So who are you going to vote for in the primary for Governor?

vito

On 4/15/2022 at 8:45 AM, vito said:

I am not overly enthusiatic about any of the Republican candidates, but if I had to vote today it would be for Richard Irvin. What about you?

I don't know if he's a RINO... but his tough on crime boast is opportunistic?

“In my first year in office, Aurora homicides went down by 40%. While crime is exploding under anti-police politicians, I have suppressed crime in Aurora. Send me to Springfield and I’ll do the same thing across all Illinois.”

If Aurora murders decreased by 40% in his first year as Mayor, they increased by 200% in his second year. With such low numbers, neither claim is valid.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:10 AM, 2A4Cook said:

Not for that RINO, sorry.

He maybe a RINO but he's the only one that has a chance in heck to beat JB because he's bbbbbbbbb......, anyone is better than JB (or how could they possibly be worse) 

Anyone that thinks some white guy is going to pull the necessary votes out of Chicago and Aurora needs to wake up and smell the real world illinois. 

On 4/15/2022 at 12:34 PM, SiliconSorcerer said:

He maybe a RINO but he's the only one that has a chance in heck to beat JB because he's bbbbbbbbb......, anyone is better than JB (or how could they possibly be worse) 

Anyone that thinks some white guy is going to pull the necessary votes out of Chicago and Aurora needs to wake up and smell the real world illinois. 

Exactly.

I'm quite sure he's a dem, but he's less of a dem than BJ.  

I vote gun rights, and Senator Bailey has always stood with us on that.

In recent examples, before Mr. Irvin applauded the ISRA's FOID Modernization, private sale registration/ammo background checks mess becoming law, Senator Bailey voted against it.

When Irvin's running mate Representative Bourne voted for the Willis child indoctrination bill, Senator Bailey voted against it.

In my view, Bailey has been a reliable defender of our rights. He has my vote.

Darren Bailey is as close to an "American First Republican" in the field....and is a farmer.  This is a farmer state.

Who else stood up to JB's unconstitutional emergency mask requirement?

Everyone who backstabbed Rauner's state shutdown showdown for the balls to stand up to the Madigan's is a RINO... and no we will not vote for a RINO, (Republican IN NAME ONLY)

It's time for us to have our usual election-time argument here -- about who could best represent our values versus who might actually have a chance to win.

For the best chance to get rid of Pritzger, I'd vote for Irvin. Even though he may be less than ideal in many ways, he has the best chance of even modestly disrupting the Democratic power hold in Illinois.

On 4/17/2022 at 6:35 AM, richp said:

It's time for us to have our usual election-time argument here -- about who could best represent our values versus who might actually have a chance to win.

For the best chance to get rid of Pritzger, I'd vote for Irvin. Even though he may be less than ideal in many ways, he has the best chance of even modestly disrupting the Democratic power hold in Illinois.

It is a real shame that money has become such a big issue in politics   
JB bought the governors job with his billions of inherited dollars.

Irvin seems to have the best chance of beating him only because he is being backed by a guy that has even more billions of dollars than Pritzker. 

Accepting reality is necessary if any progress is ever to be made. In a state where a Pritzker and a Duckworth can be elected, electability is critical and I agree that Irvin as a Black man with money behind him is the best bet to beat the fat boy. 

Archived