Where shou we do our financial transactions ?

djmarkla

On 12/21/2021 at 1:35 PM, djmarkla said:

I am looking for a place to do banking business in the burbs around Hoffman Estates.  I have an account at Chase Bank. I know that as a corporation they are actively anti 2A. I wish to no longer give them my business. Does anyone know of a bank or credit union that some respect for constitutionally protected civil rights? 

I don’t know about their corporate policy but the branch in Mundelein is not posted.

Step back and think about that question. Chase “May” have a corporate anti 2a but they are not posted and allow carry here in Illinois and many other states, at least Indiana, Iowa, and here personally.

Target corporation has a anti 2a policy within its core. But like many others they too are not posted and allow carry within the laws.

In looking for where to spend your money, where to do your banking business, and possible with whom you actually do business with you may find that the very small window to avoid these corporations is near impossible. It’s better in my mind to not look for an excuse to avoid places and to accept them if not posted and some even state they will accept the local laws.

Bottom line is many, many companies are anti2a. But understand the need to still conduct business with this group of citizens as it is a growing part of the population everywhere.

In my own opinion we will never have a full acceptance of 2a. But you will hear less and less about those who are anti 2a. They need you!

I think you may need to see certain levels of anti-2A.

I'd say at the top - level one - are those who refuse to do business with gun companies, gun shops, pro-2A organizations.   Those who close accounts for gun shops.   Those should get the brunt of the boycott.   

Then below them are the second level - those who actively fund gun control groups with significant amounts of money.

The third level is those who are anti-2A but fund  gun control groups with small amounts of money.

The fourth level are those who spout anti-2A nonsense but don't fund anti-2a groups.

Depending on where you want to draw the line, that limits your banking options. 

I'd say do no business with level 1 and level 2.   Third and below, depend on what choices are left.  

On 12/22/2021 at 9:18 AM, mikew said:

Texas has given the anti-2A banks pause to reflect.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:25 AM, Talonap said:

Did I miss something, (Again)? What did Texas do?

A couple months ago, Texas enacted a law prohibiting banks who refuse to do business (like hold accounts or process credit card transactions) with gun shops, distributors, and manufacturers from new government contracts, like underwriting state and municipal bonds. Existing government contracts are unaffected.

That excludes Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, and Citibank from state and municipal contracts in Texas.

I would quickly act and switch banks IF my curent bank gave me shoddy customer service, screwed up my bank accounts, or was near impossible to deal with over the phone, in person or online. I used to bank with TCF but had ZERO interest in what their corporate "politics" might be. They have since been merged with/bought out by Huntington Bank (they used to finance an  SUV I owned). Again I have no knowledge and frankly zero interest in what this new organization's corporate "politics" might be. To date they have provided GREAT customer service, prompt and accurate account notifications and convenient handling of paying my scheduled bills.

But that's just ME and how I choose to invest MY energy and emotions. How anyone else opts to make such choices is really none of MY business.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:32 AM, BobPistol said:

I think you may need to see certain levels of anti-2A.

I'd say at the top - level one - are those who refuse to do business with gun companies, gun shops, pro-2A organizations.   Those who close accounts for gun shops.   Those should get the brunt of the boycott.   

Then below them are the second level - those who actively fund gun control groups with significant amounts of money.

The third level is those who are anti-2A but fund  gun control groups with small amounts of money.

The fourth level are those who spout anti-2A nonsense but don't fund anti-2a groups.

Depending on where you want to draw the line, that limits your banking options. 

I'd say do no business with level 1 and level 2.   Third and below, depend on what choices are left.  

ideally I would like to find level 3 or 4. I am looking at consumers credit union by I can't find info related to 2A.

I have no idea what the 2A position is of the bank that I use, PNC. But the branch that I use is not posted. I have been pleased with the customer service, and more importantly, have been successfully using their online banking system for many years and would hate to have to learn a new system. My only gripe is that they used to have many more branches but have consolidated into fewer locations in the city where I live. 

On 12/28/2021 at 9:15 AM, vito said:

I have no idea what the 2A position is of the bank that I use, PNC. But the branch that I use is not posted. I have been pleased with the customer service, and more importantly, have been successfully using their online banking system for many years and would hate to have to learn a new system. My only gripe is that they used to have many more branches but have consolidated into fewer locations in the city where I live. 

I’ve been with PNC for years and have been very happy with their customer service.  I’ve never seen a no guns sign at any branch. 

Archived