So who are you going to vote for in the primary for Governor?

vito

These Irvin arguments are giving me terrifying flashbacks of the Alan Keyes fiasco, when JBT threw up her hands and gave the Family PACkers what they were screaming for.  How'd that turn out?  While I realize the Irvin argument goes both ways, he is, quite simply, a Democrat.  To back him simply because he is black and allegedly therefore has the best chance of beating the incumbent, corrupt slob isn't very logical to me.  Why not just convince Chris Welch to run as a Republican?  

Illinois voters are by and large low-information voters who will only jump ship when their personal income taxes get doubled ... then they go back to doubling down on the stupid.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:05 PM, 2A4Cook said:

These Irvin arguments are giving me terrifying flashbacks of the Alan Keyes fiasco,

I remember that.  IL-GOP was desperate.

They tried to do the right thing with Jack Ryan, Seven-of-Nine's husband.
Boy did that blow up.

The result?  US Senator from Illinois, Barack Obama

On 4/22/2022 at 10:16 AM, mikew said:

Boy did that blow up.

Obama was the recipient of a lot of "luck" in the Dem primary as well, if you recall.  There were about 7 candidates in the field, and Blair Hull was steadily leading the pack by a huge margin with 36%, well ahead of the second-polling candidate, Dan Hynes, and Obummer was near the bottom with a paltry 5% support.  Late in the cycle, allegations of spousal abuse magically leaked from Hull's sealed Cook County divorce case file, likely aimed at helping Hynes over the hump.  It backfired, and in a poorly-timed public rebellion against nepotism in government, Hull's voters went overwhelmingly for Obummer, who came out of nowhere to win the primary.  Obummer became U.S. Senator simply because of conveniently-leaked allegations of spousal abuse against his opponents in both the primary and general elections, and the entire country suffered because of it.  Yeaaaaa, Illinois!

On 4/22/2022 at 10:16 AM, mikew said:

Boy did that blow up.

I remember that well.  It was the Chicago Libune that sued to get Jack Ryan’s sealed divorce papers unsealed in order to smear him.

They then endorsed Obama for president of o ce but twice. 

Just another example of the Legacy Media manipulating the news rather than reporting it.

An Irvin as said Bailey was quoted as saying he voted for Biden. That totally eliminates him in my mind if true. The ad also said that Sullivan said he had voted for Obama, and supported citizenship for illegals. If true, that would eliminate him in my mind. Better Irvin, even if he is lukewarm as a 2A supporter. 

On 4/22/2022 at 4:08 PM, Tango7 said:

Anybody else getting a slew of unwanted text messages suddenly? 

image.png.9fdda8024da4c696ec4a7dc84f574ff2.pngimage.png.06cd12c80df5507ca68f610b0e7d7d4b.png

And I could find no info on "People Who Play By The Rules PAC" but they've bought a heck of a lot of time for ads on WIND and WLS. Found out "PWPBTR" is Dan Proft's (WIND host) PAC. He apparently favors Bailey.

Wasn't Proft the guy behind "JACK!" (Ryan)?

On 4/22/2022 at 4:58 PM, max503 said:

If he gets in there, I'm afraid that by being bbbbbbbb, he could get things done that we don't necessarily like.  

I don't like any of the candidates.  

If any of them truly said he voted for Biden and/or Obama, and/or supported citizenship for illegals, they are automatically disqualified from my vote, EVER!  I'm not thrilled about any of them, either.  

Fatboy has a ton of baggage (toilet seat caper he should've been charged for; involvement in trying to influence Blago for Obummer's Senate seat; profiteering off state contracts for Covid testing; banning high school sports, then sending his little princess off around the country with her horse for equestrian competitions; banning travel during Covid, then shuttling his family off to his Florida estate ... ahh, Florida, land of the free ... HYPOCRITE!!!), but more money than he has gas in his enormous gastric system.  With all his advertising and likely full MSM propagandist, unreported donations in kind, nobody will beat him in this state full of low information, Democrat voters.

On 4/22/2022 at 5:38 PM, vito said:

An Irvin as said Bailey was quoted as saying he voted for Biden. That totally eliminates him in my mind if true. The ad also said that Sullivan said he had voted for Obama, and supported citizenship for illegals. If true, that would eliminate him in my mind. Better Irvin, even if he is lukewarm as a 2A supporter. 

I look at all those as just more dirty chicago political garbage. 
What ever happened to Ronald Reagan’s 11 th commandment. 
This is just another example of why the Republicans cannot get a foothold in Illinois.  

On 4/22/2022 at 10:55 PM, soundguy said:

There are many opinions that can be quoted.

“Republicans long for the days of Reagan. And well they should, for he was the party’s last hero, their last real vote-getter. But they’re not going to see another Reagan until they revive their Eleventh Commandment and stop beating up on one another. Until then, the Republican Party will look less like Reagan’s GOP than like the Democrats of Will Rogers’ day.”

988F0ECC-1C4C-49AA-9FC5-6F374D0DAA45.jpeg

On 4/23/2022 at 8:04 AM, Lou said:

There are many opinions that can be quoted.

“Republicans long for the days of Reagan. And well they should, for he was the party’s last hero, their last real vote-getter. But they’re not going to see another Reagan until they revive their Eleventh Commandment and stop beating up on one another. Until then, the Republican Party will look less like Reagan’s GOP than like the Democrats of Will Rogers’ day.”

988F0ECC-1C4C-49AA-9FC5-6F374D0DAA45.jpeg

And yet, he did bash Republicans he was running against.

The thought was nice, but he was not true to it.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, soundguy said:

And yet, he did bash Republicans he was running against.

The thought was nice, but he was not true to it.

OMG I’m shocked, shocked I tell you!  

A politician would never tell a lie (if you like your health care plan …) or change what he has repeatedly said ( I cannot give special treatment to Dreamers…) to curry favor?  No politician would ever lie to get re-elected or to pass legislation (your health care premiums will go down $2500)not even a progressive.  

Say it isn’t true :frantics:  

On 4/22/2022 at 4:08 PM, Tango7 said:

Anybody else getting a slew of unwanted text messages suddenly? 

image.png.9fdda8024da4c696ec4a7dc84f574ff2.pngimage.png.06cd12c80df5507ca68f610b0e7d7d4b.png

And I could find no info on "People Who Play By The Rules PAC" but they've bought a heck of a lot of time for ads on WIND and WLS. Found out "PWPBTR" is Dan Proft's (WIND host) PAC. He apparently favors Bailey.

Not text messages but fliers in the mail, sometimes 2-3 a week.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:13 PM, illinois_buckeye said:

Was talking to my wife tonight and she’s saying people are saying that supposedly Irvin is a registered democrat.  Did a quick search and saw this site.

https://democratirvin.com/

Definitely planning to vote for Bailey.  Jesse Sullivan seems to make a good case but don’t know much about him.

To have a dem run and win on the Republican gubernatorial ticket is nothing new.

Illinois will never have a true Republican candidate voted into office, only a lesser of 3 evils, until fair district maps can be drawn. Not going to happen without a court order so it's likely to never happen. Yet, we'll continue to listen to Democrat politicians and lobby groups nationwide complain about Republican gerrymandering, including those from IL. Hypocrites I tell ya.

IMO, the Governors office means nothing, and hasn't for some time, with Democrats holding veto proof majorities in both chambers. Until that changes the best we get is a Rauner typed candidate. While Bailey may be 2A friendly, that doesn't do much good if the Democrats toe the line and pass new gun laws with vetoproof majorities.

I'd liken him to a Phelps in comparison, steadfast 2A supporter, but would go the opposite ways for other issues.

I'll likely sit the Primaries out and vote in the general for whoever made the ballot then complain about who the NE and SW corners of the state put into office. We don't have elections in Illinois, we have placements. Quinn was forced out and replaced with Rauner by Madigan, not the people. He therefore became the scapegoat for Pritzker to be placed into office. Nothing will ever change my mind on that.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:24 PM, cls74 said:

Illinois will never have a true Republican candidate voted into office, only a lesser of 3 evils, until fair district maps can be drawn. Not going to happen without a court order so it's likely to never happen. Yet, we'll continue to listen to Democrat politicians and lobby groups nationwide complain about Republican gerrymandering, including those from IL. Hypocrites I tell ya.

IMO, the Governors office means nothing, and hasn't for some time, with Democrats holding veto proof majorities in both chambers. Until that changes the best we get is a Rauner typed candidate. While Bailey may be 2A friendly, that doesn't do much good if the Democrats toe the line and pass new gun laws with vetoproof majorities.

I'd liken him to a Phelps in comparison, steadfast 2A supporter, but would go the opposite ways for other issues.

I'll likely sit the Primaries out and vote in the general for whoever made the ballot then complain about who the NE and SW corners of the state put into office. We don't have elections in Illinois, we have placements. Quinn was forced out and replaced with Rauner by Madigan, not the people. He therefore became the scapegoat for Pritzker to be placed into office. Nothing will ever change my mind on that.

MJM had virtual dictatorial power over the state for a long time, the MSM knew it very well, yet chose to blame Rauner for the state not having a budget; what a joke that was.  The current corrupt slob who took his place is a tool of the radical left, and Welch getting the Speaker position is no help in that regard.  Illinois is California with crappy weather, or New Jersey without a coastline.  In 10-20 years, if trends continue, the Bolshevik Dems will flood every state with illegals, give them the franchise, and turn the entire country into California.  At that point, they may as well dispense with the fiction of states and rename the country the Bolshevik State of California.

Or you could see the opposite.  For example have you heard of this coalition of governors?

https://ussanews.com/2022/04/21/states-launch-border-strike-force-to-challenge-biden-on-lack-of-enforcement/

There should be multiple things about it.  So it sounds like governors in republican states are basically pooling resources to try to deal with the border.  Essentially, you could effectively end up with North vs South again.  

On 5/2/2022 at 7:58 AM, Odinson said:

Gov Pritzker's yard signs came out this weekend. Yellow and blue - he's a shoe in for the Ukrainian vote.

I'm sure that he will be sending ballots overseas to make sure he captures all potential voters. 😁

Archived