IGOLD

Black Flag

On 3/26/2022 at 11:49 AM, soundguy said:

ISRA recruitment ad or not, it is an event worthy of our time and full participation. 

What would we do there?  What time do you think it starts?  Will anything be open for food? Are there any buses going there, by anyone or any group?  The page could be way more informative.

Not very many details in the ISRA Thursday bulletin, but here's what there is:

IGOLD will be held on April 6 this year.  It is only days away.  The General Assembly will adjourn on April 8.  Many of the bills we are watching have been extended until April 8.  They could be extended further which would surprise no one who has been around the Illinois General Assembly for any length of time.
This will be our last chance to put the faces of law-abiding gun owners in Springfield before the General Assembly adjourns and before the Illinois Primary Election on June 28.  I hope to see you April 6.

If you are in the Elburn or Joliet area and are looking for a ride to IGOLD, the St Charles Sportsman’s Club has seats available on their bus.  The bus will leave on Wednesday, April 6, at 7am from the SCSC location in Elburn and stop in Joliet to pick up riders at approximately 8am.  They will go directly to the Bank of Springfield Convention Center.  The cost is $40.  If you are interested, please email your phone number to Treasurer@scsportsmans.org

From an email some may have received today.

5bd94d9e-bf69-422b-9ac8-46ff02be84f4.gif.d3644aa0f9c1b3baec5320cb6df906e2.gif

ISRA IGOLD Alert - April 6th, 2022

Welcome to IGOLD – Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day 2022
Bank of Springfield Center, Springfield, IL

10:15: Doors Open

11:45 am Legislative Briefing:
  Packet includes a directory of legislator offices and phone numbers. Due to COVID restrictions organized groups can not enter the Capitol.

12:00 pm:  Speakers

1:00 – 1:15 pm – Prepare for the March to the Capitol – The women are urged to take the lead at the head of the march!  A bus is available at the north side of Washington St exit for those unable to walk.

Rally on the Lincoln Steps after march.

Do Not Return to the Bank of Springfield Center.
Bus pickup will be on the North side of the Capitol on Monroe St.

Looking forward to seeing you there!!  Questions? Contact the office at member@isra.org or 815-635-3198

On 4/5/2022 at 5:11 PM, Black Flag said:

From an email some may have received today.

I noticed that the announcement said that the bus "back" has a pickup. It implies that the bus to Springfield drops off at the Bank of Springfield, since the announcement says not to return to the Bank of Springfield. Presumably it means the St. Charles bus, but it doesn't actually say.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:21 PM, mauserme said:

They used to have a helper from outside the organization that made things run very smoothly and successfully.  Things have gone downhill in the past few years.

From what I can tell it's Laura, Laura, Laura and then there's always Laura that I have ever interacted with.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:21 PM, mauserme said:

They used to have a helper from outside the organization that made things run very smoothly and successfully.  Things have gone downhill in the past few years.

How true that is. That person was a big measure of the success of past IGOLDs. 

For those who are ISRA critics, consider that the ISRA is sure an easy target,

and people are always threatening to join if the ISRA gets rid of the FOID card, does this, or does that.
If you are not a member you can still criticize, but I'm a life member and the ISRA has lots of my money and volunteer hours.

For those who are ISRA members, keep in mind that YOU are paying for all this nonsense, be it good or bad!

I don't like how my money is being spent.

ISRA members are paying for the staff that answer the phones, including the rude ones.

Paying for executives, staff and contractors that keep the website stale, with no swag, no on-line purchasing.

Paying for boring campaigns that want to you to STILL write down your credit card number for payment.  
(Including a lack of POS payment options in the field, 20 years after everyone else has one.)
Paying for executives and staff that lack the creativity or energy to do anything with IGOLD during the pandemic,

or to even post an agenda for the IGOLD they would finally have after three years.

You are paying for the lobbyists that make a deal on a bill they told you they were "neutral" on, then ran around the capitol selling that bill.

Paying for the lobbyists that send email alerts that insult your intelligence, like telling you that supporting a bill for hunting with straight-walled ammo

is somehow going to save the Second Amendment.

ISRA members paid for people with no foresight who just let IGOLD happen,

instead of using the opportunity to gin up something special, in spite of the pandemic restrictions.
Instead it seemed like the real emphasis went into designing a direct mail piece to sell you the IGOLD memorial pin.

Is this dismal IGOLD enough of a mess to get a regime change?

On 4/7/2022 at 6:24 AM, Black Flag said:

For those who are ISRA critics, consider that the ISRA is sure an easy target,

and people are always threatening to join if the ISRA gets rid of the FOID card, does this, or does that.
If you are not a member you can still criticize, but I'm a life member and the ISRA has lots of my money and volunteer hours.

For those who are ISRA members, keep in mind that YOU are paying for all this nonsense, be it good or bad!

I don't like how my money is being spent.

ISRA members are paying for the staff that answer the phones, including the rude ones.

Paying for executives, staff and contractors that keep the website stale, with no swag, no on-line purchasing.

Paying for boring campaigns that want to you to STILL write down your credit card number for payment.  
(Including a lack of POS payment options in the field, 20 years after everyone else has one.)
Paying for executives and staff that lack the creativity or energy to do anything with IGOLD during the pandemic,

or to even post an agenda for the IGOLD they would finally have after three years.

You are paying for the lobbyists that make a deal on a bill they told you they were "neutral" on, then ran around the capitol selling that bill.

Paying for the lobbyists that send email alerts that insult your intelligence, like telling you that supporting a bill for hunting with straight-walled ammo

is somehow going to save the Second Amendment.

ISRA members paid for people with no foresight who just let IGOLD happen,

instead of using the opportunity to gin up something special, in spite of the pandemic restrictions.
Instead it seemed like the real emphasis went into designing a direct mail piece to sell you the IGOLD memorial pin.

Is this dismal IGOLD enough of a mess to get a regime change?

I agree with much of what you have said. They did talk about a lot of things that they are working on to hopefully build the Isra up.  A new website is in the works. They are going to be starting to work on strengthening and building relationships with other gun rights groups. They talked a good game but we’ll see what happens.  

On 4/7/2022 at 7:19 AM, Double P said:

I agree with much of what you have said. They did talk about a lot of things that they are working on to hopefully build the Isra up.  A new website is in the works. They are going to be starting to work on strengthening and building relationships with other gun rights groups. They talked a good game but we’ll see what happens.  

Some of that demands they understand their claim as a pro-gun group requires them to always protect and defend our rights, rather than looking for ways to accomplish ISP's goals.  I don't think their current lobbying team is capable of understanding that.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:19 AM, Double P said:

A new website is in the works. 

That new website has been "in the works" for over a year.
The office uses it as an excuse for not doing anything with the old one they were already sold.

IGOLD was the ISRA's premier opportunity to get in the public eye every year, to motivate ISRA members and gun owners from other organizations every year.
A premier opportunity, wasted.

When I originally joined ISRA was partially because I wanted in on the monthly gun raffle.  I waited over 4 months to get my ticket after signing up.  Once I did get it I logged onto their facebook page looking to see previous winning ticket numbers.  Couldn't find a thing.  Tried emailing them once, twice, again and again.  Still have yet to receive any reply after attempting a few different options.  Renewal came around and I put it with the ticket in the recycling bin.

Archived