Why Is It Taking So Long for Illinois Resident's Too Receive Their Illinois Concealed License?

Blove

No problem.  I was getting very frustrated myself, so one morning while at work, I’m fortunate enough to have an office job, I called in, got on hold and put my phone on speaker phone at low volume until the phone finally rang 1.5 hours later.  It sounded like when the cards were issued they just never got printed for whatever reason, so I don’t know if someone was just marking them as issued so they didn’t get in trouble but I’ll just be glad to finally get my card.

What’s interesting is my foid updated to have an expiration of 2/24/2032, but my ccl will still have an expiration of 1/18/22 despite the new print date.

The answer is simple.

Illinois collects a ton of money for the fees, so they could afford to pay for sufficient staff, equipment and materials to verify qualifications, and ship the cards quickly upon qualification.

But they funnel most of that money to cronies.   Hence, they have no money to actually do what they're supposed to do.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:33 AM, BobPistol said:

The answer is simple.

Illinois collects a ton of money for the fees, so they could afford to pay for sufficient staff, equipment and materials to verify qualifications, and ship the cards quickly upon qualification.

But they funnel most of that money to cronies.   Hence, they have no money to actually do what they're supposed to do.

^^^that

On 2/25/2022 at 7:41 AM, illinois_buckeye said:

Just checked my portal and my print date says 2/24 as well.  So maybe they just printed the entire batch.

I received some more information from the ISP today as to the cards and what appears to be the card printing issue. (A discussion at the ISP Lockport "kiosk") First of all, she noted that ISP has two card printers in Springfield and that the ISP does the printing and stuffing of the envelopes. Right now that area is pretty much swamped. Not only is there the normal new and renewal activity going on, but the ISP is also starting to issue the new card formats. In addition to the increased volume, some of the cards that have already been issued were issued with either incorrect indicator "code" or incorrect printing on the card in relationship to the carrying of concealed weapons. (I did ask about what I read on a post as to the 1/18/2022 "batch" not getting printed, and she stated that she did not have direct knowledge of the issue, but would not dismiss that as being a valid issue.)

So what does this mean? Right now one might expect a card to be delivered within 30 to 45 days after the "Printed" date as shown on the website. The "analyst" also noted that the "Printed" date on the website is the date that the "file" is sent to the printer queue. Once in the queue the files are then batched and sent to be printed. Because of the additional processing Printing cover letters, stuffing envelopes and adding postage), as well as some potential delays with the USPS, this is why the ISP is suggesting individual wait 30-45 days after the "Printed" date before taking additional actions.

And, no, I do not work for the ISP. I am effected by this issue. I just wanted to convey some information as I have been working my way through the "cogs" of the ISP. Having a fair amount of experience in technology, IMHO, the passage of HB0562, the delay in the signing of the bill, the number or ISP resources available, and the timing of publishing the rules for the bill (among other factors) have created a "perfect storm".

Good luck to all. If I get any additional information that may be beneficial to all, I will post accordingly.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:44 PM, illinois_buckeye said:

Good info.  Hopefully I’ll get my card in the next week or so, seeing as we are at February 25 now, so I’m already 37 days past the “print” date.  If they can’t print cards fast enough maybe do away with foid and enact constitutional carry?  But we do live in Illinois…..

7 days since mine has been reprinted. Still no card. Lol

I don't think I'm ever going to get it.

I'm moving out of state within the year anyway. Biggest waste of 300 Dollars in my life.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:42 PM, kpeklund91 said:

7 days since mine has been reprinted. Still no card. Lol

For what it is worth. I received my (second) new card today. Sent to the printer on 2/14/2022, Mailed (metered) 2/28/2022 and received, Western 'burbs on 3/3/2022.

Good luck!

Well today is the 45 day mark from original print date, it has been reprinted 2 times, for a total of 3 times.

I still do not have my card.

I have been in contact with Joe Sosnowskis office of the 69th district. They told me they were looking into it.

That has been 7 days now and they are ghosting me as well.

This is just amazing. It's actually becoming funny to me once you brush off the fact that you pay almost 400 dollars to literally get nothing. 

Hi Illinois_Buckeye;

Just wanted to let you know that I finally received my concealed carry in the mail today since we were in the same batch 01/18/2022. It's the new card with the CCL Indicator. Hoping that everyone else that's been waiting will also receive their card in the mail soon. Also at the bottom of the card it states Caution This does not permit the bearer to UNLAWFULLY carry or use firearms; go figure.

Mine arrived today as well.  I work in Missouri and called a police station to inquire, he directed me to a gun shop where a lot of former cops work, and they said I’m able to carry there also.  

My card was the single foid with no expiration and the indicator that said ccl.

I noticed on this one there’s a number that says AL on it.  I wonder what that indicates.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the queue... change of address (same city, same ZIP) filed 4/22, (sent to be) printed 5/4.

Better than the extended wait (well over 30 days) I had moving from the south side of town (ZIP A) to the north (ZIP B ) that required a plea to St. Molly for intervention. 

Michael Evans <mntevans@gmail.com>

Feb 20, 2022, 11:01 AM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to brendan.kelly
cleardot.gif

2/20/22

To Brendan Kelly

Regarding Excessive Wait Time for Concealed Carry License Application number #########

I applied for my Illinois concealed carry license on 7/25/21 Illinois law states that a license application shall be approved or denied within 90 days if finger prints are provided, or allowed an additional 30 days without finger prints. I have now been waiting approximately 211 days.

I believe that the state of Illinois Firearm Services Bureau is in violation of the law and is denying me my right to bear arms by purposefully delaying the issuance of my concealed carry license.

I am writing today to seek assistance in forcing the state to comply with its’ laws and issue my concealed carry license immediately.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Respectfully

Michael Evans

7-25-21
profile_mask2.png

Weishaar, Shelby <Shelby.Weishaar@illinois.gov>

AttachmentsFeb 22, 2022, 9:49 AM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Mr. Evans,

Thank you for contacting the Illinois State Police. Your CCL application has been approved. You should receive your new card in approximately 10 business days.

0?ui=2&ik=0ea98ec4b1&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1725478955585833559&th=17f221f7d71b0a57&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-CcXkY9-29jFQOU7Kn7wpTtyhrdA30jDZduTcQ5srV6BN0EuuOpXgTTbWw6-i70OKtVcuv2wr5abwIlteW6xCbKysKawx5dbrQN2aPM585xfSiRQHSXVM7AiY&disp=embShelby Weishaar
Illinois State Police | Office of the Director

Office: 217-782-7264 | Cell: 217-204-7888
801 S. 7th St. Suite 1100-S | Springfield, IL 62703-2487

State of Illinois - CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be attorney-client privileged or attorney work product, may constitute inside information or internal deliberative staff communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy this communication and all copies thereof, including all attachments. Receipt by an unintended recipient does not waive attorney-client privilege, attorney work product privilege, or any other exemption from disclosure.

Attachments area

Feb 22, 2022, 5:51 PM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Shelby
cleardot.gif
Thank you for your prompt response and taking care of my issue.
cleardot.gif
Apr 14, 2022, 7:01 AM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Shelby
cleardot.gif

Good Morning Shelby,
A of today I have yet to get my CCL card. Printing date has changed at least two times. Your E-mail from Feb. 22, 2022 said card should come in 10 business days.
 Still waiting on card. 
Thank you for any assistance you could provide. 
Michael Evans
cleardot.gif
profile_mask2.png

Weishaar, Shelby

Apr 14, 2022, 8:41 AM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Mr. Evans,

I checked with our Firearms Services Bureau this morning. Your combo (FOID & CCL) card was printed 4/12/2022. It will go out in today’s mail.

Shelby Weishaar

Illinois State Police

Director’s Office

217-204-7888

cleardot.gif

Apr 30, 2022, 1:16 PM (6 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Shelby
cleardot.gif

Not sure how long it should take but as of today, May 30,2022 I have not got my card yet. I would have thought that if it was mailed on 4/12/2022 as stated in e-mail it would have been delivered by now. 18 days seems like a long time for mail, when we send family mail that live in and around Springfield it gets to them in 3-4 days at the longest.
Impatiently Waiting
Michael Evans
cleardot.gif
profile_mask2.png

May 4, 2022, 1:12 PM (2 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Shelby
cleardot.gif

As of today May 4 I have yet to receive my card. 
Still waiting on any information to clear up my issue would be helpful 
Michael Evans

This is my e-mails from ISP. Either someone is lying to me or someone is lying to the people in charge, As of Yesterday May 5, 2022 I have not got my new card, 

Not sure if anything can be done but is frustraing and what a mess this state has become. 

Is there a number a person can call to talk to a live person. 

Thanks for any help

Michael Evans

Sent from my iPhone

Archived