URGENT: Anti Senators will attempt to pass HR 8 (Universal Background Check) today, without vote via Unanimous Consent

cybermgk

• cybermgk changed the title to URGENT: Anti Senators will attempt to pass HR 8 (Universal Background Check) today, without vote via Unanimous Consent

The Hill

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), a leading advocate for gun control legislation, asked for unanimous consent to proceed to the House bill, citing the recent school shooting in Michigan that left four students dead.

“I want to tell you why I’m making this request. I understand the low likelihood of success ...

Grassley, however, blocked the request, calling it “hostile towards lawful gun owners and lawful firearm transactions.”

“This will not solve the problems that it seeks to solve. So-called universal background checks will not prevent crime and will turn otherwise law-abiding citizens into criminals,” he argued.

Grassley said his own bill, sponsored with Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), to increase requirements for government agencies to accurately submit records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System is a better proposal.

He then asked unanimous consent for his own bill to pass, which Murphy objected to.

On 12/2/2021 at 3:40 PM, EdDinIL said:

Update from Guns & Gadgets:  Effort defeated.  

I'm sure all the calls to Sens. Durbin and Duckworth made a difference!

"I'm sure all the calls to Sens. Durbin and Duckworth made a difference!"

I did both emails and calls.  Duckworth's office, get this, in answer to the email, spoke nada about this, and instead tried to sell me on the Build Back Better Money Printing Bill.

think of gun control as icy water backed up against a glacier ice dam.

it's constantly at work seeking a way through, no matter how : stealth , deception, lies

seeping, seeping, seeping, always trying to push through.

if we hadn't been paying attention....... BOOM!!!!

On 12/3/2021 at 10:59 PM, markthesignguy said:

think of gun control as icy water backed up against a glacier ice dam.

it's constantly at work seeking a way through, no matter how : stealth , deception, lies

seeping, seeping, seeping, always trying to push through.

if we hadn't been paying attention....... BOOM!!!!

Talk about a good analogy!! 😆

On 12/6/2021 at 12:37 PM, JTHunter said:

That is some serious hardware Lilguy.

The three people on the couch - the man appears to be holding a rather large rifle with a bipod.  That wouldn't be a .50 BMG would it?

The young girl's gun looks like an Uzi and the lady seems to be holding a Thompson's (minus the magazine).  Do you know what are those guns and calibers?

The guy on the left is holding an M60 machinegun in 7.62x51. 
Thatis some serious firepower!

Archived