Tactical shotgun, anyone?

AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Who is interested in a tactical shotgun class? Or perhaps a tactical pistol & shotgun class? 

I'm considering hosting a private class with a fairly well known law enforcement instructor. 

This could be one or two days.

If you're interested, please reply and let me know if you're interested in one day, two days, and if you want pistol + shotgun or shotgun only.

• 11 months later...

Did you ever end up doing this? I was just thinking about I wanted to run some more shotgun next year and was looking for a dynamic/tactical shotgun class. I don't get to do much outside of some club matches or the zombie shoot. 

If you did end up running this, is it something you're planning on doing again? 

What is/was the course syllabus? Class duration? Cost? Gear required?

On 12/3/2021 at 3:57 PM, jpearson said:

Location?

Most likely Aurora Sportsman Club, but I am open to any venue and will also do private classes.  If ASC is too far for you, let's chat. I'm willing to travel. 

On 12/1/2022 at 1:23 PM, solareclipse2 said:

Did you ever end up doing this? I was just thinking about I wanted to run some more shotgun next year and was looking for a dynamic/tactical shotgun class. I don't get to do much outside of some club matches or the zombie shoot. 

If you did end up running this, is it something you're planning on doing again? 

What is/was the course syllabus? Class duration? Cost? Gear required?

This didn't happen yet, as there wasn't enough interest, but there seems to be much more interest now.  I currently have the rough outline for the course but I'll be finalizing my curriculum in February.  In short, the inaugural class shall be a 1-day class. The minimum gear will be a shotgun with a sling. A side saddle will be strongly recommended. Of course, ppe and the typical range gear will also be necessary.  It will start from the basics of stance, sling use, various reloads, multiple targets, testing each shooter's pattern at various distances, malfunction clearance, ~300 rounds. 

On 12/2/2022 at 11:46 AM, AlphaKoncepts aka CGS said:

Most likely Aurora Sportsman Club, but I am open to any venue and will also do private classes.  If ASC is too far for you, let's chat. I'm willing to travel. 

This didn't happen yet, as there wasn't enough interest, but there seems to be much more interest now.  I currently have the rough outline for the course but I'll be finalizing my curriculum in February.  In short, the inaugural class shall be a day class. The minimum gear will be a shotgun with a sling. A side saddle will be strongly recommended. Of course, ppe and the typical range gear will also be necessary.  It will start from the basics of stance, sling use, various reloads, multiple targets, testing each shooter's pattern at various distances, malfunction clearance, ~300 rounds. 

I belong to a club that has a private range but they're pretty of fuddy about things. It would be cool if I could swing it so that you could do the class at our range. I think you'd need to get the whole curriculum ready and pitch it to the club at the next meeting in 2023. 

I've hosted multiple defensive pistol classes at ASC check out some of the vids... 

Archived