Biden Calls for Ban on Assault Weapons and High Capacity Magazines in SOTU Speech

mauserme

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-ban-assault-weapons-high-capacity-magazines-sotu-speech

Biden calls for ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines in SOTU speech

Several called Biden out for 'lying' on guns

By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News

President Joe Biden renewed his call for the banning of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in his State of the Union address.

"I ask Congress to pass proven measures to reduce gun violence," Biden said during his first official State of the Union Address on Tuesday night. "Pass universal background checks. Why should anyone on a terrorist list be able to purchase a weapon? Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines."

"You think the deer are wearing a kevlar vest?" Biden said, going off the pre-released transcript of the speech. 

Biden added a call to "repeal the liability shield that makes gun manufacturers the only industry in America that can’t be sued."

Biden’s comments immediately received criticism from conservatives on social media who have often accused his administration of attempting to infringe on the Second Amendment.

I really hate being that guy because I try to respect the President of the United States of America, whoever that may be BUT I'm starting to think that people who are reaching octogenarian status need to be tested regularly to make sure they have all their faculties if they're holding public office. I genuinely believe President Biden doesn't have the mental fortitude to be President. I think he's just reading from a script that he was handed, more so than others who have held the office. If he is is actually mentally fit then he's either stupid or ignorant to think that anything he said holds water or the third most dangerous alternative is that he does know it's all bullsnot and that means he's not upholding his oath of office. Sadly I'm just a rando on the internet and nothing I say or do matters anyway. I'm gonna go back to looking for that deer in a kevlar vest. 

In his best Joe Biden whisper “the Ukrainians are taking their assault weapons and will defend their country” even those who don’t know how to use them will! It’s inspiring.

turns to next page

americans don't need large capacity magazines and assault style weapons. Those deer aren’t wearing Kevlar vests! I cal on Congress to ban these weapons now as there is no reason a civilian would ever need them!

Archived