FN getting back in the "High Power" game

Euler

This year there will be the FN High Power, the Springfield SA-35, and the Girsan MPC-35 on the market. Supposedly the Girsan pistols are starting to trickle in at $400, the Springfields are around $700 which leads me to believe the FN is going to be somewhere between $900 and $1100 because why not?

What will actually be interesting is seeing a detailed video of all three of them side by side and to see the differences fit and finish and then one of those torture tests where they like dunk the guns in mud and wet sand and such then shoot them. 

On 1/18/2022 at 8:13 AM, mikew said:

There's clones of the original for those that don't want the differences/improvements.

Yep, those folks can pay near new retail prices for used guns. I'll pay for a new one with some changes because I don't have any sort of attachment to the original. 

On 1/18/2022 at 8:13 AM, mikew said:

There's clones of the original for those that don't want the differences/improvements.

Yes, there are clones, and many used originals. This new one seems to have addressed some of the things BHP enthusiasts have been improving for decades. But... this one may be a bit longer and half a pound heavier, making it somewhat less desirable for concealed carry. I would like to handle one, and will probably buy one, just because. At this point a lightweight short slide version, like the one I put together, seems preferable for carry for me. As a collector, I don't see how a non parts compatible pistol fits in with examples spanning nearly 90 years (nearly 80 years in my collection). This new one will share the history of the original in name and reminiscent styling only. I fear it will affect the market for used original BHPs by raising the prices higher.

Rehabbing a used High Power purchased at a low price, or even the SA-35/Girsan at below MSRP, easily brings the final cash outlay to the MSRP of this new pistol.

This is an interesting development in the High Power world.

Adding a link to FN America:

https://fnamerica.com/pistols/fn-high-power-series/?utm_source=meganav_by-series

• 4 weeks later...

Archived