The ISP Person to Person check is a Gun Registry

AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

the person to person check at the isp website now asks for much more information than it used to. Seller info, buyer info, MAKE, MODEL, SERIAL NUMBER. https://verify.ispfsb.com/Public/Verification.aspx

it's become a gun registry of who owns what. 

On 7/1/2022 at 6:26 PM, AlphaKoncepts aka CGS said:

the person to person check at the isp website now asks for much more information than it used to. Seller info, buyer info, MAKE, MODEL, SERIAL NUMBER. https://verify.ispfsb.com/Public/Verification.aspx

Wow!  What if someone makes a typo on the serial numbers?  Become a felon overnight?

Color me silly but if they're asking for that much information then why does the seller have to keep their documentation for 10 years and why does the buyer have to find an FFL to keep theirs for 20 years.  

This is so stupid . 

Are those new fields of information *required* to be filled in, or are they optional?  Will the form give you a verification ID without all the extra info?

Can we find legislation backing that up? or was this done in "rule making"?

It's not mandatory to check a FOID, only see the FOID.  By checking with the ISP, you get immunity from liability from what happens with the firearm after the sale.  

That being said, this has got to be unconstitutional in light of recent SCOTUS decisions.  I think this might just pile on the added infringements attributed to the FOID enough to get a slam dunk case filed to eliminate this garbage infringement once and for all.  I'd love to see GOA jump on this, as I'm sure the ISRA won't.  And speaking of, wouldn't they know about this by now?  The fact that they've apparently said and done nothing is telling.

"Red Dawn" in Illinois. No need for 4473's. Just access the State database. Or, go to California and access their database.

Also, what will happen to all of this information and the infrastructure when the FOID is declared unconstitutional by the Illinois Supreme Court? Believe it or not, the Illinois Supreme Court, or maybe the 7th Circuit Federal Court.

On 7/2/2022 at 8:28 AM, 2A4Cook said:

It's not mandatory to check a FOID, only see the FOID.  By checking with the ISP, you get immunity from liability from what happens with the firearm after the sale.  

(Hopefully the ISP isn’t reading this ) BUT the initial page asks if you want to verify a FOID for a firearms sale or an ammunition sale.  
If you use the ammunition sale page you just put in the buyers FOID info.  
iANAL and I am not encouraging anyone to break the law but if the requirement is to check the FOID validity you have done that by running it through the Ammo section. 

Then again, I am not willing to be a test subject. 

It could be ISP's attempt at:

430 ILCS 65/3 said:

(a-25) On or before January 1, 2022, the Illinois State Police shall develop an Internet-based system upon which the serial numbers of firearms that have been reported stolen are available for public access for individuals to ensure any firearms are not reported stolen prior to the sale or transfer of a firearm under this Section. The Illinois State Police shall have the Internet-based system completed and available for use by July 1, 2022. The Illinois State Police shall adopt rules not inconsistent with this Section to implement this system.

If that's what they're trying to do, it's a horrible implementation.

On 7/2/2022 at 6:12 AM, Lou said:

Oohhh.   I certainly don’t like that.  

I’ve got a S& W up for sale but now I’m considering taking it down. 

Guns are for buying, not selling. LOL

I'll never do a person to person until that gets thrown out in court. 

Then I might sell something. But I doubt it. They can sell what they want at the estate sale. All I have is a couple wrist rockets anyways

On 7/2/2022 at 6:32 PM, Euler said:

Talk about a massive overreach!  The ISP just legislated a registry, and if there isn't another section, don't even provide access to any stolen gun list.  Didn't SCOTUS just clarify this in the EPA case?

430 ILCS 65/3 said:

(a-25) On or before January 1, 2022, the Illinois State Police shall develop an Internet-based system upon which the serial numbers of firearms that have been reported stolen are available for public access for individuals to ensure any firearms are not reported stolen prior to the sale or transfer of a firearm under this Section. The Illinois State Police shall have the Internet-based system completed and available for use by July 1, 2022. The Illinois State Police shall adopt rules not inconsistent with this Section to implement this system.

I was going to post that this was related to "stolen" firearms.

HOWEVER,

If they are recording the sales and running it against the list of stolen firearms  it "Would not be inconsistent" with the law / rule making.

So, whatcha gonna do about it?!

I agree that it sounds that's what they're trying to do.

the serial numbers of firearms that have been reported stolen are available for public access for individuals to ensure any firearms are not reported stolen prior to the sale or transfer of a firearm under this Section

The changes to the face-to-face page have not provided a way to check the serial number prior to the sale, without creating an instance of a sales record.

430 ILCS 65/3 said:

Archived