If Miller is posting, its getting attention.

countyline

He's as antigun as it gets.  He's the only republican left who voted against HB148 (HB148 Firearms - Concealed Carry in the 97th General Assembly).

He should have been voted out of office a decade ago.

He still should be, but the R's gave him a leadership position instead.  He is a weak sister and is the source of more problems than just ours.

On 8/9/2022 at 5:35 PM, mauserme said:

He's as antigun as it gets.  He's the only republican left who voted against HB148 (HB148 Firearms - Concealed Carry in the 97th General Assembly).

He should have been voted out of office a decade ago.

He still should be, but the R's gave him a leadership position instead.  He is a weak sister and is the source of more problems than just ours.

From what I just read they want to let the county handle carry permits and I see they have a provision for open or concealed carry. 
What am I possible missing?

HB148 was the culmination of long negotiations on both sides of the aisle.  It was a great bill.  It was agreed, we thought.  It should have become law.

Going against their party platform and against the expectations of Republican voters statewide, Jim Durkin, Rosemary Mulligan, and Sydney Mathias voted against it .  Mulligan's and Matias' political careers were effectively done at that point.  Durkin continues on as House Minority Leader, still working against his party and against our rights.

If you prefer your Republican leadership to adhere to conservative values, he's not your man.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 9:06 AM, Matt B said:

Rich now thinking a special session is not looking likely. ...

He was among those trying to build support for a special session but I don't think it ever really was likely, especially with the Veto Session right around the corner.

We'll have to be careful if there's a Lame Duck Session.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 6:05 PM, South Side 27 said:

It appears Smith and Wesson is the new boogeyman with their "M&P" branding for pistols and rifles. The gun grabbers have figured out what M&P stands for and is asking why these products are being sold to civilians when they are clearly meant for "military and police". I wonder if S&W could be held responsible for marketing this to civilians using a Sandy Hook type lawsuit? 

Well that didn't take long. The families are suing Smith & Wesson, Buds Gun Shop and the Illinois FFL that did the transfer to the alleged shooter.  

Edited by South Side 27
grammar