PLEASE HELP!

I’m a correctional officer and combat vet. I was told I could get impatient help for ptsd and not lose my job. After 3 months of inpatient RRTP I returned to work and was informed that since my foid card was revoked I had ninety days to clear it up or I will be fired. I was told I could appeal it with the state police which I’m not to confident in and it requires a lot of documentation that will take weeks to gather or have a judge sign some kind of order saying I’m fine to carry at work. No one even my lawyer, administration or union knows what needs to be filled in court. Please help and thank you

Edited by ShawnK

Was it someone from the state or your employer that told you that you could get the help and not lose your job?  Do you have documentation of that, such as a letter or email from that person?  Who approved your leave of absence for the treatment?  Did they correctly inform you of the post treatment actions?  You might need a good employment law attorney.

You can kiss your job goodbye if you go the regular route unfortunately is the reality.  Honestly you'd be lucky to get your FOID back in 12 months that way.

If you're considered LEO, this might be fast enough:

https://isp.illinois.gov/TypesOfAppeals/LawEnforcement

Still need someone to conduct the forensic psych eval and write a favorable finding.  If it's been immediately after your release/discharge that might be difficult.

I think the court will just bump it back and say you need to go through the ISP because you didn't exhaust your options with them first.  

Definitely find a lawyer with a history handling these types of cases, imo especially if your Union lawyer is drawing a blank.  There's a user on here that handles both professional licensing matters and food/ccl appeals.  

I was told I could get impatient help for ptsd and not lose my job.

Was this part documented somewhere?  E-mail?  Text?  Something in writing?

If not, you were being set up to fail.   Document, document, document.

After 3 months of inpatient RRTP I returned to work and was informed that since my foid card was revoked I had ninety days to clear it up or I will be fired. 

Now you'd have a different issue - wrongful termination claim, which you need to see a lawyer about this.   They changed the standards on you. 

Edited by BobPistol

IDOC?  If so, I might be able to help.  There was a change in the statute recently, which allowed C/O's to keep their employment without a FOID if they were deemed to not be a threat to themselves or others.  I've got a DOC contact working on getting the statute for me. 

Edited by howie