Does anyone know what ammo Kyle Rittenhouse was using?

C0untZer0

When the prosecution direct questioned Ryan Balch (day 2 of the trial I believe), they had him explain what an FMJ was, even though he wasn't brought in as an expert witness. This implies to me that KR was carrying FMJ, but did not denote whether it was 55gr, 62gr or other.

Prosecution seemed to be going for the "overly dangerous ammo" argument because "FMJ can over penetrate vs JHP".

On 11/10/2021 at 9:17 PM, C0untZer0 said:

Kyle Rittenhouse confirmed on the stand that his rifle was loaded with FMJ.

Brietbart

Brietbart said:

Prosecutor Thomas Binger cross-examined Kyle Rittenhouse in court on Wednesday and suggested hollow point bullets are designed to "explode" inside an animal.

"Hollow point bullets are designed to hit the animal that they're being shot at, let's say a deer for example, and explode inside that body, correct?" Binger said.

Rittenhouse shook his head left to right and said, "No, I don't think so."

Judge Bruce Schroeder then interjected and asked Binger to clarify as to whether he meant "expand" or "explode."

Binger's emphasis on ammunition came after Rittenhouse had already confirmed that his AR-15 was loaded with full metal jacket (FMJ) bullets, rather than hollow points.

I'm sure he meant "explode," because he's confirming what his intended audience thinks.

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2021 at 10:12 AM, C0untZer0 said:

If an FMJ didn't tumble, wouldn't it make a through-and-through hole ?  The top part of that guy's arm was blown off.  Its hard to believe hydro-static shock did that.

Through and through yes, but flesh and muscle don’t absorb the bullets kinetic energy very well so through and through can be pretty gnarly,  especially at 3000 fps 

• 2 months later...

Archived