Foid Expired 8 days ago help!

Just realized my foid expired 8 days ago... tried to log into ISP website and it made me create a new account >.< CCL was literally just redone (took whole course over again due to CCL expiration) 

1) Did the modernization and auto renew thing go into affect?

2) If not what must I do to get FOID back up so CCL is active? 

I really really hate this stupid system, and their even worse web portal. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

All FOIDs and CCLs are still "COVID" expiration dates, which means your FOID has not expired, despite what it might say on the card. The emergency proclamation is still in effect (and will probably be renewed for another 30 days tomorrow).

"Automatic renewal" (upon FTIP check or CCL renewal) becomes law in January. The ISP has 6 months (i.e., until July 1) to implement it.

• 7 months later...

My wife's CCL expired in May 2022 she thought it was to expired May 2023. Well anyway she redid the 16hrs course again in June she submitted CCL form, paid fees (EXTORTION FEE ) etc. 

My question is can she still carry or will she need to wait for approval  ? Her FOID is still valid. 

I can't wait hopefully soon we'll be living in a constitutional carry state without all this nonsense. 

On 7/11/2022 at 6:25 PM, Bo69 said:

My wife's CCL expired in May 2022 she thought it was to expired May 2023. Well anyway she redid the 16hrs course again in June she submitted CCL form, paid fees (EXTORTION FEE ) etc. 

My question is can she still carry or will she need to wait for approval  ? Her FOID is still valid. 

I can't wait hopefully soon we'll be living in a constitutional carry state without all this nonsense. 

She probably still clicked a "renew" button to renew. Ordinarily she'd have to wait until she got a new card, but there's a disaster on-going right now.

JCAR

JCAR said:

Section 1231.120 Renewal

c) Conditional Renewal During a Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation

1) Any FCCL that expires during a Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation issued pursuant to Section 7 of the Illinois Emergency Management Act [20 ILCS 3305] shall be considered conditionally renewed provided that the:

A) application is submitted for renewal pursuant to the requirements of Sections 30, 40 and 50 of the Act while a statewide Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation is in effect;

B) applicant has an active FOID card pursuant to the requirements of Sections 4, 5, 8 and 8.2 of the FOID Act; and

C) applicant's FCCL card is not subject to revocation pursuant to the provisions of Section 70 of the Act.

2) Any conditionally renewed FCCL card shall be deemed valid for the purposes of possessing and carrying firearms, unless the FCCL card is subject to revocation or suspension under Section 70 of the Act.

3) The validity of a FCCL card during a conditional renewal period will be reflected in any inquiry into the Department's database of license applicants and licensees that is available to all federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, State's Attorneys, the Attorney General, and authorized court personnel.

4) Conditionally renewed licenses shall remain active until a new FCCL card is issued.

The answer to the question should be on the ISP website, though. What does it say about the status of her application?

Archived