Biden Admits More Gun Control Wouldn’t Have Prevented TX Synagogue Standoff

mauserme

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/01/biden-admits-more-gun-control-wouldnt-have-prevented-tx-synagogue-standoff/

Biden admits more gun control wouldn’t have prevented TX synagogue standoff

JANUARY 17, 2022 RYAN MORGAN

During brief remarks to reporters on Sunday, President Joe Biden admitted background checks wouldn’t have prevented Malik Faisal Akram from obtaining the firearm he used to take hostages at a synagogue in Texas on Saturday.

Akram was a citizen of the United Kingdom. A reporter at the press briefing noted Akram had only been in the U.S. for couple weeks, and asked Biden how he was able to obtain the firearm without being a lawful U.S. citizen.

“Well allegedly — I — we — I don’t have all the facts, nor does the Attorney General, but, allegedly, the assertion was he got the weapons on the street,” Biden said. “He purchased them when he landed.”

Biden noted reports Akram stayed for at least some time in a homeless shelter after arriving in the U.S. and may have purchased the firearm from someone on the street or in the homeless shelter.

A reporter then asked Biden what were the “ramifications” Akram’s case had on the Biden administration’s gun control efforts

“The idea of background checks are critical,” Biden said. “But you can’t stop something like this if someone is on the street buying something from somebody else on the street.”

Biden then went on to criticize the overall prevalence of firearms in the U.S.

“There’s so many guns that have been sold of late,” Biden said. “It’s just ridiculous.”

Biden said the standoff at the Texas synagogue is also the result of a “failure of us to focus as hard as we should and as consistent as we should on gun purchases, gun sales, ghost guns, and a whole range of things that I’m trying to do.”

In other words, what people have said for years.  People who are going to do things have no regard for laws, and laws probably would not have stopped the shooter from getting a gun as they would have likely gotten one from the street.  

Interestingly if you look up about 3d printed guns, I saw something on youtube once, and apparently people have competitions with 3d printed guns.  I'd be willing to guess if they ever banned guns that a cottage industry would spring up, and people who are criminals would be able to access them still.  

On 1/22/2022 at 12:03 PM, jim123 said:

He got this right, too.

Actually he’s managed to get in place the start of an extensive “anti voter fraud” movement.

Unfortunately it’s lodged in only a handful of red states at present and all of his current efforts are centered on trying to destroy it….

Hopefully, following midterms, that’ll switch around and there will be a better push to expand the movement….

On 1/21/2022 at 9:24 AM, illinois_buckeye said:

Interestingly if you look up about 3d printed guns, I saw something on youtube once, and apparently people have competitions with 3d printed guns.  I'd be willing to guess if they ever banned guns that a cottage industry would spring up, and people who are criminals would be able to access them still.  

There's a fella out there who has been working on a 3D printed polymer frame for the Browning High Power. The thought is... there are tons of old parts available, the parts that cannot be plastic. I imagine once a working frame is out there, it will never go away. When last I checked, he had produced a working frame. I kinda want one!

Adding link to test firing.

Archived