E-FOID Cards Now Available

On 6/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, Euler said:

Technically that's true, but you're also going to have to have a way to "display" the card when requested, like a portable device with a screen and a USB port.

Right, and do not expect some merchant to provide a means. Only a fool would allow a stranger to put a memory device into the business' machine. 

On 6/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, Euler said:

but you're also going to have to have a way to "display" the card when requested

Words, matter and in this case the "or" in the law invalidates the requirement that you provide a way to display it, "or possession of an electronic version" is all that is technically needed under the law as written.  Another case of sloppy legislation.

With my current concern over loss card I think I will keep my card home in the safe.

There are a few ffls that post here. Will they comment on how there are handling the purchase of ammo in their store.

This old man finally figured out how to quickly pull up my deck page on my android. Will this satisfy them?

Next question is out of state sales.

Went to purchase firearm two hours ago.  They asked for my FOID but as we all know the CCL will do and we don’t have to carry both.  He says it must be a valid FOID.  I say ok they now have the official eCard FOID.  Pull out my phone and show him my eCard which shows it was taken less than 24 earlier.  He says we don’t accept them and no photos of actual cards either.  Ok I’ll just grab some 9mm and come back tomorrow to purchase the firearm.  He says since I’m having so much trouble showing a valid posed FOID he couldn’t sell me any ammo.

So to summarize:

rules say carry one card is sufficient 

common sense says my CCL is sufficient

now we have what appears to be a useless eCard 

(no I have both cards not yet combined into one)

Thank You Range USA aka Shoot Point Blank (Shorewood)

One has to wonder how much money AND where it’s coming from they are wasting on this eCard BS.

And why have a rule I force about carrying one card vs both if we stop not acceptable?

On 6/21/2022 at 1:34 PM, Bubbacs said:

Went to purchase firearm two hours ago.  They asked for my FOID but as we all know the CCL will do and we don’t have to carry both.  He says it must be a valid FOID.  I say ok they now have the official eCard FOID.  Pull out my phone and show him my eCard which shows it was taken less than 24 earlier.  He says we don’t accept them and no photos of actual cards either.  Ok I’ll just grab some 9mm and come back tomorrow to purchase the firearm.  He says since I’m having so much trouble showing a valid posed FOID he couldn’t sell me any ammo.

So to summarize:

rules say carry one card is sufficient 

common sense says my CCL is sufficient

now we have what appears to be a useless eCard 

(no I have both cards not yet combined into one)

Thank You Range USA aka Shoot Point Blank (Shorewood)

One has to wonder how much money AND where it’s coming from they are wasting on this eCard BS.

And why have a rule I force about carrying one card vs both if we stop not acceptable?

I was just at Range USA (Mokena) over the weekend and was asking them about the eCard and delay in combo cards being issued. I also have a physical foid card dated to expire next month, but my CCL and what it says online for my foid (including e-card) good till 2025. The employee said you can just use your CCL, and for e-card that they will ask you to load the ISP site on your phone in front of them - won't take a screen grab. Said they just had training on it. Curious if each location is handling it differently, i sometimes go to the one in Shorewood.

On 6/21/2022 at 6:15 PM, liberty13 said:

I was just at Range USA (Mokena) over the weekend and was asking them about the eCard and delay in combo cards being issued. I also have a physical foid card dated to expire next month, but my CCL and what it says online for my foid (including e-card) good till 2025. The employee said you can just use your CCL, and for e-card that they will ask you to load the ISP site on your phone in front of them - won't take a screen grab. Said they just had training on it. Curious if each location is handling it differently, i sometimes go to the one in Shorewood.

Ok I’ll go with that, different stores means differing ideals. Cool.

But why have a eCard if it’s just a waste of time? I’m going to attempt to load the ISP firearms site and then get a screen grab? Has anyone tried to use the ISP site with a phone or tablet of late?

Im not mad at the store, just disappointed that I didn’t think ahead and cover every base available to me for a smooth on the spot transaction! 

Archived