable for their lawlessness???  Sovereign immunity does not extend to acts which these "public servants" are not lawfully authorized to commit.   Again, everyone just sits back and lets them get away with it.

Shooting today at greenwood mall Indianapolis 

A mall.....  oh btw  killer was stopped by someone with CCW    in a mall in indiana 

https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/at-least-2-dead-in-shooting-at-greenwood-park-mall/

The Greenwood Police Department confirmed Sunday that a lone shooter, believed to be an adult male, entered the food court of the mall around 6 p.m. with a rifle and several magazines of ammo. The suspect then shot into the mall, killing three people and injuring two more. 

GPD also confirmed Sunday that the shooter was shot and killed by a Good Samaritan who was armed with a handgun. The man who shot the suspect is fully cooperating with police.

I think Indiana has constitutional carry like Missouri and Ohio among other states.  You just notice how in these states when people are doing stuff where people are allowed to carry how quickly these events are stopped.  

I posted in another area, but there was also an incident in St. Charles Missouri early Saturday morning where a guy had robbed 2 gas stations holding a knife to the clerk’s throats and was in the process of robbing a 3rd when a guy who had just walked to his car saw him pull up and run into the station and confronted him after the guy went inside.  From the way I read it, it sounded like the guy came at the good samaritan who shot and killed him.  

https://fox2now.com/news/armed-robbery-suspect-fatally-shot-by-witness-at-quiktrip-in-st-charles/

Yes, we do have Constitutional Carry here in Indiana.  That became law on July 1st this year and before that Indiana was one of the states with the highest number of people with License to Carry.  Just looked it up and Indiana is third with 14% behind Utah and Alabama.  That is a % of total population not just of those old enough to get a license.   Jim.

On 7/17/2022 at 11:49 AM, Talonap said:

So how did it go? Any videos?

There was a lot more Rolling Thunder than people that came out simply to support this, I'm not sure I'm good at estimating size, but 100+ not 200. 

I'll always go if it's close enough to hear Todd regardless but in my opinion there wasn't a lot of show your support there. 

Aurora sportsmen and Guns Saves Lives I believe, if there were others I didn't see them.  One big flag on a truck I wear that in my back window.

1 car in the car show.. 

Archived