Can I sue the ISP?

If events unfold as the ISP plans, you'll get a new FOID without an expiration date printed on it soon. FOID and CCL expiration dates are supposed to be synchronized now.

I would presume that ISP sent you a letter because it was supposed to explain/notify you of that synchronization, but probably nobody is QAing the contents of the letters that go out, so the result is somewhat deranged rather than enlightening.

I suggest checking the expiration date online.

On 2/22/2022 at 9:20 PM, stevem4134 said:

I got a similar letter as well. My FOID card expires on 5/1/2022.  i checked my account on ISP FOID website and it showed my FOID had a new expiration date of 4/1/2024 with no option to renew. The new FOID card expiration date is now the expiration date of my CCL. 

Any one know if they will send me a new FOID CARD?

I read that ISP intends to get the new style into everyone's hands by the end of the year. I doubt it'll be in a rush to replace cards which don't expire this year. Since your printed expiration date is May 1, I'd expect you'll get a new one by then.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, Euler said:

If events unfold as the ISP plans, you'll get a new FOID without an expiration date printed on it soon. FOID and CCL expiration dates are supposed to be synchronized now.

I would presume that ISP sent you a letter because it was supposed to explain/notify you of that synchronization, but probably nobody is QAing the contents of the letters that go out, so the result is somewhat deranged rather than enlightening.

I suggest checking the expiration date online.

Expiration date on ISP website for both FOID and CCL is the 2025 date. Hope I get the new card before May, cuz if i don’t and for some reason I can’t buy a new gun/ammo due to not having the new combined card in hand......

On 2/22/2022 at 8:56 PM, Molly B. said:

Looks like they extended your FOID expiration to match your CCL expiration in accordance with 1-1-22 effective date of new law.  I'm guessing you might receive the new combo card in May/June.

That is the case. Still, hopefully they send me the combo card before my FOID expires, cuz otherwise.....

70C9DFA5-AF4A-47A8-B2F8-A2206CE5D758.thumb.jpeg.9108989bba7045066013b5fdd1be3c10.jpeg

On 2/22/2022 at 9:45 PM, steveTA84 said:

Expiration date on ISP website for both FOID and CCL is the 2025 date. Hope I get the new card before May, cuz if i don’t and for some reason I can’t buy a new gun/ammo due to not having the new combined card in hand......

FFLs are supposed to check FOID validity using FTIP, so buying a firearm shouldn't be a hassle. Individual transfers using the current web tool should be okay, too. Ammo could be a problem, but I think ammo is going to be a problem with the new cards, anyway.

On 2/22/2022 at 9:36 PM, Euler said:

FFLs are supposed to check FOID validity using FTIP, so buying a firearm shouldn't be a hassle. Individual transfers using the current web tool should be okay, too. Ammo could be a problem, but I think ammo is going to be a problem with the new cards, anyway.

Ammo could be annoying.  Especially online.  But maybe they’ll just charge an extra fee.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived