Jump to content

Call to Action 1/16/2022! Witness Slips Needed!


mauserme
 Share

Recommended Posts

I found it interesting that two people who stated they represented ISRA showed no position on HB2541 and one on HB3144. 

 

I love the slight of hand attempts at ISRA. This is the same imperial behavior they’ve shown last year. I guess we are all just little people who are inept in the ways of politics and need to be force feed their excrement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2022 at 6:19 PM, Felixd said:

I found it interesting that two people who stated they represented ISRA showed no position on HB2541 and one on HB3144. 

 

I love the slight of hand attempts at ISRA. This is the same imperial behavior they’ve shown last year. I guess we are all just little people who are inept in the ways of politics and need to be force feed their excrement. 

 

HB2541:  Don't confuse ISRA intent with the inability to click on the right stuff.  Neither Donald J Davis nor Jim Viviano represent ISRA in any capacity other than possibly being members.
People from both sides make this mistake.

HB3144:  There you go.
Is it the worst bill in the world? No.  Is there a burning reason to not oppose it?  fpppppppf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank goodness for the ISRA and their magical powers.

 

Quote

Your opposition of this legislation has kept Illinois safer by allowing 2A supporters their rights under the law. Because of your support these bills were tabled by the Committee Chair. We could not have blocked this in committee without your support. We won today's battle, but the war on our 2A rights will continue.

 

 

image.png.c83387665987cbc688893856676733ba.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 9:04 AM, mikew said:

 

HB2541:  Don't confuse ISRA intent with the inability to click on the right stuff.  Neither Donald J Davis nor Jim Viviano represent ISRA in any capacity other than possibly being members.
People from both sides make this mistake.

HB3144:  There you go.
Is it the worst bill in the world? No.  Is there a burning reason to not oppose it?  fpppppppf.

Well Mike, it's just the idea ISRA has again decided to be the arbiter of our rights. No discussion, no statement, no authority, just do it so we little people don't have to be bothered with it. The attitude is ripe with aragance. It's hard not to believe that the leadership holds the opinion that they're the grown ups and that we're just children who need their guidance. It's reminds one of Cook County politics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 9:04 AM, mikew said:

 

HB2541:  Don't confuse ISRA intent with the inability to click on the right stuff.  Neither Donald J Davis nor Jim Viviano represent ISRA in any capacity other than possibly being members.
People from both sides make this mistake.

HB3144:  There you go.
Is it the worst bill in the world? No.  Is there a burning reason to not oppose it?  fpppppppf.

It may not be the worst bill but it is bad. Don’t think for a second they wouldn’t abuse that law.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

 

If you look at all the bills ISRA is "neutral" on, they've filed neutral witness slips on very few.  There's just  no need to slip in as neutral in most cases.   

 

In my opinion when it's done, it's a signal.  It could be that a former opponent's objections were addressed and they need to change their position (slips can't be deleted) or, in the case of HB3144, it signals that they're OK with it.  They won't get in the way.  They see no problem with the bill or actually kind of like it, but they can't say that out loud.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 6:39 PM, mauserme said:

I'd take that a step further and recall that they supported a bump stock ban a few years ago, before they changed their public position to neutral.  They are doing the work of the anti's in some cases.

https://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/rep-wheeler-il-rifle-association-work-together-bump-fire-stock-bill

 

"I want to thank the State Rifle Association for working with me to craft this legislation to improve public safety while ensuring the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Illinoisans is not infringed," said Wheeler.

So when did they go neutral?  Almost looks like they wrote the bill for Barb Wheeler.

Edited by Black Flag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 10:23 AM, Black Flag said:

https://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/rep-wheeler-il-rifle-association-work-together-bump-fire-stock-bill

 

"I want to thank the State Rifle Association for working with me to craft this legislation to improve public safety while ensuring the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding Illinoisans is not infringed," said Wheeler.

So when did they go neutral?  Almost looks like they wrote the bill for Barb Wheeler.

 

They changed their support witness slip to neutral after irate gun owners started calling them.  Of course, "neutral" still meant "support", same as it did with HB562 and now with HB3144.

 

Coincidentally, Barb Wheeler is Al Salvi's sister.  Speaking in favor of gun rights while supporting gun control seems to run in their family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 10:57 AM, mauserme said:

 

They changed their support witness slip to neutral after irate gun owners started calling them.  Of course, "neutral" still meant "support", same as it did with HB562 and now with HB3144.

 

Coincidentally, Barb Wheeler is Al Salvi's sister.  Speaking in favor of gun rights while supporting gun control seems to run in their family.

I don't see any witness slips for that bill HB4120.
https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/witnessslip.asp?DocNum=4120&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=&GAID=14&SessionID=91&GA=100&SpecSess=

 

Looks like it never made it out of rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wheeler's bill got held up and the bill morphed into SB2343 SFA1, in the 100th General Assembly.

 

The ISRA witness slip was originally in support, then changed to neutral. There's discussion about it here.

 

There are some stylistic changes between the two bills, with the biggest substantive differences being when the bill would take effect and the inclusion of “trigger crank” as a separately prohibited item in the Senate bill.

 

At the time, Ed Sullivan was quoted as saying about SB2343:

 

Thank you for the email. The Executive Director for ISRA, who is added to this email, along with other gun rights groups have all decided that a clean ban is much more favorable to one that would criminalize someone changing out a trigger and getting caught up in unintended consequences. We also know that an alternate amendment is planned that would take away preemption for long guns and hand regulation back to the municipalities. In the end we, with the help of the governor, have beat back every attempt to strip you of your 2A rights. This is not the sword to fall on

 

As a point of fact, IllinoisCarry was not among those groups who made the decision he claimed was made by more than the group he represents.  We fought all versions of the ban like heck.  We won that fight without the dire consequences he predicted.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...