Any idea what this might be?

The new notification period is 6 months from expiration.

Did your letter say you don't have to take the class until 18 months after the disaster ends? Mine did. It's wrong, too. You have to upload your certificate at the time of renewal, same as before the disaster.

Did your letter say that you could look on the back for a list of FAQs? Mine did, and it was blank on the back.

On 6/3/2022 at 2:22 PM, Euler said:

The new notification period is 6 months from expiration.

Did your letter say you don't have to take the class until 18 months after the disaster ends? Mine did. It's wrong, too. You have to upload your certificate at the time of renewal, same as before the disaster.

Did your letter say that you could look on the back for a list of FAQs? Mine did, and it was blank on the back.

YEP and yep.

Taking renewal class very soon.

• 1 month later...

So everything I can find makes it sound like I should be able to submit an "incomplete application" for my CCL renewal WITHOUT training info.  And that I'll have 60 days to submit that info, but the applicant portal won't let me proceed to the next section without filling in that information.  

Am I missing something?

On 7/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, Dascrog said:

So everything I can find makes it sound like I should be able to submit an "incomplete application" for my CCL renewal WITHOUT training info.  And that I'll have 60 days to submit that info, but the applicant portal won't let me proceed to the next section without filling in that information.  

Am I missing 

The information on the ISP website is not correct.  They have made multiple changes and one of these changes is not allowing you to renew without uploading the training certificate. 

I have had multiple students of mine contact me about this issue.  Per an ISP representative at one of the ISP kiosks you can no longer finish your renewal unless you upload your training certificate.  

On 7/11/2022 at 2:40 PM, THE KING said:

The information on the ISP website is not correct.  They have made multiple changes and one of these changes is not allowing you to renew without uploading the training certificate. 

I have had multiple students of mine contact me about this issue.  Per an ISP representative at one of the ISP kiosks you can no longer finish your renewal unless you upload your training certificate.  

If you go back through the JCAR rules, it should have never been true that anyone could complete a renewal application without a training certificate. When somebody at ISP said that it was permissible, they were misinterpreting the rules. Beginning January this year, ISP got corrected. Sadly, most of the misinformation continues to be published, even by ISP on its web site.

Archived