Weird sign at Meijer stores

Retiredguns

lololol no. Feel free it ignore that. The law specifies the formatting of the signage required to be valid. One could argue that they'd ask you to leave and if not you'd be trespassing but until then there's nothing you need to worry about WRT that sign. 

I always wonder if someone got told to put up a no guns sign and grabbed the first one they could find on the internet or if they don't know that different states have different requirements for signage or if they do know and don't care or are counting on nobody else knowing, caring, and/or just following the sign's implicit direction.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, 2A4Cook said:

Time to shop elsewhere, perhaps.  Their online shopping sucks, anyway, as 90% of what they claim is in stock when you order it turns out to NOT be in stock in reality, and they will sub, for example, frog scrote flavor in place of chocolate.  

Running out of places to shop at...

On 3/24/2022 at 8:56 AM, Retiredguns said:

Thanks for the replies. We rarely shop there and I would ignore this sign. The Wife has to occasionally work there and noticed the new signs.  I told her to ask the manager what those funny blue Smurf gun signs mean. She has good rapport with them so it should be interesting.

Don't ask questions you don't really want answers to. 

Why shop somewhere else?

Why would they lose customers?

We all agree it’s not valid, yes?

And we all carry concealed, yes?

And I don’t know about you guys but I don’t announce that I’m carrying at all anywhere!

So unless by chance, about 0.00000000000000001%, you get spotted then you only leave if asked.

im with the comment about running out of places to shop. What if everywhere was to post valid or not on April first 2022?

would everyone just stop shopping? No, makes no sense. We are several years into this and we should be better informed by now. But it always sounds like it did in the beginning.

we should be beyond this by now, I am.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:24 PM, Bubbacs said:

Why shop somewhere else?

Why would they lose customers?

We all agree it’s not valid, yes?

And we all carry concealed, yes?

And I don’t know about you guys but I don’t announce that I’m carrying at all anywhere!

So unless by chance, about 0.00000000000000001%, you get spotted then you only leave if asked.

im with the comment about running out of places to shop. What if everywhere was to post valid or not on April first 2022?

would everyone just stop shopping? No, makes no sense. We are several years into this and we should be better informed by now. But it always sounds like it did in the beginning.

we should be beyond this by now, I am.

So, you admit to being a Smurfist, do you?

I personally think threads like this that mention a specific store, or chain -- and point out the deficiencies in their signage -- create a risk.

That risk would be of some anti who monitors this site bring motivated to go to whoever is in charge of the individual business or chain, and directing them toward revised signage that would be to our disadvantage.

Rich Phillips

On 3/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, richp said:

I personally think threads like this that mention a specific store, or chain -- and point out the deficiencies in their signage -- create a risk.

That risk would be of some anti who monitors this site bring motivated to go to whoever is in charge of the individual business or chain, and directing them toward revised signage that would be to our disadvantage.

Rich Phillips

I agree. 

On 3/26/2022 at 7:06 PM, richp said:

Rich Phillips

Telling Meijer specifically why their sign is incorrect and sending them a link to the right sign would be a bad idea.  But letting fellow gun owners know where our business is not desired is a service to gun owners.    Meijer put the same sign up in all their stores across multiple states, and is likely too lazy to get Illinois-specific signs for Illinois.  But it is our duty to call (1-877-363-4537) or email (https://help.meijer.com/s/contact) Meijer and let them know we don't appreciate their new "we hate the 2nd amendment" stance.  I used to be a regular Meijer shopper, but not anymore after this.

On 3/26/2022 at 8:00 PM, Xwing said:

Telling Meijer specifically why their sign is incorrect and sending them a link to the right sign would be a bad idea.  But letting fellow gun owners know where our business is not desired is a service to gun owners.    Meijer put the same sign up in all their stores across multiple states, and is likely too lazy to get Illinois-specific signs for Illinois.  But it is our duty to call (1-877-363-4537) or email (https://help.meijer.com/s/contact) Meijer and let them know we don't appreciate their new "we hate the 2nd amendment" stance.  I used to be a regular Meijer shopper, but not anymore after this.

Maybe the blue sign means "No Illegally Carried Guns Allowed"  

If you have a valid CCL, you have nothing to worry about. 

Meijer is cool but maybe if they are against people exercising constitutional rights then they don’t deserve our patronage in the first place.  To be honest I’ve only ever been by a Meijer a handful of times.  For people who say you shouldn’t need a gun to go shopping, I saw this article recently.  Apparently in a busy Walmart in Miami a man tried to rape a woman.  Doing that is pretty brazen, but what if the store hadn’t been so busy?  You can say non lethal force, but it took 3 guys to apprehend him.  So who knows what that guy would have done if determined to accomplish what he was attempting or to get away.

Our Meijer store use to be packed when we moved here. Every time we went, they were busy. Over the last several years, for whatever reason, the store is like a ghost town. I haven't been there in a while, so I don't know if they've posted that blue gun sign. I have to go now, just to check it out. I always carried there, as there were no signs.

Archived