Ukraine is Handing Out Guns, Not Gun Control

mauserme

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/24/hawkins-ukraine-handing-out-guns-not-gun-control/

Hawkins: Ukraine is Handing Out Guns, Not Gun Control

OBUKHIV, UKRAINE - FEBRUARY 06: Civilians participate in a beginners’ combat and survival training course run by instructors from the Ukraine Territorial Defence units at a school in a Obukhiv on February 06, 2022 in Kyiv, Ukraine. Across Ukraine, civilians are participating in such groups to receive basic combat, medical …

by AWR HAWKINS

24 Feb 2022

With a Russian invasion well underway it is important to note that the Ukrainian government is handing out guns rather than gun control.

The tacit meaning behind this action is simple: An armed citizenry can at least fight back and may, in some cases, even repel a land-based invader.

On Wednesday Breitbart News noted that the Ukrainian Parliament took up a bill allowing citizens to carry guns and passed it on its first reading.

Zelenky’s readiness to arm those who will stand and fight against Russia is a reminder that self-defense is key to gun ownership. To put it another way, gun ownership is key to self-preservation.

And humanity does not just possess a need for self-preservation but a right to preserve one’s life as well. This is why America’s Founding Fathers ensured that ‘the right to keep and bear arms” was/is protected by the Second Amendment.

The Second Amendment simultaneously protects the right to defend one’s life and the right to possess the tools necessary to defend it.

The need for self-defense and the defense of liberty is bearing down on Ukrainians and Zelensky is handing out guns rather than gun control.

On 2/25/2022 at 7:56 AM, davel501 said:

I wonder if they have enough for everyone or if they say "You follow him. When he falls you use his."

I like our system better, run what you brung.

A fully automatic ak 47 is about 3 seconds on a mag dump. Maybe the rifle and a couple full mags are free, with a coupon to the nearest ammo retailer while they are still open.

I'll take bets on what comes first- the United States government passing out free guns or forcibly collecting them.

On 2/26/2022 at 5:52 AM, GTX63 said:

A fully automatic ak 47 is about 3 seconds on a mag dump. Maybe the rifle and a couple full mags are free, with a coupon to the nearest ammo retailer while they are still open.

I'll take bets on what comes first- the United States government passing out free guns or forcibly collecting them.

There was a rumor that the US wanted to ship in a large amount of guns and ammo but the Taliban would not give them up🤪

On 2/28/2022 at 9:05 AM, Jeffrey said:

Is this all part of the "more flexibility in the next term" Obummer told Putin?  

I'm wondering for Ukraine's future in the rare event they come out the victors.  Will they adopt a more friendly 2A similar to us than they had previous to this? 

In order to "dissuade" any future aggression by Russia, they will need to be open to letting their citizenry keep those firearms.

It looks like they already had fairly liberal gun laws there. Their legislature just updated the laws to allow people to carry outside of their house. Previously you could only have guns at home. They already had AKs and ARs in their gun stores but I'm not sure if theirs had the fun switch or if they were all semi-auto like ours.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 8:54 AM, THE KING said:

So Ukraine has a Chicago also 😳 

On 3/4/2022 at 5:14 AM, fxdpntc said:

There’s an American expat in Kiev saying some of the folks that were issued brand new, out of the box Kalishnikovs, aren’t exactly using them for national defense.🤔😉

Do we have a link to any actual articles or is this just hearsay?

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 9:16 AM, fxdpntc said:

Maybe what he said is the truth of criminal element fighting amongst themselves.

However when he brought up rapes my BS flag was raised. I can see him knowing about shootouts and murders in the streets but the only way he'd hear about rapes would be from unsubstantiated gossip or in the news. Since he didn't didn't mention providing news articles for the rapes I'm going to go with unsubstantiated gossip.

Either way he comes across as a rabid anti private gun ownership person.

His threshold on calling a regime evil and/or insane is laughably low.

Also whens the last time you've read about murder or rapes in Ukraine caused by common criminals? NEVER!

The western MSM isn't hiding anything when they would never report on such events in the first place.

On 4/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, starwatcher said:

Maybe what he said is the truth of criminal element fighting amongst themselves.

However when he brought up rapes my BS flag was raised. I can see him knowing about shootouts and murders in the streets but the only way he'd hear about rapes would be from unsubstantiated gossip or in the news. Since he didn't didn't mention providing news articles for the rapes I'm going to go with unsubstantiated gossip.

Either way he comes across as a rabid anti private gun ownership person.

His threshold on calling a regime evil and/or insane is laughably low.

Also whens the last time you've read about murder or rapes in Ukraine caused by common criminals? NEVER!

The western MSM isn't hiding anything when they would never report on such events in the first place.

He actually looks a bit like Michael Moore, only skinnier,  maybe it’s a not as fat cousin? 

Archived