Hypocrites

2A4Cook

Illinois Kommie Senate President's hubby firing at fleeing carjackers???  And they think WE shouldn't own firearms???  This is wrong on so many levels.  How many rounds were in his weapon of war???

If this was you or me ...

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021/12/23/22851976/kimberly-lightford-carjacking-husband-fired-shots-gun-concealed-carry-permit-broadview

On 12/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, Euler said:

Pretty sure her and her husband's lives weren't in danger once the jackers started fleeing. This is THE prototypical example of what not to do.

Gee, I wonder if he'll be charged with felony reckless discharge.

Oh, wait, the laws don't apply to them. I forgot.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I thought there was an exchange of gun fire.  The "jackers" were shooting at the husband and the husband shooting at the "jackers." He could have been "returning fire." We don't know.  

Senators have special privileges, but that does not extend to carrying firearms without the proper papers.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:33 PM, burningspear said:

Maybe yes, maybe no. I thought there was an exchange of gun fire.  The "jackers" were shooting at the husband and the husband shooting at the "jackers." He could have been "returning fire." We don't know.  

Senators have special privileges, but that does not extend to carrying firearms without the proper papers.

Didn’t a female Chicago police officer get arrested for the same thing? Firing at the perps that stole her vehicle?
OH! She wasn’t part of the Demonrat party, so she goes down. 

On 12/23/2021 at 4:30 PM, Stats said:

“They had separated me and my husband,” she said on WGN-TV. “After they got the guns off of us,..."

"Lightford said her husband is a concealed-carry permit holder."

IT appears the Senator was also carrying. She did not say she had a CCL.  Do Senators get special privileges?

I took her comment about "getting the guns off them" to mean when the carjackers stopped pointing their guns at them.  Otherwise, how could her husband have started shooting at them after that happened?  

As for Senators having special privileges, I wouldn't be surprised to find there's a carve-out for them somewhere.

On 12/23/2021 at 3:56 PM, Sweeper13 said:

Took a few days to find out he has a ccw and shot. Usually you hear about it the same day. Cops aren't saying much, why aren't the media at the police station. 

This.  It seems like every other time a CCL-holder is involved in a shooting, the headline invariably reads "Concealed carry holder shoots..."  The fact that somebody was able to dig the facts up was impressive, but the police certainly weren't forthcoming with that information.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:42 PM, mab22 said:

Didn’t a female Chicago police officer get arrested for the same thing? Firing at the perps that stole her vehicle?
OH! She wasn’t part of the Demonrat party, so she goes down. 

The facts were completely different. The perp was fleeing. The jacking was over. There were pedestrians in the line of fire. Another occupied car was pulling out of a parking spot. There was no exchange of gun fire. The officer was the only one shooting. Whether the officer was a Democrat or not is totally irrelevant. I am sure the arresting officer did not check her voting record. Nor did he or she care.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:19 AM, burningspear said:

The facts were completely different. The perp was fleeing. The jacking was over. There were pedestrians in the line of fire. Another occupied car was pulling out of a parking spot. There was no exchange of gun fire. The officer was the only one shooting. Whether the officer was a Democrat or not is totally irrelevant. I am sure the arresting officer did not check her voting record. Nor did he or she care.

The carjackers took their guns off of them, meaning they weren’t pointing them at the couple, then her husband FIRED AT the carjackers, from the article, and we don’t know when he fired, guessing it wasn’t cowboy style while the jackers had their guns out already, that would probably be suicidal. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021/12/23/22851976/kimberly-lightford-carjacking-husband-fired-shots-gun-concealed-carry-permit-broadview

“They had separated me and my husband,” she said on WGN-TV. “After they got the guns off of us, my husband told me to run. I ran, reluctantly, because I didn’t want to leave him there. And it was a scary run because now shots are being fired. I thought for sure they were going to shoot me.”

Lightford said her husband is a concealed-carry permit holder. He fired at the carjackers, she said.

She is an elected official in the Demonrat party, the officer was not an elected official in the Democrat party.

We don’t know if the jackers were fleeing or if they were pedestrians in the area when he fired, so it very well could have been the same situation. 

She wouldn't be the Dem Senate Majority Leader if she didn't vote for every gun control measure that ever came her way.  Do you think this experience will change her gun control agenda in the future?  Has she experienced an epiphany?  Will she now empathize  with the rest of Illinoisans who are in constant danger of criminal attack due to the policies of her party?  Of course not.  They would remove her as Leader if she did  She will hypocritically continue taking BloomieBucks and vote the way Bloomie wants.  She will continue to browbeat every Dem in the State Senate to support extreme gun control measures.  She is a typical Dem piece of human filth.

Archived