NO More CCL Card???

mrmagloo

So, I moved recently, and like a good little soldier, I went online and did the COA for my FOID and CCL.  Kind of irritating the $80 fee they want, but I guess what do you do?

So, on the 23rd, I receive the new FOID.  On the 24th I receive another FOID?  Both across the top banner say STATE OF ILLINOIS - FIREARM OWNER'S ID CARD.  I chalk it up to a mix up of some sort. It then says in small print the FOID number, an AL number, and then a CCL indicator. The only single different between both cards is the AL number is slightly off, but otherwise identical.

So, I'm waiting for the CCL and yesterday I finally login and it says the FOID was issued on 3/15 and the CCL on 3/16.  WTH?  So I shoot them an email and tell them they made a mistake and sent 2 FOIDs.  They say the second FOID card is my CCL.  That they combined the cards and that tiny little CCL on the FOID is your card.

For the kind of money these Bozo's are charging, we can't even get an official CCL CARD that clearly has a banner that reads CONCEALED CARRY LICENCE anymore?  WTH is with that?  I mean what other state is going to recognize that?  Ridiculous.  Imho, if you get approved for a CCL, and they want to combine them, you should get a CONCEALED CARRY LICENCE with the FOID in the fine print as an afterthought.

This is total BS!

On 3/30/2022 at 9:24 AM, mrmagloo said:

So, I moved recently, and like a good little soldier, I went online and did the COA for my FOID and CCL.  Kind of irritating the $80 fee they want, but I guess what do you do?

So, on the 23rd, I receive the new FOID.  On the 24th I receive another FOID?  Both across the top banner say STATE OF ILLINOIS - FIREARM OWNER'S ID CARD.  I chalk it up to a mix up of some sort. It then says in small print the FOID number, an AL number, and then a CCL indicator. The only single different between both cards is the AL number is slightly off, but otherwise identical.

So, I'm waiting for the CCL and yesterday I finally login and it says the FOID was issued on 3/15 and the CCL on 3/16.  WTH?  So I shoot them an email and tell them they made a mistake and sent 2 FOIDs.  They say the second FOID card is my CCL.  That they combined the cards and that tiny little CCL on the FOID is your card.

For the kind of money these Bozo's are charging, we can't even get an official CCL CARD that clearly has a banner that reads CONCEALED CARRY LICENCE anymore?  WTH is with that?  I mean what other state is going to recognize that?  Ridiculous.  Imho, if you get approved for a CCL, and they want to combine them, you should get a CONCEALED CARRY LICENCE with the FOID in the fine print as an afterthought.

This is total BS!

You are so correct. Indicator: CCL. I agree with you: "...what other state is going to recognize that?" Pathetic execution by the powers that be of the so-called combining of the two cards.

Two years ago when I moved from Illinois to The Great State of Indiana I also have a Florida CCW.  I went to the Florida web site and changed it no charge and was informed the state would check for any other apps and change them also.  Florida does not issue a new card because your address is not listed on the card.   Jim.

On 1/1/2022 a new law went into effect that allows the consolidation of the FOID and CCL. In certain instances the Illinois State Police (ISP) CAN unilaterally combine and update the cards if the FOID expires before the CCL. Attached is a high level document on how the "consolidated" card is processed. Also notated are some processing issues that have been identified by users of this forum.

FOID-CCL_Combined-2022-04-01.pdf

I think it's clear how they are doing it.  The point is, if the CCL is essentially a significant upgrade to the FOID, then the issued card should read "Concealed Carry License" on the banner to clearly identify the distinction to all parties, including those out of state.  I have no problem with the consolidation, but with that logic, anyone with a CCL automatically must have a FOID, so the FOID should be presumed, not the other way around.  Imho, these arsehats did this on purpose to make the CCL less noticeable and prominent so that we would be more prone to hassles in those regions unfamiliar with Illinois legislative manipulation.

This is total BS!

"It then says in small print the FOID number, an AL number, and then a CCL indicator."

Your FOID card has a CCL endorsement. The cards are combined if you have A CCL. It is recognized by other states who recognized Illinois CCL, just as they will recognize endorsements on your driver's license. They are both legal documents issued by the state of Illinois. 

https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/102/PDF/102-0237.pdf

On 4/1/2022 at 12:57 PM, mrmagloo said:

I think it's clear how they are doing it.  The point is, if the CCL is essentially a significant upgrade to the FOID, then the issued card should read "Concealed Carry License" on the banner to clearly identify the distinction to all parties, including those out of state.  I have no problem with the consolidation, but with that logic, anyone with a CCL automatically must have a FOID, so the FOID should be presumed, not the other way around.  Imho, these arsehats did this on purpose to make the CCL less noticeable and prominent so that we would be more prone to hassles in those regions unfamiliar with Illinois legislative manipulation.

There is nothing presumed. They are not going to issue a card that has a bold heading CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT and then have a small line later down saying, "Not authorized to carry a concealed firearm". Any LEO, in or out of state, is going to thoroughly examine you card and see the CCL endorsement. If not, you can point it out. They also have access to the ISP to verify your status. At least the Illinois LEOs. 

• 2 months later...

Archived