Which of the candidates seeking the Republican nomination for Governor is the most supportive of gun rights?

vito

We all know that Pritzker is no friend of gun owners, but which of those vying for the Republican nomination are most supportive of our rights? The only ones that I have seen in campaign ads are Irvin and Sullivan but I assume that there are others hoping for the nomination. I admit I know little about either Irvin or Sullivan and nothing about where they stand on 2nd Amendment issues. 

To even have a vague hope of a chance, the candidate is going to need money -- tons of money -- to go up against Fatboy, his billions, and the Dems' organizations.  Even Rauner, after spending a fortune of his own money, picked the right time, as well, after Quinn had doubled the income tax.  This state is getting farther left by the freaking day.  Look at Dan Lipinski, losing his 3rd District seat to a leftist radical virtual unknown financed with BloomieBucks.  That district had been leaning right of center for decades.  Will County is shot, and DuPage isn't far off.  To top it all off, we have the first generation of fully-brainwashed public high school graduates voting.

I am hoping against all hope that "normal" people of this state are waking up to the Dems' goofy, destructive lockdowns and mask/vaccine mandates, all of which are magically disappearing with elections approaching.  Not to mention, of course, what they have done to us all on a national level with energy prices, inflation, rampant crime and an open southern border.  Most, sadly, are too ignorant or brainwashed to appreciate the potential of a candidate like Bailey.  heck, most of them bought into the Dems' and media's lies that we didn't have a state budget because of Rauner, rather than the Dem House presenting him with bloated, wasteful deficit budgets that they knew he couldn't sign, and intended that he wouldn't for political purposes.

Your question was who was the most supportive, answer provided.

As for Richard Irvin -
Pritzker chose Aurora as the location to sign HB 562 the FOID Modernization Act into law. Richard Irvin was there in support:
"I applaud the 102nd General Assembly for taking decisive and life-saving actions that will, among other things, strengthen enforcement and hopefully prevent unnecessary tragedies in the future,”said Aurora Mayor Richard C. Irvin."

https://kanecountyconnects.com/2021/08/pritzker-comes-to-aurora-to-sign-bill-that-expands-background-checks-to-all-gun-sales-in-illinois/

From Gary Rabine's website.  https://rabineforgovernor.com/

Gary Rabine is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, which is really your right to self-defense.  He will be a strong advocate for gun rights in Springfield, and will make sure that firearm education is continued throughout Illinois.

He will increase enforcement of existing gun laws to prevent criminals from getting guns and will work to punish the law breakers, not law-abiding citizens.

Former Governor Jim Edgar [pushed for semi-auto ban in 1994] states that [ it’s important that the Republicans [have] a candidate at the top of the ticket, who is not going to scare part of the state” where voters will say “no way we’re going to vote for that guy.” ]

Well, which part of the state is he talking about?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2022/2/19/22942056/illinois-governor-primary-election-jim-edgar-jb-pritzker-candidates-republican-gop

On 2/28/2022 at 8:38 AM, mikew said:

Former Governor Jim Edgar [pushed for semi-auto ban in 1994] states that [ it’s important that the Republicans [have] a candidate at the top of the ticket, who is not going to scare part of the state” where voters will say “no way we’re going to vote for that guy.” ]

Well, which part of the state is he talking about?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2022/2/19/22942056/illinois-governor-primary-election-jim-edgar-jb-pritzker-candidates-republican-gop

Good question. I wonder if this contains any clues?

Trump Counties 2020.jpg

On 2/26/2022 at 9:53 AM, 2A4Cook said:

To even have a vague hope of a chance, the candidate is going to need money -- tons of money -- to go up against Fatboy, his billions, and the Dems' organizations.  Even Rauner, after spending a fortune of his own money, picked the right time, as well, after Quinn had doubled the income tax.  This state is getting farther left by the freaking day.  Look at Dan Lipinski, losing his 3rd District seat to a leftist radical virtual unknown financed with BloomieBucks.  That district had been leaning right of center for decades.  Will County is shot, and DuPage isn't far off.  To top it all off, we have the first generation of fully-brainwashed public high school graduates voting.

I am hoping against all hope that "normal" people of this state are waking up to the Dems' goofy, destructive lockdowns and mask/vaccine mandates, all of which are magically disappearing with elections approaching.  Not to mention, of course, what they have done to us all on a national level with energy prices, inflation, rampant crime and an open southern border.  Most, sadly, are too ignorant or brainwashed to appreciate the potential of a candidate like Bailey.  heck, most of them bought into the Dems' and media's lies that we didn't have a state budget because of Rauner, rather than the Dem House presenting him with bloated, wasteful deficit budgets that they knew he couldn't sign, and intended that he wouldn't for political purposes.

We need to remind those first generation fully-brainwashed public high school graduates who and what has been lording over them all these years with crappy school lunches, that they threw out. Who was it and what freedoms were taken away at the whim of someone who wasn’t even elected but just along for the ride. What party that was and what party didn’t want you in school and we’re forced to wear an ineffective mask all day long. 
How do they feel about fellow students who can’t figure out what bathroom to use or if they should be on the boys or girls sports team. Who is pushing that nonsense?
Ask them for their input on all this, how do they feel about it. 

On 2/28/2022 at 3:07 PM, mab22 said:

We need to remind those first generation fully-brainwashed public high school graduates who and what has been lording over them all these years with crappy school lunches, that they threw out. Who was it and what freedoms were taken away at the whim of someone who wasn’t even elected but just along for the ride. What party that was and what party didn’t want you in school and we’re forced to wear an ineffective mask all day long. 
How do they feel about fellow students who can’t figure out what bathroom to use or if they should be on the boys or girls sports team. Who is pushing that nonsense?
Ask them for their input on all this, how do they feel about it. 

Don't forget all the kids who were robbed of their last season of HS sports, proms, school related travels...If the kids today can't see what decisions were made for them over the last couple years and by whom, kill the lights, the fat lady is singing.

On 3/1/2022 at 6:12 AM, Daffy said:

We really need to stop the infighting.

The deamonrats support each other, no republican should be attacking other republicans directly.

Are there any adds with the Democrat party attacking Pritzker?

For what its worth, that doesn't, in my opinion ,mean that there can't be an add sponsored by, hypothetically "citizens against Irvin".

On 3/1/2022 at 10:42 AM, soundguy said:

Self defining, I think.

Should have no ties to extremists of any party and a firm commitment to 2A rights.

A candidate squarely in the middle.

So you’ll only vote for a true independent?
Nobody with a D or R association as they are tied to party’s with extremists?

Doesn’t take long to mark your ballot does it?

On 3/1/2022 at 11:15 AM, Tip said:

So you’ll only vote for a true independent?
Nobody with a D or R association as they are tied to party’s with extremists?

Doesn’t take long to mark your ballot does it?

I answered the question honestly and clearly. Why do you feel the need to interpret my answer in a combative way?

I will vote for a candidate from any party who meets my expectations. Not all candidates are inexorably tied to a party's worst qualities. Often I choose the lesser of all evils. No one will meet my ideals 100%. Nor will anyone meet yours 100%. I stay in the middle and think for myself...

On 3/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, soundguy said:

I answered the question honestly and clearly. Why do you feel the need to interpret my answer in a combative way?

I will vote for a candidate from any party who meets my expectations. Not all candidates are inexorably tied to a party's worst qualities. Often I choose the lesser of all evils. No one will meet my ideals 100%. Nor will anyone meet yours 100%. I stay in the middle and think for myself...

Apologies, wasn’t trying to being combative, sorry you took it that way.
I was simply looking for clarification on your statement about “no ties to extremists of any party”.
Seems you are willing to accept centrist candidates with party ties to extremists on both sides, as am I. Party ties, unfortunately, tie them to those with extremist views.  
I’d much rather have far more independents not tied to the parties but we have to make due with what we are offered

let me see if I can explain this “in the middle centrist stuff”, it’s not my view but this is how it works. 

A D can say all R’s are extremists and no D is extremist, and that the D’s are bipartisan and reach across the isle to meet in the middle, and therefore any D is really a moderate.
An R on the other hand is a racist, sexist, apply all the phobias, and an extremist. 

Hope that clears things up. 

There's also the libertarian view where both parties are out to screw someone in the name of whatever they find virtuous. The kind of libertarians that hate most of government except the parts responsible for flush toilets, putting out fires and some sort of mutual defense -- full on libertarians hate those parts of government too.

We are just trying to bite from that part of the poo sandwich that's covered the thinnest.

Archived