If Miller is posting, its getting attention.

countyline

What I find so amusing is the utter stupidity from those who support gun control.

They know so little about the law, that they aren't even aware that this sort of thing isn't going to survive constitutional scrutiny should it pass the General Assembly. And when it gets struck down, they'll whine and ask how this could happen.

I might not mind as much if they actually understood what the law says, but they don't.

On 7/12/2022 at 4:02 PM, MrTriple said:

What I find so amusing is the utter stupidity from those who support gun control.

They know so little about the law, that they aren't even aware that this sort of thing isn't going to survive constitutional scrutiny should it pass the General Assembly. And when it gets struck down, they'll whine and ask how this could happen.

I might not mind as much if they actually understood what the law says, but they don't.

Why should they understand it when you have two-thirds of the triumvirate of power in the US Government declaring active war against the remaining third??
You have a sitting President, Vice President and numerous elected members of the Legislative Branch actively libeling and slandering members of the Judicial Branch.

It appears Smith and Wesson is the new boogeyman with their "M&P" branding for pistols and rifles. The gun grabbers have figured out what M&P stands for and is asking why these products are being sold to civilians when they are clearly meant for "military and police". I wonder if S&W could be held responsible for marketing this to civilians using a Sandy Hook type lawsuit? 

On 7/12/2022 at 6:05 PM, South Side 27 said:

It appears Smith and Wesson is the new boogeyman with their "M&P" branding for pistols and rifles. The gun grabbers have figured out what M&P stands for and is asking why these products are being sold to civilians when they are clearly meant for "military and police". I wonder if S&W could be held responsible for marketing this to civilians using a Sandy Hook type lawsuit? 

If I'm not mistaken, weren't most of the claims in the Remington lawsuit thrown out, including the central one?

I mean, how successful do they think they'll be the second time around? It's their money they're wasting, so they can go right ahead as far as I'm concerned.

At this point we should be encouraging them to waste as many of their resources as possible.

I left a post in that nonsense. Close to 8pm'ish.  Should be easy to find if anyone wants to read it. 

Open defiance is the way to go now.   We don't need to defend types of guns or get bogged down into their bullcrap.  

Just mention the scrutiny part of the Bruen decision and state how an AWB won't pass the new test.   Tell them the FOID is even going to end up unconstitutional in a very short period of time. 

Let's face it, if the democrats in Illinois want to pass any kind of weapons ban, there is nothing that can be done to stop it since they have utter control of the Illinois house, senate and governor.  That has already happened in New York in relation to location restrictions.  While it is nice to say the Supreme Court says that can't be done, the bottom line is that any such law stands until a court finds it unconstitutional and you might sit in jail wating for the supreme court to find the law invalid.  All it would take to prolong for several years is for a liberal district court judge to get the case, refuse to issue a preliminary injunction and watch the case drag on for several years.  As has been seen in California, a clearly invalid law can be upheld for years by judges when any court (like the 9th Circuit)  is dominated by a particular political philosphy.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:27 PM, gunuser17 said:

Let's face it, if the democrats in Illinois want to pass any kind of weapons ban, there is nothing that can be done to stop it since they have utter control of the Illinois house, senate and governor.  That has already happened in New York in relation to location restrictions.  While it is nice to say the Supreme Court says that can't be done, the bottom line is that any such law stands until a court finds it unconstitutional and you might sit in jail wating for the supreme court to find the law invalid.  All it would take to prolong for several years is for a liberal district court judge to get the case, refuse to issue a preliminary injunction and watch the case drag on for several years.  As has been seen in California, a clearly invalid law can be upheld for years by judges when any court (like the 9th Circuit)  is dominated by a particular political philosphy.

I still think that we're right on the cusp of a rapid change in that philosophy. Now that we have an actual standard and a court unwilling to tolerate further games with 2A law, I believe many lower courts aren't gonna try fighting the issue.

They could get away with it before because they saw how the court wasn't taking these cases and wasn't rejecting their faulty legal reasoning. Now that this has changed, I believe they'll have serious reservations about playing those games in the future.

Do they really believe that a criminal, or someone who has crossed into a criminal mind-set, is going to think "wow, I can't use that type of weapon because it is banned in IL" as part of their train of thought?  And if all the problem guns come from IN and OH, as I believe some Chiraq politicians are on record as saying, what good would an AWB do in IL?  They should really put their efforts into making these mass-casualty events more illegal and with stricter penalties.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:22 PM, DoYouFeelLucky said:

Do they really believe that a criminal, or someone who has crossed into a criminal mind-set, is going to think "wow, I can't use that type of weapon because it is banned in IL" as part of their train of thought?  And if all the problem guns come from IN and OH, as I believe some Chiraq politicians are on record as saying, what good would an AWB do in IL?  They should really put their efforts into making these mass-casualty events more illegal and with stricter penalties.

They don’t care they want disarmament. You think they care about you being law abiding while they routinely release criminals who go on to commit routine crime? This law only appeases the scared suburban white woman who thinks it’s making a different that’s it. They don’t care about criminals they care about law abiding citizens like you being disarmed. That’s it.

On 7/13/2022 at 6:52 AM, WhiskeyRebel said:

They don’t care they want disarmament. You think they care about you being law abiding while they routinely release criminals who go on to commit routine crime? This law only appeases the scared suburban white woman who thinks it’s making a different that’s it. They don’t care about criminals they care about law abiding citizens like you being disarmed. That’s it.

Forget the disarmament part, they merely want to appease scared suburban voters and pretend that they're "doing something".

The real question, given how bad the environment is for the Democrats nationally (the GOP is now making a push to flip deep-blue seats, that's how bad things are) do they actually have the votes for a special session, at least on guns?

The Democrats have to be careful that they don't do anything that could hinder the reelection chances of their more "moderate" candidates in vulnerable seats. Even Illinois isn't going to be immune from the effects of the national environment, and we should fully expect at least several seats to flip, including ones that nobody sees coming.

On 7/13/2022 at 9:51 AM, MrTriple said:

Forget the disarmament part, they merely want to appease scared suburban voters and pretend that they're "doing something".

The real question, given how bad the environment is for the Democrats nationally (the GOP is now making a push to flip deep-blue seats, that's how bad things are) do they actually have the votes for a special session, at least on guns?

The Democrats have to be careful that they don't do anything that could hinder the reelection chances of their more "moderate" candidates in vulnerable seats. Even Illinois isn't going to be immune from the effects of the national environment, and we should fully expect at least several seats to flip, including ones that nobody sees coming.

No doubt they are currently looking at saving purplish seats. The thing we need is long memories. Trust is earned.

On 7/13/2022 at 10:47 AM, springfield shooter said:

No doubt they are currently looking at saving purplish seats. The thing we need is long memories. Trust is earned.

The Texas State House election was an 11 point swing for Flores.  Biden won it by 5, Flores won by 6.  Spot GOP +11 across the board and it would be an epic red flood. 

It will come down to just how scared the Illinois democrats are.  I think the leadership will  try to pass all they can because they see a complete wipeout coming their way.  But there may be enough purple seats to cause them to pause until after the election - then go for it in the veto/lame duck session.  

In the meantime we can warn the democrats and squishy republicans that an AWB and mag ban will be overturned because of Bruen and those in purple seats may be voting for a bill that not only cost them their seat, but the bill got overturned.  

On 7/13/2022 at 5:19 PM, Tip said:

Perhaps someone ought to point out that “mass shootings” are more prevalent under Democrat Presidents than under Republican Presidents.   Perhaps we ought to ban Democrat Presidents……

Maybe we should just do what Zelensky does and ban opposing political parties in the name of democracy lol

On 7/21/2022 at 9:37 AM, Ranger said:

I used to follow capitalfax.  They leaned left back then and have only gotten more radical left as time progressed.  I've tried to post factual information there and had it deleted or not post before.  I don't bother often any more.  We can only change the minds of those open to logic.

Rich Miller is under no obligation to be neutral.

his obligation is to himself: to sell subscriptions to CapFax and to drive readership of his syndicated column.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 5:16 PM, Molly B. said:

That's a very dangerous game of "double-dog dare you" if that's what he's doing.

I’m not too fond of politicians that play games like this. Sure, the ban is unconstitutional, but should it pass, until an injunction is granted once it takes effect, many people can and will likely be in legal trouble for nothing other than possessing something they legally purchased and refused to pay a poll tax on to “legally” keep

Archived