Time to renew Instructor Credentials

45b

Just a reminder to Instructors.

Time to renew my NRA Instructors credentials and also to update them with the Illinois State Police.

Be sure to email the updated credentials to ISP.Instructor.Docs@illinois.gov

They sent me back an email confirming that they had gotten them and updated the system.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I went to change my address and remembered this thread. I searched the site and, of course, found nothing.

So sent my credentials attached to a polite email suggesting adding an "update credentials" option, as the only items we have are change address/phone #, change user ID or business name or cancel certificate. 

I sent them to ISP.Instructor.Docs@illinois.gov, ISP.AskFOIDandCCL@illinois.gov, ISP.CCW.Illinois@illinois.gov, and CCW_Illinois@isp.state.il.us. 

So far CCW_Illinois@isp.state.il.us - bounced, even though I've received mail from them before.

Just got this:

This is an automatic email response to let you know that your email was delivered.  We have limited staff responding to emails, so please read below to find the answers to many commonly asked questions. <snip>

Will update if I hear anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, this thread is getting some age to it, but rather than start a new one, I'll continue to ask my question here.

I have renewed my instructor credentials, but of the 3 emails I received back from the NRA confirming this, there was nothing that I could/would send to the Il. state to prove my renewed certification.  Any help would be appreciated as to what to do next.  Other than a confirmation of my log in ID, this is all I received back.  I did get my wallet card showing my credentials, but that's all.

Dear NRA Instructors, Coaches and Range Safety Officers

Thank you for your order

On behalf of NRA Education and Training we hope that you enjoy your new premium ID Card.

Please carry it with pride knowing you are most often the first contact that individuals have with the NRA and are an integral part of the NRA Education and Training Team.

Please allow 4-6 weeks for your new card to arrive. As always if you have questions contact your Regional/State liaison or HQ directly at 703-267-1500 / training@nrahq.org.

Best of luck in your Training.

NRA Certified Instructors

NRA Education and Training is in the process of updating old lesson plans. This started with the creation of NRA CCW and now includes Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and RSO Lesson Plans. The new lesson plans are in the PowerPoint (PPT) format with the Lesson Plan embedded in the “notes” section.

Because of a recent E&T survey, the new lesson plans will be available in both printed format, via the Program Materials Center or for free download on NRAI. As a result, Pistol and Shotgun lesson plans that have not been available in hard-copy, will be in the very near future.

You may use your existing stock of old Lesson Plans. On depletion of current stock it is required to switch to the new format. New lesson plans will no longer contain a CD. The replacement for the CD, if you choose to purchase hard copies of the lesson plans, is the download function in your NRAI portal.

The use of the most current PowerPoint presentation in conjunction with the new lesson plans will ensure the most effective learning experience for the end user. We appreciate your patience as we continue to make NRA training better for you our most valuable customer, and your students.

Train hard and stay safe,

NRA Education and Training

Signed on 5/13/2022 6:00:45 PM

NRA instructors can get a digital copy of the card from their page on the nra instructor portal. It will include ratings and expiration date.

I have forgotten when I last set my updated card to the ISP. For two decades I have not had to pay but still had to renew ever two years. They finally put my expiration out to the far future so I no longer have to renew every two year. Not sure were that leaves me with the ISP.

• 1 month later...

Archived