Emergency Call to Action - Witness Slips Needed Immediately!

mauserme

On 4/9/2022 at 9:35 AM, mauserme said:

In the spirit of giving credit where it's due, ISRA was working House and Senate members against this bill.  

Fair enough, and I did see their people filling out witness slips. Not like anything was going to stop it. Democrats are tyrants and just want to make more normal people into criminals 

On 4/9/2022 at 11:32 AM, mauserme said:

To clarify my statement, though, a single bill does not alleviate my personal lack of trust for their lobbying team.  That mistrust was earned over more than a decade of questionable, sometimes full fledged antigun activity, going back to pre-lobbyist days in one individual's case.  

Based on the emails I got from them, the 3 bills essential to 2A rights in Spring session were:

• "ghost" guns - need to defeat
  • deer hunting with rifles - need to pass
  • veterans getting easier access to hunting licenses - need to pass

Oh, well.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:02 PM, steveTA84 said:

Gotta love how out of state activists file witness slips....

03F21D68-2090-4827-8D28-CFE4173D1696.thumb.jpeg.08f64cfbdfb5e312f5213154d768f4ac.jpeg3C3FFE55-61C9-4B60-9D0C-2D9AB54BC937.jpeg.8c9fb3ccecb94672c08b9a7d8f67d841.jpeg

I missed this one, but there is a Large corporation, in IL that now have their name on the proponent witness slips. 
I wonder how a nation wide company would feel about a subsidiary having their name out there. 

On 4/9/2022 at 10:32 AM, mauserme said:

To clarify my statement, though, a single bill does not alleviate my personal lack of trust for their lobbying team.  That mistrust was earned over more than a decade of questionable, sometimes full fledged antigun activity, going back to pre-lobbyist days in one individual's case.  

My distrust is only 2 years old. It’s based on the hyperbole of the leader and the machinations of their lobbyists. Empty rhetoric, slow reactions, and royal assumptions that only they can speak for gun owners. 

Considering Joe Friedbrain'ss announcement yesterday, this part is ominous "

For models of firearms in which
11   multiple parts provide such housing or structure, the part or
12   parts that the Director of the federal Bureau of Alcohol,
13   Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has determined are a frame or
14   receiver constitute the frame or receiver."

On 4/12/2022 at 4:01 PM, cybermgk said:

Npt signed yet.  But as written, technically it would outlaw Sig P320s and P365s and just about any AR15 even if bought assembled.

On 4/13/2022 at 1:45 PM, mab22 said:

Why would they be outlawed?

For SIG P320 and P365, the grip module is not serialized. For AR-15, the upper receiver is not serialized.

From: The Truth About Guns    By John Boch   Date April 9, 2022

This bill appears to be a hugely damaging one to every Illinois AR owner.  Worth a read, it's not good. This could be a huge hit for us, huge.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/illinois-ghost-gun-ban-bill-passed-in-dead-of-night-appears-to-ban-the-sig-p320-and-p365-unserialized-ar-uppers/

Sorry I missed the slips, I wasn't around.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:51 PM, JDW said:

From: The Truth About Guns    By John Boch   Date April 9, 2022

This bill appears to be a hugely damaging one to every Illinois AR owner.  Worth a read, it's not good. This could be a huge hit for us, huge.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/illinois-ghost-gun-ban-bill-passed-in-dead-of-night-appears-to-ban-the-sig-p320-and-p365-unserialized-ar-uppers/

Sorry I missed the slips, I wasn't around.

The definition of a receiver in the Illinois bill follows the way ATF defines it.  Currently that's only the lower on an AR.  I don't see that being changed in the new federal regulations.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:29 PM, mauserme said:

The definition of a receiver in the Illinois bill follows the way ATF defines it.  Currently that's only the lower on an AR.  I don't see that being changed in the new federal regulations.

Mauserme, Thanks, i sure hope you're right. We both know you've forgotten more about this stuff than I'll ever know, so I feel much better right now. Hope you're doing well my friend.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:29 PM, mauserme said:

Without the lower portion I don’t think you can “initiate”, complete, or continue a firing sequence without a lower could you?

What in the world??  This hasn't been signed into law yet, not effective yet.  We know it's coming but this type of fearmongering is just wrong.

edited to add -

180 days after effective date:

section b -

Penalty for knowingly sell, offer to sell, or transfer an unserialized unfinished frame or

receiver or unserialized firearm (b) is guilty of a Class 4 felony for a first violation and is guilty of a Class 2 felony for a second or subsequent violation.

Penalty for possession:

(1) A person who violates subsection (c) or (d) is

guilty of a Class A misdemeanor for a first violation and

is guilty of a Class 3 felony for a second or subsequent

violation.

On 4/15/2022 at 10:02 AM, Molly B. said:

section b -

Penalty for knowingly sell, offer to sell, or transfer an unserialized unfinished frame or

receiver or unserialized firearm (b) is guilty of a Class 4 felony for a first violation and is guilty of a Class 2 felony for a second or subsequent violation.

You can't legally do that now. 

Archived