What's the deal with the emergency proclamation for CCL?

Mandpfanatic

I have not really kept up with all this stuff as closely as I should. I've read a few news reports that conflict with each other and can't really find a decent answer. 

So when does the 12 months past the emergency proclamation end? I'm entering my 8th month renewal review wait and don't want to chance it. Will ISP update the expiration when it ends from covid to the actual expiration? Or do I have to remember the specific date the proclamation ends?

I hope that the state is better with CCL licenses than with FOID cards. While I finally received my new FOID card, it was about 18 months from when I applied for the renewal ( 3 months before expiration) until the new card was in my hand. But the delay did not cause me any difficulties, including purchasing of ammunition during the interim. 

The emergency proclamation does not preclude one from renewing a near expiring card. Imho moving ahead with the renewal would be easier than putting off and therefore using the extended expiration period to have a card. Nothing in the proclamation says one can not apply for renewal.

You mileage may very and as always I am not a lawyer. But I did take my own advice and got my cards in 5 months WITH expiration dates intact!

On 1/25/2022 at 9:40 AM, Bubbacs said:

The emergency proclamation does not preclude one from renewing a near expiring card. Imho moving ahead with the renewal would be easier than putting off and therefore using the extended expiration period to have a card. Nothing in the proclamation says one can not apply for renewal.

You mileage may very and as always I am not a lawyer. But I did take my own advice and got my cards in 5 months WITH expiration dates intact!

How do you renew without a "renewal" button??????????????

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 12:42 PM, notatreehugger said:

I renewed mine in April.  My CCL expired mid-May.  They’re fast to take my payment but the haven’t processed anything yet.  Did notice that my expiration dates went from COVID-19 to 5/6/2021.  Anyone know what that means?

I noticed the same thing with my expiration dates, no longer says Covid-19 expiration.  My FOID now says 2024 expiration (original expiration date), and my CCL RENEWAL says it expired in April 2021.  Does that tell law enforcement that my CCL is no longer valid if I'm stopped and checked, or better yet if I'm asked by an out of state jurisdiction?

Attention: CCL and FOID card holders seeking renewal.

Changes to the FOID and FCCL Acts that took effect January 1, 2022, and rules adopted implementing these changes, require FOID and FCCL cardholders to submit renewal applications prior to the expiration of their card to remain valid. Additionally, while the Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation in response to the COVID 19 pandemic remains in effect, if a cardholder submits a renewal application after the expiration date of the card, their expired card will be reset to valid while the application is processed so long as the FOID Card is not subject to revocation pursuant to the provisions of Section 8 or Section 8.2 of the FOID Act or the FCCL is not subject to revocation pursuant to the provisions of Section 70 of the FCCL Act.

The ISP Firearms Services Bureau encourages FOID cardholders and CCL holders to keep a copy of their confirmation from their submitted renewal application as additional verification of compliance.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:43 PM, captdan said:

It is my understanding that is correct. During the COVID Extension your CCL will become valid again as soon as you submit your renewal. Renewal are no longer being accepted without the training. That ship has sailed.

That did not answer my question.  My CCL renewal, along with 8hr training certificate, was submitted and accepted in February 2021.  My CCL expiration date was April 2021. The portal now says  my CCL expired in April 2021 instead of Covid-19 expiration date as of last week..  My FOID is still valld until 2024 expiration.

On 2/12/2022 at 2:21 PM, Rmac702 said:

That did not answer my question.  My CCL renewal, along with 8hr training certificate, was submitted and accepted in February 2021.  My CCL expiration date was April 2021. The portal now says  my CCL expired in April 2021 instead of Covid-19 expiration date as of last week..  My FOID is still valld until 2024 expiration.

Same here.  Renewed before the expiration date, back in April.  Got a new DL in November as well.  FOID expired 1/1/2022, so I applied for a renewal in October.  FOID was printed on 1/10/2022.  When FOID was in hand, I noticed it has no expiration date and the CCL indicator was a N.  Also noticed when the FOID went active, expiration changed from COVID-19 to 5/6/2021 on the CCL line on the website.  It may have changed before, but that’s when I noticed it.  Not sure if I’m still legal or not, but I’ll be calling Sen Fowler Monday morning.

On 2/12/2022 at 4:57 PM, notatreehugger said:

Same here.  Renewed before the expiration date, back in April.  Got a new DL in November as well.  FOID expired 1/1/2022, so I applied for a renewal in October.  FOID was printed on 1/10/2022.  When FOID was in hand, I noticed it has no expiration date and the CCL indicator was a N.  Also noticed when the FOID went active, expiration changed from COVID-19 to 5/6/2021 on the CCL line on the website.  It may have changed before, but that’s when I noticed it.  Not sure if I’m still legal or not, but I’ll be calling Sen Fowler Monday morning.

Did you renew your CCL with the 8hr training certificate?  I'm assuming you did, same as me.  Anyway, I do not like the ISP portal showing my CCL is expired even though I renewed with the 8hr training certificate (3hr) two months prior to expiration in February 2021.  Molly, we need some feedback here.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, Rmac702 said:

Did you renew your CCL with the 8hr training certificate?  I'm assuming you did, same as me.  Anyway, I do not like the ISP portal showing my CCL is expired even though I renewed with the 8hr training certificate two months prior to expiration in February 2021.  Molly, we need some feedback here.

I did submit my training certificate with my application, but it was only the 3 or 4 hour requirement.  I took the class in Dec 2020 or Jan 2021(can’t remember).  I do not have prints on file.  

On 2/12/2022 at 5:25 PM, notatreehugger said:

I did submit my training certificate with my application, but it was only the 3 or 4 hour requirement.  I took the class in Dec 2020 or Jan 2021(can’t remember).  I do not have prints on file.  

You're right, it's a 3 hour course.  It has been so long since I did it, I forgot lol.

I'm at a lose to understand why applying 7/6/21 with renewal button and renewal cert and paying before expire. Would not have any movement at all and still be sitting in que this long.

Showing on ISP that it has been accepted, paid for and NOTHING has been done or processed yet! Not the exact words but nothing has been done on any part of the process it states.

Only thing they don't have there was "Have a nice day"! 

On 2/12/2022 at 5:38 PM, Bubbacs said:

I'm at a lose to understand why applying 7/6/21 with renewal button and renewal cert and paying before expire. Would not have any movement at all and still be sitting in que this long.

Showing on ISP that it has been accepted, paid for and NOTHING has been done or processed yet! Not the exact words but nothing has been done on any part of the process it states.

Only thing they don't have there was "Have a nice day"! 

Think this is the wording you are taking about:  "We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue."  Submitted my renewal on 5/2/21 (renewal certificate, before expiration, no prints).  As of today still showing that.

On 2/13/2022 at 8:33 AM, GSDlady said:

Think this is the wording you are taking about:  "We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue."  Submitted my renewal on 5/2/21 (renewal certificate, before expiration, no prints).  As of today still showing that.

And I'll bet you now have an expiration date on your CCL and FOID instead of it showing Covid-19 expiration as it did a week or two ago.  

On 2/13/2022 at 8:33 AM, GSDlady said:

Wow. And you are a full two months earlier than this. If in fact they haven’t done ANYTHING how does that fly? No BG check, nothing?

This one issue with this wording should somehow be addressed by someone on our side with inside contacts. Maybe one of our leaders can contact a Rep inside the circle and ask for a mass look at those cards with this exact statement. Anyone?

i ask as individual calls would or might only shake one card lose from the what appears to big a large number just laying there!

On 2/13/2022 at 9:10 AM, Bubbacs said:

Wow. And you are a full two months earlier than this. If in fact they haven’t done ANYTHING how does that fly? No BG check, nothing?

This one issue with this wording should somehow be addressed by someone on our side with inside contacts. Maybe one of our leaders can contact a Rep inside the circle and ask for a mass look at those cards with this exact statement. Anyone?

i ask as individual calls would or might only shake one card lose from the what appears to big a large number just laying there!

My CCL renewal was submitted one year ago this month, including the three hour training certificate, no prints.  I'm a few months ahead of you guys, and mine says the exact same thing with nothing being done.  But wait, I now have an expiration date showing in the portal, and it says my CCL is expired.

On 2/13/2022 at 8:49 AM, Rmac702 said:

And I'll bet you now have an expiration date on your CCL and FOID instead of it showing Covid-19 expiration as it did a week or two ago.  

Yes, there is now a CCL expiration instead of Covid-19.  My FOID expiration is good as doesn't expire until 2028.  Hubby's CCL renewal is showing same status as mine.

Archived